Does your SO CARE how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't think he cares, but he always makes sure to pretend to care for me :)

I always expect an impressed "ooh" and a lengthy romantic kiss when I inform him of another loss. In truth, he probably doesn't give a crap, but he knows it's important to me.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    he doesnt care and it doesnt come up in conversation so i dont need to lie...he doesnt care as long as im not the size of a house...lol
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure mine cares because when I weighed less, I asked him if he would still love me if I was heavy, and he said yes, but he wouldn't be as happy.

Now that the honeymoon is over, and I'm heavier, I really don't care if my weight makes him happy or not, and I'm pretty sure I have him too scared to honestly say...as it should be :)

*edited for a typo that would annoy the piss out of me just knowing it was there.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My SO doesn't know or care. He likes the way I look and that's what matters in his eyes..so he's never even asked. Thank GOD I live in Texas so it's not on my drivers license..so life is good lol
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My husband knows exactly what I weigh (I told him this morning, lol) and he couldn't give a fig. He told me I was beautiful 40lbs ago and he tells me how hot I am now. We're on this journey together and we're doing our best to support each other. Having said that, he probably wouldn't be my husband if he did care what I weighed. Sure I want him to be proud and gloat about having the 'hot wife', but if there were an 'acceptable weight requirement' that I would have had to meet, I wouldn't have stuck around.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Nope he doesn't care. He doesn't put much stock in the scale. Plus to look at me, you'd never guess I weight 200 lbs. He loves me either way.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My husband does not know my weight.... but should he ask I would tell him. I dont think he cares about the number itself at all but does care about my health in general. He is very supportive when I need him to be ---- and knows when and when not to push.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband cared a great deal about what I weighed. And he was convinced if I would just follow his advice, etc. that I could be as slender as he thought I should be. This is one of the reasons he became my ex.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    he knows how much I weigh, but weight has never been an important part of our relationship. He is supportive of my loss thus far and thinks I've set a realistic goal weight. When he compliments me he is always good about noticing and commenting that I smile more and that it makes me happy to reach a new goal. He notices and comments that I have more energy and I seem to be able to do more of the things I want to do without restriction as opposed to just noticing that I'm wearing a smaller size jeans or being focused on the numbers, and this is just one of the many reasons I love him.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    No... and actually she told me "now that you are skinnier there is less of you to hug" which is so cute. I love my bride dearly.:happy:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not at all. He just wants me to be healthy at any number.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    My husband knows how much I weigh. And he doesn't even care. He loves women with curves, who are strong. He's also a booty guy so he's sort of sad that mine is starting to melt away,:tongue: but he has been so supportive of my journey. AS long as I am doing it for my health, he says, then he will be there for me. He's big on not dieting to be Hollywood skinny. He hates the stereotype that makes beauty into a small box you have to diet constantly for. Which I totally agree with.

So in short. My SO is a peach and I love him for it. (Now if I could get him to take care of his health, we'd be set. lol)
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I tell him how much I weigh several times a week.....now that I am smaller....haaa...when I was at my biggest (174 lbs) he thought I was around '150ish'. I just let him believe that! LOL Seriously, he loves me for me not my weight.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My husband does not care. He just wants to like what he sees and he does not tie that to a number. Now, he is very supportive of my fitness goals and the fact that I'm bulking a bit right now doesn't bother him at all.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    In the sense that he judges me for my weight - not at all. When I started trying to lose weight, he kept telling me that I didn't need to, because I was "beautiful the way I was". I had to explain to him why I wanted to do this, and how determined I am to reach my goal, and he finally got on board with me and has been supportive ever since.

However, while it wasn't what I wanted to hear (or really still want to hear), it was nice knowing that he didn't expect some sort of change out of me, and that he liked me and my body the way it was.
  • KissandraAna
    Options
    He says he wouldnt care if i weighed 400 lbs, but we'll just see about that when i lose more weight lol.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

26197862.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I weigh like 15 lbs more than my husband and it really shows because he is almost a foot taller. He knows how much I weigh and he doesn't care.... It's whatever I want.. If I lose it I lose it, If I don't I don't.. but I am going too because I don't like the way it looks... :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    He told me I was beautiful and had his hands all over me constantly, even when I was pregnant, and when I was at my heaviest post-pregnancy weight. I am getting back in shape for myself, and yes, he IS proud of me, but I think it's because I've worked so hard. He doesn't know what I weigh, and I can't imagine why he would care. Our relationship is not based on looks or fitness goals. It's based on mutual respect, commitment, shared values, and a deep, abiding love.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    *edited* Oops, wrong response in the wrong thread.. :)

No, he doesn't really care. He used to point out extremely large women and say he hopes I never let myself go "that" much but truthfully, at my heaviest, I wasn't much smaller than some of those women he pointed out - he just didn't see it because he loves me. I was heavy when we met and was heavy when we married. He's proud of me for my weight loss but it doesn't matter to him either way, as long as I'm there and we're happy with each other.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    He has always told me that I look good to him and that he loves me, even before I lost any weight he would guess my weight at about 150-60. Of course being together I could see when he was attracted to someone (he was an ogler) it would be the complete opposite of me. They were all tiny. I'm 5'6" and I have a sturdy build with an hourglass shape. Not huge, or even overly flabby, but these dang thighs aaaaack!