What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

For breakfast I had -
    2/3 cup plain greek yogurt + 1 packet splenda + 1/3 cup canned pumpkin + 1/2 scoop vanilla protein + cinnamon

186 Calories
    1g Fat
    15g carbs
    5g Fiber
    26g Protein
    98mg Sodium

Never heard of using canned pumpkin. Bet that would be amazing! Did you make lit like a smoothie?

This does sound yummy!!! :) I'm going to try one! ( not right now of course. ) haha
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1 large egg, 2 egg whites mixed with one of those scrambler things you can get from the frozen section. Two slices of bread, and an assload of coffee.

Looked it all up and it came to just over 400 calories... but to be honest it seems like it should have been more. Just went by the info provided on this site though.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Depends.....this morning I had a strawberry banana smart smoothie, slice of 45 calorie whole wheat toast with a poached egg and a slice of black forest ham. Other days I may have an english muffin with a slice of cheese and a poached egg and a slice of turkey bacon. This week I've been eating a pack of sugar free instant oatmeal with 4 slices of center cut bacon (70 cal for 4 slices).

I almost always have a greek yogurt, some fruit or 2% cottage cheese for snacks. Lunches usuallay consist of a frozen meal or some sort. Then I try for a fairly balanced dinner. Protein, veggie and carb
  • LMiller81
    LMiller81 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich (I love sandwiches in the AM... they fill me up and keep me going!)
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This morning I had

2T PB
    1t grape jelly
    1 sliced strawberry
    1 sliced banana
    Wrapped in a Flatout bread
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a Thomas bagel Thin (110 calories) with laughing cow garlic and herb cheese wedge (35 cal) and 3 slices of Oscar Mayer Oven Fresh Ham (23 calories). Then I had 2 Jimmy Deans turkey sausage links on the side (78 calories). I'm working on upping my protein. So I had a total of 246 calories for breakfast.

I also had a greek yogurt after my run, but I don't count that in my breakfast. That's my "6:30 I ran for 30 minutes and this is my reward for not dying" treat.

I love the "reward for not dying" treat! Oh, how I feel that way sometimes after working out. Happy to still be breathing!! :) Great Job by the way!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 boiled eggs and a Monster Rehab. Yum. I try to stay around 200 calories and I dont eat until I get to work (9ish).
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I made a smoothie of Trop 50 Pineapple Mango, frozen strawberries and frozen peaches. Then I had a strawberry Greek yogurt.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bear Naked granola cereal with almond milk or a homemade fruit/protien smoothie. :)
  • SammySays
    SammySays Posts: 19
    Options
    YoCrunch Greek Parfait.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i had a pb & j with a cup o coffee
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

ONE egg for breakfast? Then strawberries and cottage cheese for lunch? I sure hope you are saving up your calories for a ginormous dinner!

To answer your question I am going to have my bowl of oats with pb in just few minutes, but I often eat veggies sausage patties, a slice of whole grain toast, and one egg with 2 whites scrambled.
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had Special K's honey and oats multi-grain cereal with unsweetened Almond milk. Around 130 calories and so very tasty! =)
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more... I had (am having right now actually) 1 whole egg. 3 egg whites and 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

If I don't get my good dosage of protein at every meal, I'll be hungry soon after eating.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Have the same thing almost every day of the work week:
    2 eggs scrambled
    2 pieces of bacon
    14 oz coffee with creamer
  • Plain fatfree greek yogurt (1/2 cup), 1 cup Kashi Honey Almond Crunch, and 1/2 tbsp honey -
    <300 calories with 21 grams protein. Very tasty and filling!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had a protein shake w/ginger and cinnamon in it. Yum
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled (no milk, no oil on the pan) with some dried basil leaves mixed in.

Ketchup on the eggs, eggs on top of a piece of cheese, piece of cheese on top of a piece of toast.

Also a banana, two cups of coffee (with creamer and sugar) and my vitamins.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

If that's all I ate for breakfast AND lunch, I would be STARVING, literally. By dinner, I would have the shakes. My suggestion would be to eat more...
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm not much for solid food before 11am, so I had a shake. One that I designed myself at youbars.com. That with skim milk gets me through my early morning and my workout. Then I go for a snack at 10.