(US) Size 12/14 to a size 6/8 - please share :)

Options

Replies

• Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    <
    i think there must be a lot of variations in pants sizes by weight and height, because I have lost 23 lbs and I am feeling pretty good currently (Size 14 probably), and my goal is probably only a 10/12 since that is the smallest I have ever been. I don't know that I would look good at a size 6. I am tall though, 5'9'', so that probably factors in somehow. Great job everyone! You all are amazing!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    so inspiring thanks y'all!
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was size 16 in the wedding dress, the women at the shop told me I was lucky if I could find a dress because my measurements were all over the place..it really hurt my feelings...now I wanna go show her I can fit into a 8 and kick her a** :)

weddingpic2.jpg

flexphoto1.jpg
  • lmliddicoet
    Options
    L3.jpg

Not sure this is a photo of the heaviest I was at, but it's the only full length photo from back then that I could locate. Early 2010, size 18/20

IMG_2882.jpg

Taken this morning, 7/19/12. size 8/10.

How it happened... slowly. I started walking for half an hour 3 days a week and being more aware of what I was eating.

I'm now weight training for an hour 4-5 times a week, and getting an hour of solid cardio in 5-6 days a week. i have completely altered the way I eat (appx 1200-1500 cals a day, based on how much weight I'm lifting), no pasta, little wheat, heavy veggies.

Train Hard. Eat Clean.
  • Rambo313
    Options
    IMG_2882.jpghttp://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d49/laura22julian/L3.jpg[/IMG]

Not sure this is a photo of the heaviest I was at, but it's the only full length photo from back then that I could located. Early 2010, size 18/20

IMG_2882.jpg

Taken this morning, 7/19/12. size 8/10.

Make the IMG lowercase on both sides and your pictures should come up :)

How it happened... slowly. I started walking for half an hour 3 days a week and being more aware of what I'm eating.

I'm now weight training for an hour 4-5 times a week, and getting an hour of solid cardio in 5-6 days a week. i have completely altered the way I eat (appx 1200-1500 cals a day, based on how much weight I'm lifting), no pasta, little wheat, heavy veggies).

Train Hard. Eat Clean.

Make the IMG on your photos lower case and your pics should come up :)
  • lmliddicoet
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great topic and inspiration. I'm a 16/18 atm and even at my best (148 lbs) upon my academy graduation 20 years ago, I was a 10/12. Seeing the photos give me hope. I've been working on my weight loss through cleaned up eating habits and increased exercise (meaning I actually do that now). I walk or do circuit training (bootcamp) 5-6 days a week. Since starting again, I've lost around 8 lbs, but even more importantly, I can see the change in the looser fit of my clothes and in the mirror. After reading the previous posts, I have even more motivation to continue.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump. U ladies all look great
  • Rambo313
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!

Anytime!

You look awesome!
  • lmliddicoet
    Options
    Thanks! I was just going to comment on your photos... damn girl! shredded!!
  • Cparent04
    Cparent04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rambo313
    Options
    Thanks! I was just going to comment on your photos... damn girl! shredded!!

Thanks!
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bumping for inspiration after baby comes!! You all really look beautiful! incredible job!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump

Love this thread. Inspiring!
  • jessie5367
    jessie5367 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and currently around a size 16. This thread has definitely given me some motivation, which was much needed after the week from hell I have had.

I was debating whether or not to walk home from work tomorrow, but now I definitely will. :happy:
  • HeatherP2205
    Options
    Just wanted to post again for the others that posted after my last one - you all look AMAZING! Such inspirations from the ones that have lost a pound so far - to the ones that have lost half their starting weight or more! Such beautiful women!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is a very inspirational thread. Thanks for sharing
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job everyone! Keep up the hard work & dedication =D
  • cmpitcher
    cmpitcher Posts: 6
    Options
    So amazing to see everyone's hard work!
  • Collinsclan22
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started as a tight size 12 weighing 190 lbs. Over the last 7.5 months, I've lost 45 lbs and am now a comfortable size 6. Basically I tracked EVERYTHING I ate, learned to eat cleaner, cut out pop and fast food, and now enjoy my favorite foods (which happen to be not so great for you) in moderation instead of multiple times a week. I also work out 6-7 days/week either on the elliptical, doing workout videos (I love 30 Day Shred & am a Beachbody coach), doing Zumba, playing tennis, and running. I love to switch things up so I don't get bored! I honestly never thought eating right and exercising would become a lifestyle for me, but it definitely has - I love it!

My Before:

28a7ozt.jpg

My Afters:

28h0k74.jpg

37qtx.jpg

15nlxt3.jpg

You look amazing, and I love that bathing suit. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!