What to do with egg YOLKS?

Options
1235»

Replies

• bobbyswildcat
    Options
    I know not everyone has a dog, but my pup loves them. You can even save a few covered in a small microwavable bowl, then just pop them in the microwave and "scramble" that way. It's a great treat to mix with my dogs food. That's the only suggestion I can think of.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    eat them. Why all the egg yolk hate?
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Um .... EAT them?? Not as if they are bad for you. Matter of fact they are scrumptious!!!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas!

And for all those of you telling me to eat them... well, considering I'm asking for recipes, clearly I'm planning to eat them in some form! What form that will take, however, remains up in the air.

(Although hair conditioner is a spectacular idea, thanks for whoever said that!)
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eat them? I've never understood the concept of not eating the yolks?
  • saw1969
    saw1969 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat them!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I just eat the whole egg. I went through a period where I'd eat egg beaters but I don't like them really...so I just deal with the cholesterol overage and move on about my business. I only eat eggs maybe once a week if that though.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I avoid eating eggs (whites and yolks) altogether because of factory farming practices and because the balance of scientific evidence indicates that they are not a healthful food to eat. (If you would like to learn more about it, you can read/watch it here: http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/eggs/ ). However, I also really hate to waste anything, especially food. I did a quick search on the internet and found that a good non-edible solution might be to make your own cosmetics (like a face mask). Just do a search for "Egg Yolk Face Mask Recipes" and you'll be able to find many recipes. Maybe you can make extra masks for your friends.

Ah, yes, the best place to get nutritional info is from one Doctor, scouring studies for things that fit in line with his rich Canadian grant funders' pro-vegan views.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Those saying, "give it to the dog", do you give raw?

Yes you can give them raw. We have for years. It makes their coat shiny and gives it moisture in the winter time.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would eat them. I like to hardboil them and sprinkle a little hot sauce on them for flavor.
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    eat them
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Put 'em in the compost..win-win
  • uzit_13
    uzit_13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Those saying, "give it to the dog", do you give raw?

Yes you can give them raw. We have for years. It makes their coat shiny and gives it moisture in the winter time.

A friend of mine gives it to her cat for the same reason.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I eat them, but from other people that don't eat them I heard they give them to their pooches.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I give mine to my dogs. I usually eat 1 or 2 per week, maybe more, but it is now a part of my dogs' breakfast most mornings..
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My dog is soooo happy I'm not eating the yolks any more. I use them to trick her into taking her pills.