Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 babies, and this is my progress since January. I did not have any C-sections, so I know that is harder. They're not very visible in the pics, but I DO have stretch marks on my hips and lower abs. They don't bother me, and I think of them as battle scars. :glasses: I've seen moms who've had C-sections make amazing changes, so never, NEVER give up!

abcollage-1.jpg

Do you feel like your body is better than before you got pregnant? And what has your workout routine looked like to get there?
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options
    I've had a vaginal birth last year and a csection this year. I still have a long way to go but here are my pictures.

tumblr_m6fh4rnlIv1rqmjoho1_500.jpg
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...2 c-sections 13 months apart, 5'2" & babies were too big for a natural delivery!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the ENORMOUS PICS earlier--ugh photobucket!! Anyway, to answer your question, yes and no. It's been much harder to get in shape after having kids, but I'm more muscular than I was, and my work ethic doesn't even compare. I work WAY harder than I ever did in my 20s and I appreciate my body 1000% more now. I don't beat myself up for small flaws. I lift weights at the gym 5x a week, do cardio on the elliptical 6-7x a week, and spend about 8-10 minutes on ab work 2-4 times per week.
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I've had a vaginal birth last year and a csection this year. I still have a long way to go but here are my pictures.

Great transformation. And love tats.. nice work! What did your diet/workout consist of and how long did it take you to get there? Your before body is very similar to mine as well. I began 1 1/2 months ago at 193lbs and currently 171-172-173ish. Have a ways to go. My love handles/legs look like your before pic.
  • danilee1020
    danilee1020 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My stomach is terrible. I have dieted my whole life, but I never did strength, so I hope to get a nice stomach. I have a indent, flap, diastasis recti and flab, ewww. It's from 5 pregnancies 1 twin pregnancy. Hoping this time I can get it right. Even when I was super skinny I had a pooch. I was hoping to see some success wuth belly's more similar to mine, for encouragement....Thank you all for sharing.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options

I LOVE YOUR TATTOO ( ;

You look fantastical!!!
  • Marcillene
    Options
    Sorry for the ENORMOUS PICS earlier--ugh photobucket!! Anyway, to answer your question, yes and no. It's been much harder to get in shape after having kids, but I'm more muscular than I was, and my work ethic doesn't even compare. I work WAY harder than I ever did in my 20s and I appreciate my body 1000% more now. I don't beat myself up for small flaws. I lift weights at the gym 5x a week, do cardio on the elliptical 6-7x a week, and spend about 8-10 minutes on ab work 2-4 times per week.

Do you think that you will workout this much for many years to come, or do you hope to not have to and to maintain by dieting and cutting down your workingout to half that? Just a curious question? I am amazed at your journey!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing much more on lifting now, getting strong and healthy. Cardio is on the back-burner now, but I still do 20 min or so, even on lifting days. I workout in the morning, so I do 10 minutes just to warm my muscles up and prevent injury. I live about 60 seconds from my gym and it's open 24 hrs a day, so yes, I can see myself lifting like this indefinitely. I love it intensely, and it is the ONLY "me" time I get. I treasure that time. :bigsmile:
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Marcillene
    Options
    I'm focusing much more on lifting now, getting strong and healthy. Cardio is on the back-burner now, but I still do 20 min or so, even on lifting days. I workout in the morning, so I do 10 minutes just to warm my muscles up and prevent injury. I live about 60 seconds from my gym and it's open 24 hrs a day, so yes, I can see myself lifting like this indefinitely. I love it intensely, and it is the ONLY "me" time I get. I treasure that time. :bigsmile:

Having the gym right there is a big plus! Plus, once your daily routine is use to it, I m sure it would be hard to go back.
  • LetiMarie_864
    LetiMarie_864 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and gained 30 & 40 lbs with my two pregnancies (regular births). The tummy pouch is something I struggle with daily and I always tell my hubby if I have a flat stomach I'll be a happy woman, lol. For the most part I have it under control. Jillian Michaels dvd Ripped in 30 helps my stomach stay flat because of all the planks. That one move is seriously a miracle!!!! If I'm going to the beach I'll cut back on carbs and add a few extra ab exercises to the routine like side bends for an extra firm tummy. It can be done. Here are my pics...

[img]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s456/vbehfarshad/My Swimsuit Pics/bikinipic5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s456/vbehfarshad/My Swimsuit Pics/abspic.jpg[/img]

You look great! I have 3 kids. One was a c-section. I love your stomach. I still have lots more work to do...
  • sewhappymomma
    Options
    These transformations are amazing!!
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options

Great transformation. And love tats.. nice work! What did your diet/workout consist of and how long did it take you to get there? Your before body is very similar to mine as well. I began 1 1/2 months ago at 193lbs and currently 171-172-173ish. Have a ways to go. My love handles/legs look like your before pic.

I try to eat as clean as possible. When I first started, I just cut calories and made small switches to healthier foods. I do not eat anything processed, I try to eat as paleo as possible. Meat and veggies! At first, I was just doing cardio but now I weight lift 5x a week and do cardio 4-5x a week. I started March 25th to now. I've lost 33 pounds and soooooooooo many inches.
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow all the mommy's in here look amazing! With my first child I started out weighing 255 and ended up gaining 45 lbs with him(oh my!) After having him(vaginal birth) I only lost about 20 lbs and stayed that big for the last 3 years. I gave birth to my 2nd child in January via emergency c-section but I only gained 8 lbs with him. I am now down to 237 and noticing my stomach is getting smaller but I am so worried about the sagging skin and my c-section scar is so damn awful. I am loving that I am getting healthy and feeling better but I am also terrified of how my body will look once I get to my goal weight. O.o
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • natural813
    natural813 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    You ladies that have had c-sections are inspiring me ..it's wonderful to know that some of us can get our stomachs looking wonderful... especially the lady that did insanity!
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg
    576100_4346055448751_1645270636_n.jpg

Beautiful! That is what I am struggling with right now. You have renewed my hope that I can fix it without surgery.
    Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!