What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a serving of oatmeal, with 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal, 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 c blueberries with a cup of skim milk. Other mornings when I am hitting the gym before work I have a protein shake made with skim milk & frozen strawberries. Sometimes I switch it up with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.
  • SorchaEilis
    SorchaEilis Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating when I first wake up, so I eat breakfast at work. Breakfast has to be something convenient and portable, so I've come up with a few easy, healthy items. My usual breakfast options include:

4 oz container of greek yogurt (any flavor, caramel is my favorite!) with 1/4 cup of grapenuts
    Smoothie made with 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt and whatever frozen or fresh fruit I have on hand

Today I tried something new, a microwave omlet made with:

3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg whites
    2 tbsp skim milk
    2 tbsp shredded 2% cheddar
    1/2 cup bell pepper strips

I put everything except the cheese in a microwaveable container, tossed it in the fridge when I got to work, and then heated it for a few minutes on full power until it was cooked. I stirred in the cheese and added some salt and pepper (fortunately found some kicking around the office). It was awesome!

All of my options for breakfast usually total up to around 280-350 calories if you include my morning coffee with a little creamer, 220-290 if not.

Edit: If I'm really hungry, I usually add a piece of fresh fruit too; today I had a peach.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    3 Fit & Active Waffles (Aldi) with Coco Real Cream of Coconut syrup.
  • Westerngal88
    Options
    Oatmeal everyday....I slip up on the weekends and usually do the eggs, bacon, toast deal!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    i mix what i would put into an egg omelette in a bowl and then pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 min. yields 12 servings (1 "egglett" per serving)

I usually do this on sunday it lasts the week =)

each one had 59 calories, 2g of fat, 2g of carbs and 11g of protein. I use 1c of egg white beaters and 2 whole eggs.

easy, adaptable, and super filling!
    I load mine with spinach, diced tomato, chopped mushroom, and sliced turkey.

Ooooh. I love this.... I'm going to steal it from you. :)
  • cindylee276
    cindylee276 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't even know there was chocolate cream of wheat, hope I can find it. Ive got to try that one.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I usually either have a protein shake or make myself a breakfast sandwich with an english muffin, egg beaters, and turkey sausage :) This morning I had an english muffin, turkey sausage and peice of cheese. Delish!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    1 serving of baked oatmeal and a protein shake
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Today I had a whole wheat english muffin with pb & j.
    Usually I have a piece of cinnamon raisin toast and yogurt....
    Or a home made egg mcmuffin sans cheese...lol
  • emilyds
    emilyds Posts: 88
    Options
    Not a very good breakfast this morning... 2 Chessmen Butter Cookies and some black tea.

But now it's almost time for my mid-morning veggie snack!
  • EllaKnows
    EllaKnows Posts: 19
    Options
    Sometimes oatmeal. A banana, and dried figs. I've been eating Quinoa lately too. Good for weight loss + IBS
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Quest chocolate protein bar is what I had today. Usually it's a protein shake or a protein bar. On weekends I will make eggs.
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    costa coffee :)
    banana whey protein
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I took some walmart brand pancake mix and added a scoop of protein powder. Then I melted a tbls of peanut butter and drizzled it over the top!!

It was filling and delicious!
  • Siggy86
    Siggy86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter mixed in! Yum!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Today I had a builder protein bar but usually I like oatmeal with fruit.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    2 packets of instant oats

260 cals
    54 carbs
    4 fat
    6 protein

ditto!!

more carbs than I will have all day....just sayin

But a heck of a lot less artery clogging bacon fat. ... just saying
  • mfoutch86
    mfoutch86 Posts: 87
    Options
    This was more interesting than I thought it would be. I am suprised to see that people eat instant oatmeal. I guess I just always assumed that was a kid food. I don't really eat breakfast much these days. I'm just not hungry, and my caffine habit is out of control. I need coffee within 20 mins of being up or I feel like I have the flu. In the past I would eat a slice of Killer Dave's 21 grain bread and a veggie sausage (i didnt see those have a ton of sodium!) or greek yogurt with wheat germ.
  • NaomiDollar
    NaomiDollar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    coffee with truvia and 2% milk
    activia yogurt
    oatmeal
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    So for many years I have only ate a snakc (on some days) and dinner. I always would get my nutrients needed with my dinner though. I am currently at a slowing plateau. I have read a few times that jumpstarting your metabolism is best if you eat something healthy in the morning. So I am trying just that.

Ate an egg for breakfast this morning. Going for 5 strawberries and 1/2c. fat free cottage cheese for lunch.

Any input on this subject? Or what do YOU eat for breakfast?

If that's all I ate for breakfast AND lunch, I would be STARVING, literally. By dinner, I would have the shakes. My suggestion would be to eat more...

This......

Not nearly enough food. I've always heard "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar."