guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    I do not understand Americans' obsession with guns. And yes, it's an obsession -- glancing over the replies here, we aren't talking about something sensible like about owning a rifle or two for hunting deer. No, we're talking about egotistical, fearful idiots who think they're Vigilante McJustice, when in reality they're one step removed from James Holmes.

What the hell are you so scared about that you need a gun to "protect" yourself from?

Here, let's look at some numbers. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm/
    Leading causes of death: Heart disease. Cancer. Hey, I'll give you some credit -- being this is a fitness site foremost, you're probably doing something about #1. Great. But the rest of that? Where do guns come in against these actual, legitimate threats to your life?

I hate to break it to you, but your gun is never going to protect you from your phobia(s). Sure, arm yourself to the teeth in the meantime -- I'm sure it makes you feel really, really tough. Great job, Rambo.

You're still a paranoid lunatic.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of not working my guns twice a week. Hulk no need weapons he uses his guns to SMASH!
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    However the question should read:

but, in one word, post whether you are "anti-constitution" or "pro-constitution" or "neither"
    it doesn't make someone anti-constitutional for being anti-weapons that shoot peoples faces in. no politics!

there are no weapons that "shoot peoples faces in"...PEOPLE shoot peoples faces in. And to ask about opinions on guns and then saying "no politics" or expecting people to simply give one word answers is unrealistic.
  • Tayloral6899
    Options
    Jt ...Ralphy...you. shoot your eye out! Only for. Sports
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Pro-gun

Anti-idiot

Hahahaha! Love it
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Pro gun
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I find this mind-boggling.

I live in the UK where we aren't allowed guns (except for some specific circumstances such as farmers with shotguns, etc).

We have, on average, 50 deaths from firearms per year in the entire country (we have 60 million inhabitants so a fifth of the US population).

Maybe some criminals have guns but I have never, in the UK, seen a pistol. I have seen the army carrying some weapons (I live near an army base) and some armed police at airports but that's it.

If someone wants to go mad/beserk and kill a load of people they have to do it with knives or some other manner.

It completely boggles my mind that people would want to own these things.

FYI, as of 2006, you are more than twice as likely to be a victim of knife crime in the UK as you are to be a victim of gun crime in the US.

the rate is much worse now, since UK knife crime is rising rapidly.

Ban knives in the UK!

Then forks, pens, pencils.... while we are at it lets just put them all in straight jackets... (I'm being facetious by the way)
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    PRO GUN!

My shotgun. : )

2684_1044935204465_327086_n.jpg

I love your gun! It is flippin spectacular!!!!
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    Pro_Gun_sticker.png
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pro!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Pro/anti gun always strikes me as over simplified. I'm a gun owner.

^^^This

although not a gun owner :)
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pro-Guns
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pro hand and hunting guns, anti assault rifles. Nobody needs a frigging assault rifle.
    879311 Posts: 60
    Options
    NO GUNS
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Pro Gun (I already answered) but for you guys who are anti-guns don't you think that regardless of whether or not there are guns out there people are going to find other ways to kill: knives, baseball bats, axes, anything that you can poke, stab or bludgeon with. Should we ban every single item that could be used against another person and cause harm or death?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I do not understand Americans' obsession with guns. And yes, it's an obsession -- glancing over the replies here, we aren't talking about something sensible like about owning a rifle or two for hunting deer. No, we're talking about egotistical, fearful idiots who think they're Vigilante McJustice, when in reality they're one step removed from James Holmes.

What the hell are you so scared about that you need a gun to "protect" yourself from?

Leading causes of death: Heart disease. Cancer. Hey, I'll give you some credit -- being this is a fitness site foremost, you're probably doing something about #1. Great. But the rest of that? Where do guns come in against these actual, legitimate threats to your life?

I hate to break it to you, but your gun is never going to protect you from your phobia(s). Sure, arm yourself to the teeth in the meantime -- I'm sure it makes you feel really, really tough. Great job, Rambo.

Your ignorance is baffling...
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    PRO GUNS

If there were no guns how would my family bond? And one person in that theater with a gun could have stopped that sicko before that many people died.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Pro hand and hunting guns, anti assault rifles. Nobody needs a frigging assault rifle.

Problem is...If you give the Anti-gun people an inch, they will take EVERY GUN.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

most people who own guns dont fall into the gun nut stereotype you are talking about. some people live in bad neighborhoods or have contact with wildlife. some live in seemingly safe areas but would rather be safe than sorry.