Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My SO knows but doesn't care how much I weigh. I know how much he weighs too.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    He's not my Finace, but I am working on it, although he is the one that needs to sort through that issue.
    Oh god do you think I care if he's your fiance or boyfriend? Way to miss the point. If you can't see why it's your problem then fine, enjoy being treated like crap.
    well you have no idea what I have done about the situation but thanks for your advice.
    To be honest I don't care what you do about the situation, as long as you stop whining about him on the forums.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 when we met, an 18 when we married, and after 4 pregnancies and 15 years, I was a size 24. He did not APPEAR to care, or rather, never said anything about my weight. the main difference now, (i am a size 12 less than a year later) he comments on my confidence, how happy I am now and of course, he smiles and says "you look wonderful. amazing. and sexy too." we've discussed how I used to be, and he did confide that as my weight climbed, he was worrying. not about what i looked like, but about the dangers.

It wasn't exactly a secret, how much I weighed, we just did not discuss it. When i reached my highest point, and I was having scares like chest pain, I told him. I weighed 252 pounds. I cried, and he did a little too. He wasn't happy with his weight either (220), so we started on MFP and a diet (mine more strict, and under the care of a doctor, nurse, and dietitian).

He went from 220 to 179 and I went from 252 to 166. we are always talkin about the numbers now!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Well just because someone took a piss in your cherios this AM is no reason to take it out on me. I started a thread about it when it occurred on Friday. So just skip my posts if it matters. And obviously you don't care, that's why you have taken the time to point out how much you disapprove of the matter.
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    He knows exactly what I weigh and he cares. He wants me to be happy and is 100% supportive of my journey here. I tell him my weight every time I weigh. 1) So he can pat me on the back for doing well. 2) So he can remind me not to eat all the cookies if I am doing poorly. :)

Ha ha! Mine won't let me have scales in the house. It was just about the only thing he was completely insistent on when we moved in together. NO WEIGHING. I am very grateful to him for that!

He's a smart man! :P
  • mrsdamr
    mrsdamr Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    At one time, when I weighed less then him, he knew, not that I gained weight back (still down 65 - 70 lbs from my highest) I don't share. I'm too Embarrassed that I gained it back and my fat % went up.... He doesn't care - but I do. I know his weight and %, and its actually annoying - he eats like crap - I eat healthy........
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My hubby absolutely cares what I *look* like, but not about how much I weigh. He would notice weight loss more than if I shaved my head, no kidding!:smile:
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    He's not my Finace, but I am working on it, although he is the one that needs to sort through that issue.
    Oh god do you think I care if he's your fiance or boyfriend? Way to miss the point. If you can't see why it's your problem then fine, enjoy being treated like crap.

well you have no idea what I have done about the situation but thanks for your advice.

just being nosy, but what did you do? :D no judgements, just curious....
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My SO is on MFP too. He loves me for who I am, and I was this size when we started going out. But he sees how much this means to me and he is doing everything he can to help me achieve my goal, because that's what I want to do :)
  • babyseal_24
    babyseal_24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    He doesn't care what I weigh so much as how I feel about how I weigh and look. So when I'm slacking in the skinny body motivation, he lets me know- not to be a jerk, but because if I let myself go too much I'm going to regret it and he's looking out for me.
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Somewhere down the road I have told him my weight but I'm not sure if he remembers them! He has never complained about my weight, even at my heaviest, and he knows that I've been trying to lose weight for years!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I text him every time I weigh in and lose weight. He couldn't care if I told him I weighed 300 pounds or 175 pounds, as long as I am happy and healthy.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had one guy sort of care, but he just had a thing about not wanting to date anyone bigger than him.

His friend, however, seems happy to be able to brag that his new girlfriend weighs 105 pounds.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well just because someone took a piss in your cherios this AM is no reason to take it out on me. I started a thread about it when it occurred on Friday. So just skip my posts if it matters. And obviously you don't care, that's why you have taken the time to point out how much you disapprove of the matter.
    I disapprove of hearing you continue to complain about an issue you won't take action on. Sure I can hide your posts but there's always another one of you doing the same thing.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    My SO only cares if I get too skinny. He doesn't want me to lose my softness, haha lucky for him I like a 50's pin up style figure and that's what I am going for.
  • luxekitty
    luxekitty Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes he knows and no he doesn't care. He married me 20 lbs heavier than I am now.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

just being nosy, but what did you do? :D no judgements, just curious....

I called him back when I was calmer, because i was far too tired to be yelling and told him that he may be able to be with someone he isn't physically attracted to, but I couldn't be with someone fi they weren't physically attracted to me. I told him I would never look the way that I did when I was 17, that was close to impossible, but I had my goal, and when i reach that goal, if he still thinks it's "too much" then he can find someone else that lives up to his standards, because that would not be me. I also listened to his reasoning and ended up talking about the stuff HE needs to work on.. And I also told him I would be taking some time to think things through some more, and haven't spoken to him since. Will be calling him tonight though.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    He cares because I care. It's important to me, and he wants me to be happy.
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    Well, the guy in my profile pic isn't my not my S.O anymore, but he's still my best friend and we still go out on dates. He knows exactly what I weigh and he really couldn't care less. He thinks I looked great at 153, and he still thinks I look great at 131. :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine knows. And, he cares. He started dating me when I was heavier. I was not his "type" because I was heavier. But he liked me, so he didnt fuss. But he is kinda vain. So am I. He wants me to be a hottie. So do I. He encourages me to do it the healthy way, and stays on me to make sure I eat and work out, but not in a nagging way. He is really proud that I am doing so well. If he didnt care, I don't know that I would be as motivated.