Expressions you hate..

Options

Replies

• strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Preggo....short for pregnant. It seems so trashy and backwards.

^This!

I always feel like pulling out the spaghetti sauce and saying "NO! THIS is Prego!!"
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    don't tell anybody but.....

between you and me....

these are always a setup for the next one which is inevitably:

nobody else knows.....

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Don't tell anybody usually means "I already told everybody but shhhh, it's a secret."
    and here's on
    God only knows.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal.....really everyone is using it. I just want to ask them do you really know the meaning or can you spell it?

iz that how u spell it?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This may have already been said but I hate it when you ask someone a question and they start their reply with "Honestly?"

Makes me want to say "No, please lie to me". Ugh
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options

"Twelve, one half-dozen or the other"

Well that is classic ignorance; getting the cliche wrong! "Six of one, half dozen of the other".

details. details.
  • treebyriver
    treebyriver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am really tired of President Obama's "Let me be clear."

I also don't like the "Really!" said by a teen in a shocked angry voice about doing any classwork or being held accountable.

I don't like "YOLO" (you only live once) or "FML" (I had to ask what that meant.)

and "swag"
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    It pisses me off when people say, "I'm just being realistic..."
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yolo! It really is just carpe diem for the stupid.

and swag. Swag is a decorative window valance, not your "style".
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "It's always in the last place you look". Oh really? you don't say. Of course its the last place you look. Why the hell would I look some more if I found the item already? doesn't make any sense to me.
  • matmismel
    matmismel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    "I seen it". Makes my hand twitch and want to smack someone.

Me too! I teach English and I must point that out to a student at least once a day. The other one is "mines" as in "that's mines". I try to explain that the only time mine has an 's' is of it blows up or if it contains some sort of gem or precious metal.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    My sister says "like" six times in a sentence and it drives my whole family nuts. And she's an adult!

Expressions don't really bother me. It's people who use big words incorrectly to sound smart. And then get upset when I either look at them funny or correct them. It reminds me of that scene in the Princess Bride "You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means...."
  • dougt333
    Options
    Polite gestures bug me.

"Excuse me"...Why, if burping upsets people then screw them. Burp freely I say.
    or worse
    "Excuse You"...I don't need you to excuse me. Who the hell do you think you are.

"God bless you" or "Gazoontite"
    Here's a better sneeze response.
    "How dare you sneeze in my presence. My you and your family suffer the death of a thousand horny monkeys."
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    Here's a better sneeze response.
    "How dare you sneeze in my presence. My you and your family suffer the death of a thousand horny monkeys."

I should try that. Just to see the look on other people's faces. XD
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "No offense, but..."

Invariably followed by something offensive.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Anything with "retarded" in it. I find it horribly disrespectful.

^^^This^^^

When did the word retarded become such a household phrase??? I hear adults use it all the time. Didn't anyone ever teach them that it's wrong???
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If I hear "It is what it is" one more time I will burst...I was at the store today and someone next to me said it....I think I bit my knuckles!!! My apologies to frequent users of this expression...but...I - just - can't - stand it..

what do you got?

I hate that phrase so much! Another one I hate is "And with that being said..."

Gosh, I just want to punch something when I hear both of those!

The other one I despise is "you know what I'm saying?" No, I don't. I wouldn't be listening to you otherwise. O.O

And "let's just agree to disagree" bugs me. I teach, and when I'm trying to get my students to see another perspective on an issue, that's the standard response. -_-
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    "you go, guuurrrl"! UGHHHH! I'm black yes but damn, SAY SOMETHING ELSE! lol
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    "JUST SAYIN"
  • dougt333
    Options
    Anything with "retarded" in it. I find it horribly disrespectful.

^^^This^^^

When did the word retarded become such a household phrase??? I hear adults use it all the time. Didn't anyone ever teach them that it's wrong???

I used it in this thread. You got me .