Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't post a before pic because I didn't take any at the time, this is just two pics from recently. But you can totally do it. I read another post you're starting Ripped in 30 in a bit, JM is great and you will see awesome changes!!!! Good luck with it :drinker:

[/quote]

Very beautiful. I dont see a pouch AT ALL! Lol. (But I also know that my BF says he doesnt think I am fat, BUT the way I see myself, I am.) You look like you've worked very hard, and should be very proud!
    [/quote]
  • WalterMom
    WalterMom Posts: 12
    Options
    Four kiddos in 3 1/2 years including one set of twins and one C-section did a number on my stomach! The verticle muscles in my stomach were separated by a good four inches. I literally ran my butt off to get back to pre-pregnancy weight by running a 25 K- still had way too much skin and "stuff" hanging around my middle. I went the surgery route and LOVE it. I am planning to wear a bikini on vacation this summer.
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am having such a hard time loosing my belly buldge!!! I had my son 2 1/2 years ago via c-section and it is killing me not being able to get rid of it when I have lost in other areas :( any tips!!!
  • Queenbec2
    Queenbec2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump. i love this thread. You ladies look incredible.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump

I am one of those girls who wont get rid of the "pouch" or "flap" as i call it. Stretch marks too ,but i am much less bothered by them, even though they are significant. Its the extra skin that i loathe.

i was overweight before i got pregnant (5'1", 170lbs) got up to 205 or so at delivery, had a c section, got back to pre-pregnancy weight (still overweight) gained another 20lbs or so, and then decided to get healthy. So my son was about 2 and a half when i started to try and change my body. I think that also makes a difference in the skin tightening up. If i had tried when he was 3 months, it might be different.
  • Aurora76
    Aurora76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11.5" off my waist and 12ish inches off my hips. You ladies give me hope that I'll have a flat tummy one day. Keep them coming!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    < My DP is my progress pic taken today... I have 15 lbs left to lose. I've never really had stretch marks I was lucky just need to get rid of the mommy belly and I'm loving the results so far <3 I can see some tone and the beginning of some ab muscles. The saying is true abs are made I the kitchen. Goodluck to us mummies I know it's hard but we will get there.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    NEVER allowed a camera to photograph my belly post baby. NEVER! However, I have given birth to 2 babies both by c-section (dammit!) and they were 6.5 years apart. My belly is as flat as I've ever seen it but, it is ever so slightly unevenly shaped just above the c-section scar. One side has a little more softness than the other. I used to call it my "doggy droop'. . .not sure why. It no longer droops, but I still see the difference.

My baby is 6 now and for our last family vacation I wore a VERY 2 piece swimsuit with no objections of embarassment from my 12 year old daughter or 14 year old (step) son. In fact, my 70 year old mom said "damn!!!"

SO, it is VERY possible to see improvements! There will always be battle scars (mine are saggy "girls" and stretch marks) , but you can most certainly take back much of the "war" we know as childbearing has tried to take away fro you!!! Don't give up!!!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't post a before pic because I didn't take any at the time, this is just two pics from recently. But you can totally do it. I read another post you're starting Ripped in 30 in a bit, JM is great and you will see awesome changes!!!! Good luck with it :drinker:

Well, I just THOUGHT that was the DVD my BF bought me. Turns out it was the 6week sixpack. BUT I may go ahead and buy the 30 day shred also. But after doing 6 week sixpack, from what i hear, the 30 day shred might be too 'easy'?
  • Marcillene
    Options
    NEVER allowed a camera to photograph my belly post baby. NEVER! However, I have given birth to 2 babies both by c-section (dammit!) and they were 6.5 years apart. My belly is as flat as I've ever seen it but, it is ever so slightly unevenly shaped just above the c-section scar. One side has a little more softness than the other. I used to call it my "doggy droop'. . .not sure why. It no longer droops, but I still see the difference.

My baby is 6 now and for our last family vacation I wore a VERY 2 piece swimsuit with no objections of embarassment from my 12 year old daughter or 14 year old (step) son. In fact, my 70 year old mom said "damn!!!"

SO, it is VERY possible to see improvements! There will always be battle scars (mine are saggy "girls" and stretch marks) , but you can most certainly take back much of the "war" we know as childbearing has tried to take away fro you!!! Don't give up!!!

Oh thank you! Loved hearing your stories. Its very inspirational for oyu to say that your tummy is very flat now. Most people, even IF their belly is super toned, still feel they have alot to work on. Great job and you DESERVE the 2 piece! I hope to one day too!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i didnt have csections but being heavy most of my life and then having 2 children my "apron" is ridiculous...after losing almost 80lbs over the last 4+yrs i have finally scheduled my tummy tuck for 9/21/12....my tummy is never going to go away on it's on...i accepted that but continued to work on the rest of my body and i'm happy with everything i have done but i can not accept that after all my hard work to lose these 80lbs i will have this nastiness on the front of my for the rest of my life....my husband is supportive, my boss is supportive and my friends are supportive so I'M DOING IT.....this is something i have wanted pretty much all of my adult life and now before i turn 40 on 10/13, i'm gonna have it :)

i wish i had the body/ability to get rid of it without surgery and am envious of those who have posted above me.....BUT it seems maybe they were smaller before babies and didnt have the pooch until after which probably made it easier for it to go away....

best of luck to anyone who decides to go the tummy tuck routine...i'm pretty sure i wont regret it (had breast reduction in 2000 and would do that again in a heartbeat)

denise
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    I could lose a lot faster if I actually abided by diet and nutrition plans but I'm a southern girl so its ummm...impossible! LOL! Good luck!

Thank you! I do, I am currently trying to learn better nutritional skills for myself, because eating ENOUGH is my hardship. I have eaten 1-2 eggs for breakfast, which eating ANYTHING for breakfast is a step up for me. Other than that I have cut out all junk food, snacks, ect.

How long did it take you for your journey (till your last pic).

That is my result from April to now. I'm on my second week of Insanity again so I'm hoping since I'm putting more into this go round that my results will be crazy awesome!
  • carrie3479
    carrie3479 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • my2gr8boys
    my2gr8boys Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • cydneann
    cydneann Posts: 1
    Options
    All I can say is that you ladies ROCK!!! I'm JUST getting started (on day 2) and I'm a little excited,but skeptical that this weight will actually fall off - ESP, my belly. I have 3 children, and the last was the heaviest - 11 pounds. So I certainly have "dunlap disease" going on. So keep up the great work- I will certainly be back often to check and post progress.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    i didnt have csections but being heavy most of my life and then having 2 children my "apron" is ridiculous...after losing almost 80lbs over the last 4+yrs i have finally scheduled my tummy tuck for 9/21/12....my tummy is never going to go away on it's on...i accepted that but continued to work on the rest of my body and i'm happy with everything i have done but i can not accept that after all my hard work to lose these 80lbs i will have this nastiness on the front of my for the rest of my life....my husband is supportive, my boss is supportive and my friends are supportive so I'M DOING IT.....this is something i have wanted pretty much all of my adult life and now before i turn 40 on 10/13, i'm gonna have it :)

i wish i had the body/ability to get rid of it without surgery and am envious of those who have posted above me.....BUT it seems maybe they were smaller before babies and didnt have the pooch until after which probably made it easier for it to go away....

best of luck to anyone who decides to go the tummy tuck routine...i'm pretty sure i wont regret it (had breast reduction in 2000 and would do that again in a heartbeat)

denise

Good luck to you! I wish my DH was supportive of me wanting a tummy tuck as well (later on of course).

I think that it does depend on the shape before pregnancy as well, but I dont think I will ever get my stomach to be that way, just the way it lays now, but I am trying to be hopeful!
  • MammaSki2Boys
    Options
    bump
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 babies, and this is my progress since January. I did not have any C-sections, so I know that is harder. They're not very visible in the pics, but I DO have stretch marks on my hips and lower abs. They don't bother me, and I think of them as battle scars. :glasses: I've seen moms who've had C-sections make amazing changes, so never, NEVER give up!

abcollage-2.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!