Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I kept my weight a secret from my husband because the number on the scale makes me feel bigger than I am.

But then I got pregnant, and after coming to doctor's appointments with me, the cat was out of the bag.

Now I wonder why I felt the need to hide the number ... he totally didn't care.
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    Mine didn't for the longest time, I didn't share that piece of info with anyone willingly...it was even difficult getting weighted at the doc's office...but only these last couple weeks i've begun to share...and we've been together off and on for 18 YEARS!!!! LOL
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes my husband knows how much I weigh, sometimes I get on the scale & I am to scared to look so he does it for me
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My husband knows how much I weigh every single morning. I walk out of the bathroom and throw some numbers at him and he either says "Oh, stupid scale" or "Nice!" It's a fun game. It's been especially fun since I started lifting again and my weight loss stalled for four months, but now that it's moving again he's very happy for me.
  • levstein
    levstein Posts: 74
    Options
    My husband doesn't know my actual weight but he knows I have 52lbs to lose 'cos I've made it very clear that I intend to lose every single one of them. I have written the numbers from 52 down to 0 on a post it note pad which is in full view on my dressing table and each week when I weigh-in I can rip the pages off and scrunch them into the bin. Very satisfying I must admit.
  • justlynzo
    justlynzo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you whether or not you want to tell your guy your weight. Personally, I am at a point where I want to own my current weight and never go back to it, so for the first time I tell pretty much everyone what I weigh. If you are working on being healthy and fit, you certainly have nothing to be ashamed of, so why not share your number, especially with someone you already know loves you regardless?
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just asked him, and he said he had no idea. But I don't do anything to try to hide it from him.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We share a memory scale that keeps track of two people so yes he can at anytime push mine and see my current weight but I would tell him even if he asked.
  • derpina88
    derpina88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No NO NO! He and I are exactly the same height. When we got together I was maybe 5 pounds lighter than him. as I gained I would tell him... but once I passed 200 pounds I stopped telling him. He is at 185 and I'm at 211, Its not that much difference, but I just can't say it aloud. I've only told my best friend and my mom.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    yes and I know what she weighs also.
  • sareyezz23
    sareyezz23 Posts: 53
    Options
    at first i was was scared he would be shocked but he was very supportive when i told him, didnt help i cried in his arms afterwoods, but he said he doesnt care if i weighed twice that much he would still love me no matter. I knew then and there i needed to do something about it.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yes. We usually talk about our weight once or twice a week.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If he's supportive of you in your endeavor to lose, what harm is it to make public what you weigh now? It'll change and chances are he won't care. If he's not making an issue of it, then I doubt it'll bother him.

My boyfriend knew before we ever began dating, but we're long distance so it's not as easy to say "here I am" from the get-go. I wanted him to know because I didn't want him thinking I was maybe just chubby and then get a surprise in person. He was fine with it (I never said an exact number because back then I didn't know my exact weight, I just knew I was in the morbidly obese category for my size) and even when we were together in person he didn't mind. Granted I haven't told him I'm losing weight, but I'm letting that one be a surprise.
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    though i don't have a SO back when i was with my ex i knew how much she weighed and i didn't care at all, no thoughts of her were changed in any way by knowing that number i was 6'1 and 225lb and she was 5'10 and 225lb at the same time, i went down to 175 and she went up to 235....still nothing changed, i still felt the same way about her, knowing that number means nothing,in fact by having it posted might help! as with any life style change you should do it for yourself not others but having that number posted where someone you care about will see it might help keep you motivated to work harder and keep going. like everyone says, if someone sees you naked what is that number really going to do?....nothing, nothing at all. :wink:
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't. For the opposite reason of the OP. I'm very fit and at my goal weight, while he's about 50 lbs overweight. I don't ever bring my weight up because I don't want it to seem like "bragging" - he's very touchy on that subject.
  • StarIsMoving
    StarIsMoving Posts: 437
    Options
    I guess I never thought of it as an embarrassing thing to my family. My husband and kids know, have known, will know. They also know my progress, or when I hit a plateau - we are totally open with each other under our roof (thankfully). We have been together 14yrs and married 12... and we both know each others weights... just like I know he has shrunk a half inch in height since we have been together, LOL!
    To OP: Put it on your calendar... be proud of your progress - your SO takes you for who you are now and can share in the pride with you on success!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Seriously? What does it matter? He knows what you look like already, you're not meeting for the first time or anything. What does it matter what the number is? I've never understood people lying about or hiding their weight... who cares?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Personally I think after 8 years that's kinda silly. I mean, he sees you everyday, it's not like if you give him a number he's gonna suddenly be "damn she's too fat for me now". C'mon. My husband knows. He's always known.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've been honest with my bf about every loss and gain! XD
  • melleefit
    melleefit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to get really cranky and embarrassed when my fiance would try to lift me up and he used to say "C'mon, you're not going to hurt me. How much do you weigh?" and I would absolutely refuse to tell him. But when I went to the doctor at the end of last year and got weighed in and my doctor told me I was classed as "morbidly obese" I decided to be honest with my fiance so he could keep me honest with myself. I now tell him my weight every time I weigh in and he's very supportive. I also share my weight and my goals with some of my friends and family now too. I feel like its one of the keys to my success.