Why is a man's attractiveness defined by his height???

Options

Replies

• KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", my husband is 5'8" or 5'9". I love him but I feel like a tall rhino when I'm standing next to him in heels. At our wedding I wore flats. LOL
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Tall guys make me feel protected and petite. That is it. 5"9 is tall enough if you have confidence and carry yourself well. Desiring tall guys does not make me shallow. It is survival of the fittest. An instinct in my genetic make up maybe? PLus post zombie apocalypse he will have more meat on him if I need to be a cannibal. :flowerforyou:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11". I was usually attracted to tall guys until i met my husband. He's 5'10". But we made 2 sons who are 6'2" and 6'5", respectively. Go figure.
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Height doesn't matter to me and I've dated guys of varying heights. I think some shorter men are self conscious about their height which makes them less outgoing and therefore less attractive. But honestly, I think plenty of short guys are sexy as hell :wink:
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing at some of these answers, specially because my husband is about 3 inches shorter than me. To make it even funnier, he is also much skinnier. I look huge standing next to him! Not to mention that I sometimes wear heels and he doesn't seem to mind it at all! I believe I only had one boyfriend that was actually taller than me in my whole life. It never seemed to be a problem.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I always wanted to date super tall guys, but all the super tall guys I liked wanted to date teeny tiny girls! My hubby is 5'11, and I never feel I have to wear heels (which is A-OK for me!)

It's crazy for the longest time I would only date shorties...and then I discovered the benefits of long legs!

As someone who is 5'10" and all legs, I can really appreciate this!
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    I am 6'1" I dont think height helps. I dont have anyone knocking down my door. LOL
  • WeatherGirl88
    WeatherGirl88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well theoretically, it's nice to go out with someone taller than you, but I'm 5'9'' myself, so there aren't a ton of options. All that really matters to me is personality.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft 3, and girls don't even like looking at me lol, I think it's a debunked theory =]
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to that!
    Well theoretically, it's nice to go out with someone taller than you, but I'm 5'9'' myself, so there aren't a ton of options. All that really matters to me is personality.
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    Honestly, being 5'10" already makes me feel like a giant amongst my shorter coworkers and friends so I do tend to be attracted to men just about as tall or taller than me. It's just a personal preference; I don't want to feel like the jolly green giant in the relationship.
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    OP, The person who said you'd be better if you were taller has the issue, not you! :flowerforyou:
    Attractiveness is about confidence, personality, attitude and swagger!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    It isn't! My hubby is 5'8" and I think he's the perfect height for me. :) He does complain sometimes when I wear super high heels (I am about 5'5") that make me an inch or two taller than him, but he deals with it because he knows that I LOVE high shoes!

My sister and her boyfriend are both 5'8" and it doesn't bother either of them. My other sister is 5'9", and she is chronically in heels that put her over 6' but her ex-boyfriend was about 5'9".

You may find certain things attractive in a person, but I don't think height is a deal breaker.
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    I just saw something that said " Im not short I'm just fun size !" Try that for your next pick up Line:smooched:
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    Its hard to find good pants when you wear a 34/38
  • almart007
    almart007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like men of all sizes although my S.O. is 6'4 and I am 5'3. They are kinda like boobs. If they were all the same size they would not be nearly as fun to look at.

I agree different sizes keep things interesting
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    why do a lot of men like large breasts/longhair/slimfigures?
    personal taste. we're all entitled to it.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My friend Chris1816 is 6'2". Women go crazy for him
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    height matters not to me... I am a face person. If theres a cute faced dude and he's a little short, I will still eye *kitten* him
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    i'd like him to be taller than me, thats for sure, but other than that, i don't have a specific height in my head.