I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• carolinesmiles
    Options
    I'm fat because I didn't have enough respect for myself to change. Overeating + couch potato + horrible self image = one very fat me.

But not for long!
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I eat for comfort or to soothe. It gives me a "high". Eating gives me a sense of well being. I am fat because I make no effort at continuity in healthy habits.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I look at food for celebration, and I'm a foodie. I love it, analyzing it, blogging about it, going to dinner. Plus, I don't exercise.
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Because my parents were too involved with their own lives to notice mine, I spent a childhood in front of a TV eating Oreos for breakfast, Pop Tarts for lunch and Cheetos for dinner. I was over 200 lbs by the time I was 12.

Now, eating crap feels like comfort and being a couch potato feels like home. For most of my life IT WAS MY CHOICE not to change, not to give up the easy comfort. I still struggle with the old habits that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. But, I’m getting there.
  • joanie1313
    joanie1313 Posts: 17
    Options
    Because I grew up in a fat household and we ate everything in site, and then looked for more. I have the family that if you don't grab fast at the Thanksgiving table you don't get. Sad but true, used to fight over who is getting the last whatever. Watched TV alot and munched constantly pop corn then ice cream lots of soda I had no problem eating a 16oz prime rib to the bone when I was 12 this is why I am fat.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Because I ate. And I sat. And I continued doing this for years...

No more eating and sitting.

Gotta MOVEEEEEEE! Every day.
  • makeaprincessoutofme
    Options
    I can't seem to grip onto portion control and food has always been there for me in my time of need.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I eat because I'm fat.... I'm fat because I eat ,,,, hahahahaha,,,, sorry, but seriously, I didn't think I had a problem so I ate and ate what I wanted. It wasn't until I hit 200 that i realized I had problems. I realized my problem but didn't do anything about it.... I saw the scale reach 224 and said that's it, I'm sick of being fat.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Because I'm bulking and eating between 3400 and 4000 calories a day.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Because for 35+ years I ate and ate and ate ..... now it's time to pay the price. I'm fat, sick, old, and now I get to work my butt off (literally) to get rid of all the damage.

4 months ago when I had to test my blood sugar I swear it was frosting that oozed out of the spot I lanced. I could NOT eat enough sugar or bread.
  • Beba1980
    Beba1980 Posts: 11
    Options
    I put myself last behind everyone else.
    I control my anger with food because I'm scared of what would come out if I didn't.
    I didn't have the support I needed.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight because I wasn't taught to eat balanced meals as a kid, which lead to a rapid weight gain. Then, when I finally changed my diet, I became sedentary, which negated any health gains I might have got from becoming vegan. I am overweight because it's taken me a very long time to reach the point where I am so unhappy with myself that I'm only just now fixing the problem.
  • fatpanda96
    fatpanda96 Posts: 77
    Options
    I ate unhealthy as a child.
  • insertmud
    insertmud Posts: 3
    Options
    i didn't care.
  • deborahlee815
    Options
    ...i wanted to become invisible...no one really gives 'the fat girl' a second look...i need to let 'her' go...
  • je6305
    je6305 Posts: 29
    Options
    1.b/c I let myself go after having kids
    2.Got comfortable being lazy, and being a stay at home mom, eating non-stop (whatever I wanted) all day long
    3.Not exercising...EVER!
  • marioinCT
    marioinCT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ...because food is a great pleasure and exercise sucks. Sorry. We now have to brainwash ourselves that it's the other way around, and I try. I really, really do.

I do find pleasure in eating organic, quality foods - fresh fruit in a whole grains crepe beats pink slime any day of the week. And I know that being single also sucks, so doing this routine is not optional.
  • hotgrl2
    hotgrl2 Posts: 11
    Options
    I didn't eat the best things, and didn't move enough after eating the bad things, and boom!, that's how you make a fat girl.
  • jennyrn82
    jennyrn82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :yawn: i give up too fast....... my husband said to me " why cant i be as good about weight loss as i am about graduating college"...it's true.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    All of the above! :drinker: