Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
Following on from does your SO know how much you weigh, I was quite surprised how many people said "no secrets here". I wouldn't keep my weight a secret from my husband, but I can't imagine him caring for a millisecond what I weigh. I wouldn't interest him.

So more importantly than does your SO KNOW what you weight? Does your SO CARE about that number?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't remember if I've mentioned it, but I don't think he cares about the number. He knows what I look like.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    He knows exactly what I weigh and he cares. He wants me to be happy and is 100% supportive of my journey here. I tell him my weight every time I weigh. 1) So he can pat me on the back for doing well. 2) So he can remind me not to eat all the cookies if I am doing poorly. :)
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    yes he cares.

he's very superficial when it comes to what is "acceptable" for a woman to weigh
  • MrsKillough
    MrsKillough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    He knows, because I keep telling him every time I lose any! He's proud of my achievements on here, but still told me I looked good when I was over a stone heavier - I was a size 14 when he proposed, so it can't have been that big a deal to him.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    He knows exactly what I weigh and he cares. He wants me to be happy and is 100% supportive of my journey here. I tell him my weight every time I weigh. 1) So he can pat me on the back for doing well. 2) So he can remind me not to eat all the cookies if I am doing poorly. :)

Ha ha! Mine won't let me have scales in the house. It was just about the only thing he was completely insistent on when we moved in together. NO WEIGHING. I am very grateful to him for that!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    He does know.. he doesnt care how large it is.. but he does care about the effect its having on me so is being wonderfully supportive and helpful even changing our old recipes to healthier versions.... I feel very lucky
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Hmm...he doesn't ask. I can't imagine why it would matter. He sees me naked so he knows I'm not in great shape! :laugh:
    I don't know what he weighs either. I know he's 200 something. He's 6'6"...and has always been naturally slim (lucky dog!!).

But no, I don't think he cares. :)

Edited to fix my poor grammar.
  • embclark
    embclark Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mine could care less, he has always loved me and been attracted to m... But I can say that he was concerned because of how upset I got when we were close to the same weight. So although he doesn't care, I am quite sure that he would prefer I not get that high again since I became a basket case. As a 5'7" girl, I did not want to weight the same amount as my 6'4" husband!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Not really. He's not a "numbers" guy, lol. As long as I'm happy and healthy, that's what he cares about.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend repeatedly said he didnt know why I wanted to lose weight, thinks I am perfect the way I am, and so forth. But he was and still is nothing but supportive of my goals. We even went to the gym together for a while. He told me I was sexy every single day before I started my journey and still does.

As far as a number, I am sure that he could care less! I mean he knows, but Im pretty sure it means next to nothing. Men are often bad judges of a woman's wieght anyways! (That, or they are smart enough to guess low.)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I don't think the number matters that much, but he does know it. He definitely cares how I look though...and when I got down to a size 4, I think he told more people my jeans size than I did :laugh:
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    My SO has loved me for me. He told me that he will love me no matter what!!

But, also, he understands my WANT to lose weight and Feel better because he also wants to lose weight and feel better.

He does joke around with me that once I lose my weight that he REALLY wont be able to keep his hands off of me! LOL!!!
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My SO doesn't know my number, and doesn't really care, but he knows that I'm not feeling good about myself right now. He doesn't care if I lose weight, but he wants me to exercise so I start feeling better in my skin.
  • Yazzy623
    Yazzy623 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My husband could care less what I weighed. I have told him the actual number and he does not even flinch! LOL. This weight loss journey is purely for me because I truly believe that if I didn't lose an ounce, he'd have no problem with it!
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No. We've talked about it a lot and it usually comes to, he loves me regardless of my weight, and even fought for me against his crazy Japanese SIL who thinks every fat person should die. He has about 35lbs extra right now himself.

In this attempt to lose weight, the first real one since we've been together, I asked him, "What if I don't lose the weight? What if I'm always like this?" He said it doesn't matter, as long as I am happy and living life the way I want, he loves me regardless.

That said, we're both pretty gung ho this go around. I even got him to start C25k with me, and he's watching his beer consumption.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I used to believe he didn't. But since losing so much weight I think it is pretty clear he does. I know he always loved me but I know he finds me much more attractive now. I am glad really, would be quite annoyed if I did all this work and he didn't find me more attractive lol
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I don't think the number matters that much, but he does know it. He definitely cares how I look though...and when I got down to a size 4, I think he told more people my jeans size than I did :laugh:

Yeah my boyfriend has mentioned to people before my weight , how proud of me he was and how hard I worked. great feeling
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Mine loves me so he doesn't care. He tells me I'm sexy no matter what size. But he doesn't want me to get too thin (not in danger of that LOL). He is attracted to my curves.
  • karae16
    karae16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    He doesn't care how much I weight. Instead, he has always said that he just wants me to be healthy. So if I was overweight or very skinny without muscles I think he would be concerned. He's always been great with the compliments, and likes a bit of extra weight in my bum, but when my stomach starts to get toned I get tons of compliments. I think many men are similar in that they find a healthy/toned/in-shape woman attractive- and weight doesn't really matter. (especially because muscle weighs more- so if you're toned you're still going to weigh more then someone whose the same size but not in-shape)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    yes he cares.

he's very superficial when it comes to what is "acceptable" for a woman to weigh
    You have posted before about what a jerk your fiance is. You need to deal with this problem.