Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    After two decades together, there's not much my hubby doesn't know about me. So, yes, he does know my weight.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Mine knows exactly what I weigh and I know what he weighs. We watch each other weigh. I made him take the scale away from me for a month so I'd stop weighing so often.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend does!!!

I was afraid to tell him how much I weighed until this last March, I had lost 100 pounds at that point, and one day I just didn't care anymore and told him when he asked. It was one of the best things I had ever done because now I am not ashamed to tell him my weight at all, and he can give more support to me when I need it.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    mine does, and he has seen pics of me at my heaviest. Shoot he sees me naked so why does a number matter? All I know is he is incredibly supportive of all I am doing.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    At my biggest, I must admit I was ashamed to tell him how much I weighed. But I did confess to him, we share everything, we are together through thick and thin, good and bad. Why on earth shouldnt he know.

But now I must admit I tell everyone who asks . . . . . . . . . . im no longer ashamed of where Ive been and where I now am :)
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to tell him when I first joined, but now I'm happy with myself and he knows.. Everyone knows. I'm not shy about it.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I didn't tell mine for about the first 10 years we were together. During that time the scale went up and down A LOT. I broke down and told him about 3 years ago. This year it topped out at 305 and yes, he knows now exactly what I weigh and still tells me every single day that I am beautiful and that he loves my curves! lol He always knows exactly what to say!! Now that I'm losing, he is very supportive of all my weighing and measuring when I eat and even helps with it!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I won't tell him, I find it even more embarrassing that we weighed around the same at one point, before I started this journey. I am 5'5 and he's 6'2 and very very slim.
    I intend to get as far away from him in weight as possible - downwards. I reckon he'll be at that number for a while, he says he's been that weight for over 15yrs give or take a couple of kilos.

Though he guessed it once and was 20lbs lighter. I didn't correct him.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tell him almost every time I weigh myself. On the other hand he doesn't tell me at all how much he weighs, I just know he's over 200 pounds now and up to size 38 pants, he's only 5'4.
  • KerryPayne
    KerryPayne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No way! he has no concept of weight and what it means to me, when I told him I'd lost 7kgs (15lbs) and said i was halfway to goal he said is that enough? meaning 'wasn't i going to lose more than that?' to me its a big thing , I don't even think I'll tell him how much i am when i reach goal as it's still a fairly large number and close to what he weighs, but that what my doc recommended.
    If you want to write something on the calendar how about either lbs lost or lbs to goal, so you still have a number on the wall but he doesn't know the actual weight, thats what i did before when we were both losing weight together, we had a graph on the bathroom wall that we filled in every week with llbs lost on it, not actual weight.
  • karae16
    karae16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My bf knows- and knew my weight at my heaviest too. As other people have said, he sees me naked and I really don't think the number matters. I don't think people need to worry too much, I mean he/she is able to see what you look like, it's not like knowing the number will all of a sudden change how you look.
  • kaali85
    kaali85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will happily tell anyone my weight, despite being over weight it makes no difference. And everyone tells me I am heavier than I look.

Tbh it's just a number, for me it's about how I feel I look, and how i feel. Neither of which are massively positive ATM hence my need to shed the weight and change my shape and life :).
  • Carpaydeeum
    Carpaydeeum Posts: 116
    Options
    Nope. She hasn't asked. And I won't tell. I thinks she'd freak out.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep - because every time I lose a pound I tell him! LOL
  • MrDalvin
    MrDalvin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about, I would say Tell him, put it up on the wall - visual aids are a good motivator. I would try and include my significant other, these kinds of journeys are pretty tough on your own, so having your other half involved and supporting you, may make things a little easier.
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    My husband knows my age, SSN, phone, and every other number I have, so the weight number is really no big deal. It's just another number. He forgets what it is half the time any way, LOL.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My husband knows :) We have an extremely open and close relationship so I don't see any reason to keep it from him.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been with my boyfriend for 8 years, and I have always been too embarassed to tell him my weight. He asks and says he doesn't care, but I refuse. After 8 years, do you think this is really something I need to keep secret from him? He's never had a weight problem and is a healthy 185lb at 6'1", and actually has to keep his weight around there because he's a pilot. He fully supports me in all my measuring cup/Jillian Michaels/kale chips craziness.

All I want to do is write my weight on a calendar in the room I do 30 Day Shred in, but I'm so scared to put it out there. Do you tell your bf/hubster?

He sounds nice and supportive, and you have nothing to be embarrassed about. My husband knows how much I weigh and has since we were dating.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    When I was at my highest weight I didn't tell him, because I weighed more than him and it embarrassed me! After I lost like 20lbs and was finally lighter than him, I told him what I did weigh and what I weighed then! And obviously now I am not ashamed since I am basically at goal! He never judged me or cared it was just my own insecurities!
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100
    Options
    He knows. He says he loves me no matter what weight I am. I highly doubts he remembers anyway ;)