What did YOU eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Vickiesings
    Options
    I had half a 6" turkey sub (3") from Subway (last night's dinner). The sub had all veggies except onions and vinegar as the only condiment. I also had two fresh Georgia peaches.
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had Life cereal with almond milk. It was delicious, but I'm out of it.
  • rmorrison01
    rmorrison01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had 2 egg omlet with one slice of canadian bacon cut up in it then i had an orange. it was yummy and filling. :)
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have three favorite breakfasts:

1) Vanilla Greek Yogurt with sliced banana, walnuts, honey and cinnamon!

2) Steel cut oats with sliced banana, blueberries, walnuts, almond milk and cinnamon!

3) Three eggs with sauteed onions, mushroom, zuchini, green peppers and spinach topped with salsa and sour cream with a slice of toast and fresh fruit!

YUM!! :)

This sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try these options soon!
  • JEN0206
    JEN0206 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As i'm allergic to Gluten & Dairy I don't have a lot of choice for my breakfast but I've found that a large fruit salad made of - 1 x Grapefruit , 1 x Kiwi , 1 x Statsuma & 20 grapes does the job and keeps me going untill lunch.

At weekend I always treat myself to a big english breakfast - Bacon, sausage, egg, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes.
  • tnbaker81
    tnbaker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day. Most days it is hot cereal (oatmeal or grits), but I also do eggbeaters and turkey bacon or sausage. I also make smoothies. I use 1 C almond milk, 2 c fruit (fresh or frozen) and 1 c spinach.
  • sah2bfit
    sah2bfit Posts: 6
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup cantaloupe
    1 cup blueberries - just picked - I love summer fruits and veggies!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This morning was 1/4 cup of Kroger Nutty Nuggets (Grape Nuts), mixed with 56 grams of fresh strawberries, and a container of Kroger Carbmaster Strawberry Yogurt. Only 188 calories, but full of protein and very yummy.

I try to switch it up, scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, fruit, smoothies....just depends on my mood.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Since I have been trying to eat healthier, typical breakfast has been:

1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp (cinnamon crumble)
    1//4 cup fresh blueberries
    1 med. peach diced
    1/2 cup Silk unsweetened soy milk

or

Chobani no fat yogurt--6 oz
    1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
    1/4 cup blue berries
    small sliced banana or peach

And, in ths summer, a diet coke!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Container of lowfat yogurt with 1 tbsp. flaxseed meal and some high protein & fiber cereal, and a plum. 2 hours later I had a protein bar to hold me over until lunch.
  • natasha224
    natasha224 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 cup of plain yogurt
    1 cup of sliced strawberries
    1 cup of blueberries
    mixed with 4 splenda packets
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i mix what i would put into an egg omelette in a bowl and then pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 min. yields 12 servings (1 "egglett" per serving)

I usually do this on sunday it lasts the week =)

each one had 59 calories, 2g of fat, 2g of carbs and 11g of protein. I use 1c of egg white beaters and 2 whole eggs.

easy, adaptable, and super filling!
    I load mine with spinach, diced tomato, chopped mushroom, and sliced turkey.

Ooooh. I love this.... I'm going to steal it from you. :)

I've done this one too with egg, spinache, ham, shredded mozarella cheese and a couple dashes of hot sauce! You can rotate it a million ways with different veggies, meats or cheeses and is convenient and pre-portioned. Yum

My normal breakfast is anything with eggs because I have 40 something chickens and free eggs. Usually omelet with 3 eggs and alternating vegetables, sometimes with 1/2 100 calorie sandwich thin and a fruit.

Today was 3 egg whites with sauteed mushrooms and turkey sausage and a 1/2 cup of feta cheese. Didn't have the bread or fruit, so I just had 1/2 cup cottage cheese with blueberries as a snack.

Thanks for the post. Loved the yogurt, pumpkin, cinnamon, protein mix breakfast or smoothie idea and lots of other great ideas.
  • Katesalbrecht
    Options
    I had a fat free yoplait yogert (strawberry) and 1/2 banana. Usually does the trick because I'm just not a breakfast eater. And if I get hungry before lunch I'll eat half a cup or less of frosted Cheerios. (I love my sugar). And you can just snack on the other half whenever you need a pick me up. I believe it's only 110 calories for a cup.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    an egg, piece of toast, a turkey sausage, and some fruit.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had a two egg omelette with 2 sausage links and a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, a peach, and a 6 oz glass of 1% milk. I only eat breakfast like this on my days off. The other 4 days a week I have to leave the house by 6:15 in the morning and usually grab a piece of fruit or something quick. I love my big breakfasts!!! Lunch is looking like some roasted chicken, cottage cheese, cucumber, and red pepper.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Two eggs over easy on a slice of honey wheat toast and strawberries! Big glass of chocolate almond milk to drink.

Yum. :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Most days I have egg whites with bell peppers and cheese. Some days I also have fruit. If I drink coffee it's either with fat free half&half and stevia, or I drink it iced with almond milk. Today I had cereal and was starving within two hours. No more of that!
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Green monster smoothie. Milk, spinach, chia, frozen berries and banana. Good stuff!
  • danthomson56
    Options
    Poached Egg, Bountiful Basket Wheat Toast.
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
    2 Laughing Cow cheese wedges
    1 green apple
    1 cup cherries
    1 Astro Zero yougurt

Plus coffee, of course! I vary that with a hard-boiled egg instead of the cottage cheese sometimes but usually the same thing every day at work. I start brekkie at 8 and eat through until about 11.
    I find if I miss breakfast, I'm VERY hungry and munchy all day long so I don't skip it... :o)