(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• melbrown22
    melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed today!!! I am sitting here thinking that my body might never be able to reach my goal of 135 (started at 184), but looking at these pics and reading these posts...I know I can do it now!!! Thanks ladies!!!
  • tb_lawkid13
    tb_lawkid13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm a 14-16, 228, and 5'7. It's really amazing how different body shapes losing varying amounts of weight can change. I noticed one poster my height looks great at 142, but I haven't weighed that little since middle school! I want to get to 175, which is what some people are starting at! Crazy...
  • NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My Starting size is 10/12 I'm 5'5" 163 pounds would like to be at least 145 (140 would be great) size 6-8 I would LOVE!!! I am currently doing Weight Watcher Smart ones for lunch and protein shake for breakfast. My hubby cooks dinner so I try to eat small portions of what he makes and watch my snacks thru out the day. I am doing Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30 Starting today! Yesterday I did 30DS but I am switching to Ripped in 30. Ive done it in the past. Definitely eat CLEAN and watch your portions!!! LETS DO THIS!!!

14226012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lauralou852
    Options
    You look amazing !! what kind of weight loss program were you on ?? what kind of exercise do you do ?

Not sure if this was to me? If so, I did 1200 calories/day and ate back about half of my exercise calories. No real program, but I tried to stay away from sodium and completely cut out fast food and pop. I still allow myself dessert when I want it and have calories for it (usually frozen yogurt, skinny cow, or weight watchers ice cream) and still eat out with my husband on our date nights - I just make sure I got in a great workout so I have the extra calories. I mentioned in my post that I like to switch up my exercise, so I run, do the elliptical, do workout videos (30 Day Shred, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, etc.), Zumba 2-3 times a week, and play tennis with my husband. I didn't follow an exercise program because I get bored too quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to promote another site...but this website was SO HELPFUL for me with regard to body image.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Put in your search info and you can view pictures of real women at different sizes. Height / weight / pant size / shirt size / etc its all there.

I have major body issues and found this site to really put my mind in check. =)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration! Thanks for reminding me that I CAN do this with time and dedication!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started as a tight size 12 weighing 190 lbs. Over the last 7.5 months, I've lost 45 lbs and am now a comfortable size 6. Basically I tracked EVERYTHING I ate, learned to eat cleaner, cut out pop and fast food, and now enjoy my favorite foods (which happen to be not so great for you) in moderation instead of multiple times a week. I also work out 6-7 days/week either on the elliptical, doing workout videos (I love 30 Day Shred & am a Beachbody coach), doing Zumba, playing tennis, and running. I love to switch things up so I don't get bored! I honestly never thought eating right and exercising would become a lifestyle for me, but it definitely has - I love it!

My Before:

28a7ozt.jpg

My Afters:

28h0k74.jpg

37qtx.jpg

15nlxt3.jpg

Wow! We are the same height with the same starting weight. I'm not quite where you are yet (I'm a size 8 at the moment) but your body shape is super similar to mine. Can't wait to get to size six, you look amazing!
  • thelolapaulina
    Options
    Im doing okey with the exercise , I really dont know what to eat! ive lost 6 pounds but its been hard!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks so great!

Here is mine I was about a 12/14 and was an 8 here:

Halloween_2009-2011.jpg

Mostly calorie counting but started doing Jillian Michaels dvds.
  • lolamwest
    lolamwest Posts: 40
    Options
    You guys are all so amazing! Thank you for posting the motivation :)
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You look amazing !! what kind of weight loss program were you on ?? what kind of exercise do you do ?

Not sure if this was to me? If so, I did 1200 calories/day and ate back about half of my exercise calories. No real program, but I tried to stay away from sodium and completely cut out fast food and pop. I still allow myself dessert when I want it and have calories for it (usually frozen yogurt, skinny cow, or weight watchers ice cream) and still eat out with my husband on our date nights - I just make sure I got in a great workout so I have the extra calories. I mentioned in my post that I like to switch up my exercise, so I run, do the elliptical, do workout videos (30 Day Shred, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, etc.), Zumba 2-3 times a week, and play tennis with my husband. I didn't follow an exercise program because I get bored too quickly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, you look amazing. What you're doing sounds similar to me

As I'm eating 1200, trying to eat back my exercise calories .
    I am doing Body Revolution (1/2 way thru) and I usually do another form of exercise (basically cardio) 5-7 times a week.
    On weekends, I allow myself to loosen up and I go out to a restaurant and get that pasta and glass of wine if I want it, maybe some frozen yogurt afterwards. I make sure I had a good cardio session before. And though I'm still in my allowed calories. It is hard to know the true calories when you go out to eat.

So I had a question for you, you mention you go out to eat w/ your husband, after a good workout and you have the calories.. -- did you do this on a weekly basis? Or was it less often?

My weight is trickling off (about 2-3 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks) and not sure if I'm greatly underestimating these meals/doing it too often. I'm seeing inches coming off thru the torso though, so I'm keeping positive & motivated :-)

Oh, and I also started in a tight 12.

Thanks
  • bellefr
    bellefr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, everyone! These before and afters are SO inspirational! I'm so glad I found this site :)
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. And thanks to you ladies for sharing your wonderful progress! Bumping this so I can keep up with it.

And hopefully come back with my own photos :D
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Bump,
    I'm a 14 looking to be a 6/8. Thanks for posting!
  • TphTeh
    TphTeh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome smile on every pic! Great job
  • maylene1853
    Options
    on my profile i go from size 18/20 to size 8 womens or 7/9 juniors!

25640921_9366.jpg
    25640921_6981.jpg
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    even still for only losing 3 lbs in first round those before after pics look awesome you can really tell you toned a bunch
  • roodieroo
    roodieroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump to respond tonight!
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    amazing :)
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!