What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of green tea, with porridge - oats, apple and strawberry yummy!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Atkins bar...

I a hurry this morning, and I need FIBER
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A bagel thin
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Today I had spaghetti I made for dinner last night with cottage cheese.. taste like lasagna!

If you’re wondering why I ate that for breakfast: 1- I like to eat the carbs early so I can burn them throughout the day. 2- It was 11pm when I made it last night & it was way too late to eat.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love apples and peanut butter or bananas and peanut butter fro breakfest.

I also love omlets with green pepper and oioins with a little salsa on top.

Protein is key for keeping me full.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i mix what i would put into an egg omelette in a bowl and then pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 min. yields 12 servings (1 "egglett" per serving)

I usually do this on sunday it lasts the week =)

each one had 59 calories, 2g of fat, 2g of carbs and 11g of protein. I use 1c of egg white beaters and 2 whole eggs.

easy, adaptable, and super filling!
    I load mine with spinach, diced tomato, chopped mushroom, and sliced turkey.
  • sandij80
    sandij80 Posts: 8
    Options
    Most mornings:

1C Cheerios
    1/2 C skim milk
    1 handful pistachios
    1 apple

About 270 calories, and gets in a bit of whole grain, dairy, protein, heathy fat, and fruit.
  • ewhirly02
    ewhirly02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an egg white omlet with a little cheese and some low sodium turkey bacon! Today I switched it up though and had a bagel thin with 1 tbsp on natural low sodium peanut butter and a banana.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Today, I had one hard boiled egg (post workout) and then I had 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal with a 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup. Delicious and filling.

My diary is open, but I usually like fruit, greek yogurt, spinach/veggie omelets, etc. for breakfast.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    This morning I had Oatmeal with water in a bowl microwaved then added half a mango, 1 banana, and some sliced strawberries all mix together... sooo good.
    Forgot to add and a glass of milk.
  • toxicelektra
    Options
    1 Eggo Nutrigrain low fat waffle and a scrambled egg
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day".....Except that I almost never eat it! I've JUST started eating breakfast in the morning and so far it's consisted of Special K cereal one morning, fruit on another morning and now yogurt and a banana. Once I get to the grocery store though, I'm going to start trying to make more of the "Hungry Girl, 300 under 300" meals. The book has SOOOO many breakfast suggestions, and a lot of them use egg =)
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    I had a half cup of fat free cottage cheese with a cup of sliced peaches, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, a cup of coffee, with 2 tsps of fat free creamer (post morning run).
    I'll usually alternate the cottage cheese with non fat greek yogurt, and then I'll put strawberries, blueberries, and slice up a banana in there.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I ate a packet of maple and brown sugar oatmeal, apple slices, and water.

I also like peanut butter bread with a banana, too.
  • kitkat1781
    kitkat1781 Posts: 72
    Options
    I was never a breakfast person. I read all the posts about people saying they started losing again after starting to eat breakfast and all the info about jump-starting your metabolism..blah, blah, blah. I still never did it. Then, I totally hit a plateau and was so frustrated! I started doing the South Beach Diet, and it has you eat three meals and two snacks. It totally worked!! I never ever ever feel hungry and I'm losing again! For breakfast every morning I have a can of V8 vegetable juice (I like the spicy kind) and some sort of "omlette" type thing. I usually make a big pan of eggs with fresh veggies and low fat cheese and then cut them into squares to eat for teh week. Today's had egg beaters, reduced fat feta cheese, and leftover roasted onion, squash, and zucchini....delish! Whatever you eat, I highly recommend trying breakfast.
  • starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    100g fresh coconut & 200g raspberries.
    And espresso :)
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    7597418654_93f4ba2b9f.jpg
    IMG_3149 by dandaninc, on Flickr
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Betteroats Lavish dark chocolate oatmeal with a tablespoon of PB! 255 calories and I'm still full :)
  • WeatherGirl88
    WeatherGirl88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    About a cup of broccoli (it was frozen, so I boiled it) and a peach! It was tasty.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same sort of breakfasts. Eihter a protein shake (often m ade my self) or Steel Cut Oats with Flax & Chia and a glass of juice.

USUALLY the fruit/protein shake. I do better through out the day when I just have fruit and protein in the morning (no wheats, but ocassional oats seem to be OK)

I have always eaten breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, snacks. I am hypoglycemic (low blood sugar)- so I need somthing in my stomach every 3-4 hours. I have always been thin, or at least the thin side of normal. Lately by blood sugar has been demanding more and being 40, my metabolism wasn't in sync with this higher demands, so I put on about 10 pounds, So I am here. to get those off.