Options

Replies

• crystal92591
    Options
    Nice support BigGuy...not so big.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If you want to do something, you'll find a way. If not you'll find an excuse.

try it
  • chantaljl
    chantaljl Posts: 21
    Options
    It has taken me 12 months to lose 35 pounds. You need to know that any progress is still progress. The best gain you will receive by eating healthy and working out, is knowing that you are making positive changes in your life.

You need patience and determination, the rest will happen on it's own.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    All these terrific answers. I am so glad I found mfp! I have awesome friends here.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I lost 30lbs in 9 months and now NOTHING in 7 months!!! I still have 20lbs to go and I'm not giving up!!!
  • ljc73
    ljc73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was frustrated with my 1 pound a week weight loss - and I still get frustrated with it - but everyone is right: it's the healthy way to do it. Don't give up! I've lost 22 pounds since the beginning of the year and do what you do -- I workout HARD 6x per week, eat very well, etc., etc. It's taken time but this time I feel like it will actually stay off because I'm not on some crazy diet where I drop a ton of weight only to gain it back.

Keep it up!
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have the same attitude as you right now :) I have been at it and the scale is just not moving like i want it to, i think im going to hide my scale and only take it out once every two weeks. i know what i am doing is working i have worn some pants i hvent been able to wear without a baggie shirt hiding the muffin top lol i finally took measurements and am waiting to take them again to see those numbers. just stick with it and keep up the work as someone else said 7 months will go by either way!
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It took me a YEAR to lose 30! Do not give up! You will hate yourself when a year goes by and you start thinking about how much you COULD have weighed IF you hadn't quit!

Putting ^^^^this on my fridge.!!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you lose more than a pound a week, then you are not losing fat! After 30 days you've lost 4 pounds of fat!! That is awesome! Go pick up a 5 pound weight and see how heavy it feels; that is about how much FAT you have lost. It is unsafe to lose more than a pound or two per week. Also, you are replacing that fat with muscle which not only burns more calories (10 per pound every hour while at rest, and fat only burns 2 an hour at rest), but muscle shapes your body and makes it look sexy! I am 6 months in and have only lost 3 pounds, but that is because I have built so much muscle which weighs more than fat! My body looks awesome compared to what it looked like 6 months ago. Don't focus so much on the scale. Tape measure your stomach, hips, thighs, chest, and arms and see how many inches you lose; I guarantee it will show up there! If you want to lose more weight, simply cut your calories by 100 every week and see if that helps, but make sure you don't go below 1200. Also, take pictures of yourself in your underwear and then do it every month and see how much your body will change. We don't always see the changes because we see our bodies every day. People are constantly telling me I look like I have lost 10-20 pounds, but nope! Only 3 pounds! The scale can be deceiving!! Good luck to you :wink:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I see you quit smoking recently too. Congratulations on doing that, but don't overlook the effects that has on your body! It might take a little longer during the quitting smoking process to start dropping weight consistently (and if you've lost 4 lbs WHILE quitting, you're already ahead of a lot of other people!).

Just hang in there for a while, if you keep doing the right things...it WILL work in time.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

You dont know what you are doing.

I can help.

Post or PM:

Weight
    Body fat%
    How often you work out and what types.

I'll advise you on what to do in order to lose weight.

Listen to him and dont give up. like everyone else said 4 lbs is 1lb a week thats perfect (keep it off) weight loss and people with more to lose generally take it off faster IN THE BEGINNING, then it slows down.

This guy can help though, trust me, broke my plateau listening to his advice :)
  • joejen51
    joejen51 Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't give up. Losing a pound a week doesn't seem like much but studies show that people who lose a pond to a 1 1/2 lbs a week tend to keep the weight off, whereas those who lose alot fast gain it right back.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your doing just fine. I'm 67 years old and I know what being overweight has brought me. I suffer from it a lot of pain! I'm happy to lose 5 pounds a month. Slow is better for your health too.
  • mediastar
    mediastar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was just short of 4 pounds in my first month. I have since lost 20 in 4 months. I am happy with that and I have found that my body tends to go at its own rate, even taking a week from exercise now and again and treating myself to naughty food :) Good luck and make it a lifestyle choice to change rather than a rapid weight loss exercise.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Quitter
    Exactly........so tired of people wanting a quick fix.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Then quit, gain the 4lbs back on purpose. Or just keep going and in another 3 months you'll be at your goal. Not sure what the problem is, but do what you want
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    liposuction
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for everyone's support.

For those of you that have negative things to say.....I appreciate that too, because it shows that you use all of your anger and negativity to push your way through this, and that is admirable.

Quitting smoking 21 days ago (I guess that does make me a quitter)
    combined with the loss of a pregnancy and trying to get into shape....I'd like to see a show of hands for those of you that conquered all of that in FIVE WEEKS.

I did filter through all of the replies, and I got off my complaining *kitten* and did 250 jumping jacks, followed by Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

So, thank you all again for your positive support. There is proof that complete strangers CAN help each other.

Have a fabulous DAY!!!
  • kmb7923
    kmb7923 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 52 years old. I went to the gym 5 days a week, worked out with a trainer three days a week, was carefull with what I ate and did not LOSE ANY WEIGHT. Went to the doctors to see if there was a medical reason I wasn't losing weight, and there wasn't. I gave up. I gained 15 pounds in the year since I quit. Now, I am starting over and instead of tryng to lose 40 pounds, I have to lose 55 pounds. Don't give up!!! Slow and steady wins the race. PS, I also gained TWO dress sizes.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    deleted by original poster...