Overnight Oats...why didn't I do this sooner?!

Options

Replies

• mommyJto3
    mommyJto3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is what I ate this morning (but made last night)

Vanilla Coconut Oats

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup oat bran
    3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    2 tbsp shredded coconut

Mix together, throw in fridge. Taste the awesomeness in the morning. :)
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Sounds yum.

Bump.
  • lorigreg
    lorigreg Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't understand the "bump" thing... Anyone care to explain? :happy:

When you participate in a conversation, you can find it easier under "my topics" instead of searching through all the posts... by saying "bump" you've bumped it to "my topics" for later perusal
    Wouldn't it be so much easier if MFP supplied a way to mark a topic as favorite so we all don't have to see Bump.... bump.... conversation.... bump... conversation...bump...bump.... over and over again? Just sayin' :-)

So agree with you Jill! This is the first time I have heard this "bump" thing.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    Overnight Oats & tons of other great ideas: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

With pics!!

Yum!

awesome! thanks!
  • mommamills
    Options
    Someone else posted this one last year. I tried it and OMG, so good!

3/4 cup of rolled oats (not the quick cooking or instant oats)
    1/2 cup of canned pumpkin (the plain, unsweetened kind, not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (add more or less according to your tastes)
    2 splenda packets or sweetener of your choice

Mix everything except the oats in a smaller sized tupperware type of container. Whisk milk, pumpkin, splenda, and spices with a fork together until they are all blended into a unified orange liquid. Then add in oats and mix together until oats are fully coated with orange liquid.

Put oats in the fridge for a few hours (preferably overnight) or until the oats are soft. Then serve and eat. Can also be heated up,

this sounds delish for a brisk fall morning!!! yum!
  • mommamills
    Options
    can I just mention how much I'm really really hating people who post recipes without basic calorie content at the end? For me it makes me ignore potentially good ideas I might embrace. sorry..

Apology not accepted. You're on a website that orbits around a calorie counter - go count them yourself and help out some other people.

lol....agreed! makes it easier but I won't skip it because it's not there!
  • kwoodson94
    kwoodson94 Posts: 37
    Options
    Iguess I must be from Mars but I have never heard of this. It sounds great though. So, please excuse the questions, I am a novice, but this is NOT the steel oats, Right? Just the old fashioned oatmeal? And you mix up your favorite combo and refridgerate over night, then eat cold or warm? Thats it?
  • daloontoon
    Options
    I make mine with 1/2 c. Quick oats, 1c. Vanilla almond milk (from aldi's), 1 packet Splenda and 1/2 c of fruit. I put it in a mason jar in the fridge overnight. I usually make my next days jar after I eat my breakfast, but I've left them in for 4+ days and they were still good. You could make them for he week on Sunday night. Love, love this recipe. You can add any fruit fresh or frozen. I sometimes add a sprinkle of cinnamon too.
  • Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    saving for later!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Iguess I must be from Mars but I have never heard of this. It sounds great though. So, please excuse the questions, I am a novice, but this is NOT the steel oats, Right? Just the old fashioned oatmeal? And you mix up your favorite combo and refridgerate over night, then eat cold or warm? Thats it?

Yep - but I don't recommend heating them up. Just eat them cold. I have heard that you can use the steel-cut, but the texture might not be the best. Uncooked old-fashioned (non-instant) is what I would recommend.
  • STICKYFINGAHZ
    Options
    This sounds really Tasty, Thank you for sharing the Recipes!
  • lassisar
    lassisar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • JessicaG229
    JessicaG229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristenFit
    kristenFit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    can't decide which to try first
  • junnieYJ
    junnieYJ Posts: 6
    Options
    Bump
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    bump
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I posted a thread on this too! I LOVE this stuff! I put banana, honey, craisins, and cinnamon in mine! I use lactaid though. Yogurt was too tangy for me. XD
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Those sound good! I have made pumpkin overnight oats. So yummy! I will have to look for the recipe.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    gotta try some of these. thanks!