Join US! FAB FOURS (4 week challenge group) NEW!

Options

Replies

• Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ughh!!! I love/hate Belgian chocolates! My cousin came over b/c she's been feeling down and...she brought Belgian chocolates.:grumble: Soooo....now my tummy hurts and I feel bad for killing my great eating today. :sad: On the other hand...I did an intense 90 minute workout which was great. And I'm going dancing with my hubby tonight!:blushing: So I am going to burn off more calories than usual.
  • niky1215
    Options
    Jitterspork, thanks for the input. I will try to get all the water in! I have been completely slacking on drinking water.

http://hundredpushups.com/

Here is the link to the challenge. I am going to do the intial test tonight and then get started. My eventua goal is to be able to do 5 pulll ups. I think this will help me get started on the right path.
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I have been working alot and dont have internet access outside of the house....thats gonna change one day or another. I am doing very good weight wise, few struggles here and there but nothing to awful bad. I have to tell ya'll what happened at work today...

Ya'll know I am a waitress at cracker barrel in Tennesee, well my guests had there tip laying on the table which was a 5 dollar bill which is good at breakfast time for 2 people. The guy said to me, every year we do this he handed me something in my hand and said Merry Christmas. I put it in my pocket and walked to the back to see what it was...it was 100 dollar bill. HE said every year they chose someone who they think needs it...needless to say I cried when I got to the back!!! I am was so excited made my day the rest of the day,,,,that is the true holiday spirit!!!

Just wanted to share fixin to eat dinner and head to the gym, hope everyone has a great week, I work long day this weekend so I will be mia again.
    Your story gave me goose bumps, and brought a joyful tear to my eye. How wonderful for you! Thanks for sharing.
    00020469.gif

I just finished all of my water. Not sure what the water bill will look like this month......I'm flushing the toilet like crazy!

I have the in-laws' Christmas party tonight.....at a steak house (home of the 72-ounce steak challenge)! I guess we get to pick from 3 menu items. That will be interesting as far as my calories are concerned.!?!?!?!?!
  • sas202554
    sas202554 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tamara I am from Tennessee too!! What part? Hey all I would like to join this challenge too!!
    Thanks,
    Sherry
  • mrsrobinson
    Options
    I'm a day late and 32 oz. of water short! LOL

OK tonight I am going to do the salsa dancing and finish the other 32 oz. of water. :drinker:

Tamara, I think that is wonderful that your customers gave you the unexpected Christmas gift! I am so happy for you! :flowerforyou:

So, what's the challenge for Saturday? I suggest that Saturday we try something old that we used to do for exercise but we sort of put away out of our memories. Dust off that old VIDEO or that bike that is holding our clothes. LOL Just a suggestion - we don't have to do it Saturday, or any day, but sometimes it's fun to revisit an old routine. :tongue:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Tamara I am from Tennessee too!! What part? Hey all I would like to join this challenge too!!
    Thanks,
    Sherry
    Sherry, Welcome! :flowerforyou: We're glad you found us! It's never too late to join our group. Just jump right in, post your current weight, and the weight you'd like to be on January 5th, 2010. Then, just stay in touch daily. We have a daily challenge that we take turns posting. Read back on previous posts for the current challenge. This is an awesome group of very motivated gals. We hope we can help you, as much as YOU can help us! Again, welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunsama
    Sunsama Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I have been working alot and dont have internet access outside of the house....thats gonna change one day or another. I am doing very good weight wise, few struggles here and there but nothing to awful bad. I have to tell ya'll what happened at work today...

Ya'll know I am a waitress at cracker barrel in Tennesee, well my guests had there tip laying on the table which was a 5 dollar bill which is good at breakfast time for 2 people. The guy said to me, every year we do this he handed me something in my hand and said Merry Christmas. I put it in my pocket and walked to the back to see what it was...it was 100 dollar bill. HE said every year they chose someone who they think needs it...needless to say I cried when I got to the back!!! I am was so excited made my day the rest of the day,,,,that is the true holiday spirit!!!

Just wanted to share fixin to eat dinner and head to the gym, hope everyone has a great week, I work long day this weekend so I will be mia again.

wow, that gave me goose bumps too! its so nice to hear about the good in people these days, I was beginning to lose faith in humanity as a whole =P Yay for humanity!!

I did really well today on the challenge! So far Ive had 56oz of water, and plan on finishin it off as I cook dinner. And I didnt slip up in the calories today! Go me!

For those interested in the push up challenge, there is also a sit up challenge. Here is the link:

http://www.twohundredsitups.com
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    I too am from Tennessee...Knoxville!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am about to go to bed and I wanted to know if Saturday has a challenge? I got up at 3:30 a.m to travel to our closest city to do our Christmas gift shopping! After being sick this week , getting up so early and dealing with crouds all day I feel exhausted!!!! NO I did NOT get in 64 oz. of water today, I do most days but I did not today!! My calorie choices were not real good either, But I was not really caring when my husband and I get away together so rarely!! Have a SUPER weekend girls!! (I think we're all female!)
    Verda
  • rose_parker9784
    Options
    I am a single mom of a 2 year old and want to lose the weight before my son realizes that I am over weight. I love all of the support that we receive here and since I have joined MFP I have exercised more than I think I have in my whole life!

SW294
    gw287

That is funny that you say you wanna lose before your son realizes your overweight. My 4 year just told me about a month ago that my belly was big. I was in a sports bra around the house, cleaning and whatever, I bent down to pick up a laudry basket and he said that. I was alittle sad cause my belly is big from my kids, Im 5'9 and before them I was a mere 121 and couldnt gain an ounce. Then I got pregnant and it was all over with. I have lost some weight since my last son was born so now I have more a stretched skin problem there, dont get me wrong, there is still some fat I can lose there, but it was the saggy skin that he was talking about when I bent over. My goal after all this is to get a tummy tuck. I've wanted one for a few years now I just refuse to pay the money if I dont make the first effort to get rid of the excess fat first. I know they have lipo, but I want to feel like I made the first step towards a thinner me. Good luck to you with your weight loss! We are all behind you for support.
    Kate Gosselin's in a bikini after her tummy tuck!

And I want to get back into a bikini! I cant wait, I feel bad for my husband, when he met me I was only 99 lbs and was embarassed so I lied and said I was 103 to get past the 3 digits. Then by time we got married, I was up to 121. I dont think he would love me anymore if I was skinny again, I just feel bad cause he hates that I let myself go as far as I am now. He has also put on some weight and we together are in a race to see who can lose 40 lbs faster. He's into more sports so Im sure he'd win, I just think Im more motivated right now to actually get down to business. lol

I read this and its like my life's story!!! :tongue: I have always planned on getting a tummy tuck to. I wanted to after my son but my mom talked me out of it. She said " Now your going to meet a nice boy and he is probably going to want a kid of his own." See up here in Spokane non of the doctors will do them unless you have had your tubes tied. I am only 24 and I would love to have ONE more! So I figured If I can get the weight down myself and keep it down for a while that it will help me have another healthy pregnancy when the time comes. Also Lipo is a quick lose but you can still gain it back, expectually if you don't have the right eating habits or aren't exercising regularly.

I would really like to get the brazillian butt lift, where they lipo your stomach and put it into your butt. lol. But thats not what Im really wanting right now. Just a tummy tuck. I would like to get rid of the extra fat myself. My husband even joined in and challenged me to lift some weights with him, which I hate to do, but I really am motivated to lose this weight and get toned. Im 25 and I have 2 boys now. I dont want anymore and I just found out I have endometriosis so I may have to have a hyterectomy anyways so hopefully there wont be anymore anyways. But good luck to you on your weight loss.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Successfully completed the water challenge today... not only did I get my 8 cups in... I got 10! :smile:
  • rose_parker9784
    Options
    Successfully completed the water challenge today... not only did I get my 8 cups in... I got 10! :smile:

Great job! Im still working on my water. I usually have to stay up late with homework so I dont get to exercise until late night or early morning. So I will get the rest of my water in then. I usually can only get between 4 and 6 glasses a day. I absolutely hate water, I usta gag on it and up until just recently I hadn't drank water in about 2 or 3 years. Im surprised my kidneys still function...lol. But the late nights are about to stop! I took one final today, then I have 3 more next week and Ill be done for the rest of this challenge! Again, great job on all the water!
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    [/quote]

I read this and its like my life's story!!! :tongue: I have always planned on getting a tummy tuck to. I wanted to after my son but my mom talked me out of it. She said " Now your going to meet a nice boy and he is probably going to want a kid of his own." See up here in Spokane non of the doctors will do them unless you have had your tubes tied. I am only 24 and I would love to have ONE more! So I figured If I can get the weight down myself and keep it down for a while that it will help me have another healthy pregnancy when the time comes. Also Lipo is a quick lose but you can still gain it back, expectually if you don't have the right eating habits or aren't exercising regularly.
    [/quote]

I would really like to get the brazilian butt lift, where they lipo your stomach and put it into your butt. lol. But that's not what I'm really wanting right now. Just a tummy tuck. I would like to get rid of the extra fat myself. My husband even joined in and challenged me to lift some weights with him, which I hate to do, but I really am motivated to lose this weight and get toned. Im 25 and I have 2 boys now. I don't want anymore and I just found out I have endometriosis so I may have to have a hyterectomy anyways so hopefully there wont be anymore anyways. But good luck to you on your weight loss.
    [/quote]

Wow I have to confess and I apologize I have never heard of the brazilian butt lift! When I read it I started giggling!:laugh:
    I am sorry to hear that you might be getting a hysterectomy that's no fun. On the bright side I guess you don't ever have to worry about having an unplanned pregnancy. I love and appreciate when the husbands jump in and challenge you! But in my experience either me or friends it always ends badly. Men can lose weight just from lifting weights, they can burn more calories that way. Woman on the other had have to find there happy medium between cardio and strength training. For most women lifting weights will only bulk you up leaving you look stocky. On the plus side you can't burn calories with out muscle. There for leaving the man to usually win the challenge and the woman to feel no hope in losing weight.:sad: Not much of a pick me up but you can modify the challenge so it fits your needs as well! Thus a happy marriage!!!!!:heart: Just so everyone knows I am stating facts from a professional boot camp instructor and a panel of nine doctors. :wink:
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    know I am a waitress at cracker barrel in Tennesee, well my guests had there tip laying on the table which was a 5 dollar bill which is good at breakfast time for 2 people. The guy said to me, every year we do this he handed me something in my hand and said Merry Christmas. I put it in my pocket and walked to the back to see what it was...it was 100 dollar bill. HE said every year they chose someone who they think needs it...needless to say I cried when I got to the back!!! I am was so excited made my day the rest of the day,,,,that is the true holiday spirit!!!

That is so awesome! :happy:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Is there a Saturday challenge!!!
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    got all my 8 glasses in!!!! This weekend is very busy! I will try to get on asap!
  • slightingscale
    Options
    bluenote wrote:
    ... I suggest that Saturday we try something old that we used to do for exercise but we sort of put away out of our memories. Dust off that old VIDEO or that bike that is holding our clothes. LOL Just a suggestion - we don't have to do it Saturday, or any day, but sometimes it's fun to revisit an old routine. :tongue:
    So, let's dig out the old exercise memories and get busy today! I used to play soccer, and I dove (springboard) in college. It would be fun to dive again, but I'd have to wait in line with all of the little kids during recreational swim at our local public swimming pool to use the diving board.:laugh: I've done it before, but it's quite awkward. :ohwell: Not to mention fitting into the swimming suit.:ohwell: Hmmmm, I'll have to think more about this challenge.

The 72-ounce steak house was a challenge last night. I ate some onion rings, and blue cheese dressing (bummer). In the plus column, I ordered baked chicken, drank two glasses of wine, drank four glasses of water at dinner, and skipped the ice cream dessert.

Put on your challenge caps for an idea for Sunday.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options

That is so awesome!! Since you are in Tenn, it makes me wonder if it was Dave Ramsey (daveramsey.com) since he is big on doing things like this ONCE you are debt free!!

What a great story!! God bless you, hon!!! Merry Christmas!
  • Essence320
    Essence320 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bluenote wrote:
    ... I suggest that Saturday we try something old that we used to do for exercise but we sort of put away out of our memories. Dust off that old VIDEO or that bike that is holding our clothes. LOL Just a suggestion - we don't have to do it Saturday, or any day, but sometimes it's fun to revisit an old routine. :tongue:
    So, let's dig out the old exercise memories and get busy today! I used to play soccer, and I dove (springboard) in college. It would be fun to dive again, but I'd have to wait in line with all of the little kids during recreational swim at our local public swimming pool to use the diving board.:laugh: I've done it before, but it's quite awkward. :ohwell: Not to mention fitting into the swimming suit.:ohwell: Hmmmm, I'll have to think more about this challenge.

The 72-ounce steak house was a challenge last night. I ate some onion rings, and blue cheese dressing (bummer). In the plus column, I ordered baked chicken, drank two glasses of wine, drank four glasses of water at dinner, and skipped the ice cream dessert.

Put on your challenge caps for an idea for Sunday.

Got 10 glasses of water in yesterday! Today I pulled out the old Pilates DVDs....ouch. I have muscles hurting that I forgot existed. :laugh: I'll probably hear Mari's voice in my sleep saying "pull in that powerhouse"

My suggestion for Sunday is to do 15-30 minutes of stretching or yoga. We have been working our booties off this week, so not only will it be well needed but it'll have us ready for Week 2. :drinker:
  • slightingscale
    Options
    Essence wrote:
    My suggestion for Sunday is to do 15-30 minutes of stretching or yoga. We have been working our booties off this week, so not only will it be well needed but it'll have us ready for Week 2. :drinker:
    GREAT suggestion. I can do that challenge. I have a few yoga videos, and I DO need to stretch. THANKS!