Lori_Henz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Water, with a lemon slice
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - water and coffee
    Lunch - water
    Dinner - if I am behaving, a diet soda or water...if I'm not behaving, lots of alcohol
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Water. And if I want something buzzy like at a bar, I guess I'll get like a bud light with lime, or a hienkin beer. Maybe wine depending on the type of place. Cus I'm boring.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    A wine spritzer. After a few of those I cave in and order vodka diet coke or 2.
    Shots are usually involved too, and I drink jager because I can deal with the taste.
    If I'm at work (I'm a bartender) I can make myself shots of water or coke so noone knows I'm not drinking, but when I'm out I'm out.
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    I do a flavored vodka, soda water and splash of sprite. :) Its pretty good. I like doing cherry vodka.
  • mandymccoll
    Options
    It depends on the type of night out I'm having, if I decide to go for a soft drink it's usually soda water and lime (preferably fresh lime rather than cordial). If I'm going out for a few drinks, I either drink vodka, soda and liime or gin and slim line tonic.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big drinker but one of my favorite patio restaurants has the best blue agave margaritas. Other than that, water or unsweetened tea with loads of lemon.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @ckametria: Kudos!! Regardless of your reasons, 7 years is an amazing accomplishment, congrats. :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I go out it usually depends on what is going on and my mood. I usually order water with lemon with a wide range of drinks. I am a rum or whiskey drinker which I normally just get on the rocks or it is a double with coke. Sailor Jerry is my favorite along with Captain Morgan, Jack Daniels and Jack Daniels Honey. If I go to Santa Fe steakhouse I will get several Redneck Teas and if Kayla is working the bar that night, she amps it up for me.
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic, extra lime, with diet tonic water. : )
  • bsudano
    bsudano Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just drink. I also have a life outside of health and fitness. Everything is not health and fitness. All drinks are between 100 and 200 calories. So, just order a beer and relax. Relaxing, having a beer, and socializing is OK.

Well said!

If I know I'll be going out, I try to have ~300 calories set aside for a couple of good craft beers (I wouldn't waste the calories on "light" or mass produced beer ;)

If I'm not drinking alcohol, my default is unsweetened iced tea with lemon, or sometimes club soda with lime.

I avoid sugary soda and diet soda like the plague (unless there's rum in it...)
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, interesting question. When in restaurant I usually order unsweetened tea, on top of purified water. But in terms of alcoholic bevs, i prefer gilbey's premium with green tea extract. yes, guilty!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    When I go "out", I order beer. And I like to try one that I've never had before. I'm going to a place that has a big selection of different craft beers on Thursday with a friend and I'm real excited about it.
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic with lime is my drink of choice, preferably with Hendrick's. But I do love to experiment. :drinker:
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just drink. I also have a life outside of health and fitness. Everything is not health and fitness. All drinks are between 100 and 200 calories. So, just order a beer and relax. Relaxing, having a beer, and socializing is OK.

Well said!

If I know I'll be going out, I try to have ~300 calories set aside for a couple of good craft beers (I wouldn't waste the calories on "light" or mass produced beer ;)

If I'm not drinking alcohol, my default is unsweetened iced tea with lemon, or sometimes club soda with lime.

I avoid sugary soda and diet soda like the plague (unless there's rum in it...)

I used to only drink Bud Light until my brother forced me to try different beers a couple years ago. Now I can hardly stomach Bud Light. If I'm going to drink beer, I want real beer.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    a fruity alcohol drink.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I generally leave drinking to when I'm home, and that is usually wine with my wife ... alcohol gets me off my game and I often regret eating too much afterwards ... don't get me wrong, I love to celebrate and enjoy the treats and meals ... just not on a regular basis ... thus when I'm out, it's usually diet soft drinks these days ...
  • MarilynJ6354
    MarilynJ6354 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary!