Ahhhhh! Just read a post that said.....

Options
1235»

Replies

• ShakeyMD
    ShakeyMD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just had one for lunch. And it was yummy.
  • allyemo1985
    allyemo1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i heard dont eat a banana after lunch time because unless yu have great metabolism you wont burn it off for 12 hours! whether its true i dont know but i stay away fro them now
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    SMH that it's okay to eat an Atkins bar or the like and question a banana.

"If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t."
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    i heard dont eat a banana after lunch time because unless yu have great metabolism you wont burn it off for 12 hours! whether its true i dont know but i stay away fro them now

No, it's not true. You burn what you eat (as long as you are eating less than you need) as you take it in, no matter what time of day you eat.
  • kathryn_m
    kathryn_m Posts: 31
    Options
    I had a strict Russian ballet teacher who yelled at me once when she saw me eating a banana. She told me never to eat them again...needless to say, I didn't listen.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Things that don't make you fat.

1. Sugar
    2. Carbs
    3. fats
    4. eating at or after a specific time.
    5. eating fructose
    6. eating lactose.
    7. eating high GI

The thing that makes you fat.
    1. Eating above your maintenance calories
    [/quote

^^^^ AWESOME ^^^^
  • kwoodson94
    kwoodson94 Posts: 37
    Options
    Lets face it, we did not get here because we ate too many bananas! haha Everything in moderation! If there is something you love and you forbid yourself you will eventually go nuts and eat a whole bunch. Dont believe the hype, trust yourself.
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It seems like every week there's something new you should "NEVER" eat because it's bad for you, makes you fat, makes you diabetic, causes cancer, etc. Anything in moderation shouldn't cause problems. Overdoing it on a regular basis will.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    Healthy lifestyle?

My grandmother ate a banana every day that I knew her and she lived to be 97 and was never overweight. I love bananas and I'm not going to eat half of one because the other half would be gross by the time it got eaten. So I say that bananas are part of a healthy nutrition program.

Yeah, my grandfather is 88 and eats a banana with his Rice Krispies daily. I also eat a banana every morning and am doing a lower carb diet (as an experiment). I lost two pounds last week, if that counts, teehee.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great. Now I want a banana.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

^ Not true and also not relevant in a hypocaloric diet.
  • KettlebellTess
    Options
    Don't eat bananas !!! Too much sugar! I eat them everyday, frozen, very ripe, in my post workout shake. Am I wrong for doing this ???????

Everything in moderation. Well, except processed foods. LOL

But....bananas are to fruit what potatoes are to vegetables.

I'll eat one maybe once a month or so.
  • KettlebellTess
    Options
    SMH that it's okay to eat an Atkins bar or the like and question a banana.

"If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t."

Too bad there's not a like button. I like that quote.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Things that don't make you fat.

1. Sugar
    2. Carbs
    3. fats
    4. eating at or after a specific time.
    5. eating fructose
    6. eating lactose.
    7. eating high GI

The thing that makes you fat.
    1. Eating above your maintenance calories

This can't be repeated enough.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What the HECK?

There was a time people said; Don't eat eggs! Too.

Just ignore them. They're unprocessed. They don't come in plastic. They aren't full of artificial junk. Eat them. Enjoy them. And when someone says; Don't eat them, just grab another one and have at it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the banana is one of the most over rated "health" foods on the planet. Are they good for you? sure they are. 1/2 of a banana a day or every other day is more than enough if you are eating them for the nutrition.

Are they like super healthy? No, they are not. They are just "ok". Lots of sugar and lots of carbs and lots of calories.

If you like em eat them.

Just dont tell yourself that all that sugar and carbs and calories are ok because its from a banana.