Talk to me about Lauging Cow cheese...

Options
12346»

Replies

• _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Does anyone else find the chick that does the commercials for Laughing Cow cheese creepy?

Her smile is eerie!
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Someone at work told me to try them recently. The cinnamon flavor is good on raisin bagel thins. The sundried tomato or queso chipotle is good on rye or wheat sandwich thins or wassa crisps. They are very creamy which makes them very different than standard cheese slices or anything like that but I think for the calories (max 45) it's worth a try as a substitute.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I put one wedge on 3 wasa crisp breads (20 calories each) and put a few almonds on top of each cracker! Yuuumy!
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just love the stuff!
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use this nearly EVERY day. LOVE the Queso flavor and the Sundried tomato. I use it with egg wraps, on plain chicken, tuna wraps, omelettes, just about everything. :)

^Yep. Great with cut up veggies or crackers or pretzels for a snack. Good on a bagel. Great on sandwich thins with egg, spinach and turkey bacon for breakfast. They have a cream cheese version too. You can get three packs at Costco and Sam's that are very affordable.Keeps my cheese cravings in check.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge cheese fan and I do like it, it's super creamy though and I go through phases, sometimes I want the creamy, sometimes I want something harder.

Lauren

edited to add: ooops did I say that? I meant a harder CHEESE...CHEESE.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    love them....i always have several boxes in the fridge at all times. Usually just do them with crackers or bread, but have heard all kinds of great stories about mixing them with stuff, so will definitely be trying that soon.
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Not my favorite cheese, i've tried it on a couple occassions. But then again i'm not a huge Brie lover either, i would rather enjoy an Old Sharp Cheddar or Edam or Havarti or my fav - Smoked Applewood Aged 2 years or more (which doesn't come in a light version)
  • tonyz4
    tonyz4 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think it's really good! It's super creamy & i love all the flavors they have. It's low in calories, but high in sodium (after all it IS processed cheese product). But I do eat it from time to time, spreading it on my breakfast sandwiches, or mixing it in when I make mashed potatoes :D

★M

I am definitly going to try that next time I make mash.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've tried French onion and garlic and herb. The French onion flavor is too light in my opinion but I LOVE to spread the garlic and herb one on a sandwich thin or a bagel for a smoked salmon sandwich/bagel. So yummy. I want some now.
  • jenlabney86
    Options
    I add it to everything! On hamburgers, in my eggs, broccoli and cheese, mac and cheese, with pretzels, and anything else that you could want cheese on! It's so good!!!!
  • jenlabney86
    Options
    Try the swiss on a flat out with a little chipolte sauce and then add honey turkey (Oscar Mayer brand) and bake at 350 for 12 minutes....It's AMAZING!!!
  • callmebryntax
    Options
    I loooooove the Garlic & Herb. The sundried tomato one though is vomit inducing though in my opinion! I haven't tried any of the other flavors.

seconded
  • bette6101
    bette6101 Posts: 3
    Options
    The garlic n herb is very good. I also like the Swiss. I find it taste the same as the weight watchers wedges.
  • reree6898
    reree6898 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you have an Aldi's near you but they have the same thing, same package design but its called Happy Farms and they have the light ones for 25 calories. I LOVE the plain light ones. I eat one or two of them daily. The ones from Aldi's are also close to half the price of the Laughing Cow ones as well.

Thanks! We have an Aldi here. I will have to look for those!

Your very welcome. I shop at Aldi's all the time, they also have a product line that is Fit & Active products that are wonderful too. :happy:
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't like the LC plain at all, but I really like the garlic and herb Light Laughing Cow. I LOVE cheese (probably too much!), and I don't consider this a replacement for my sharp cheddar, feta, etc. I would consider the LC more of a condiment. I use it as a replacement for mayo on a turkey sandwich (yummy, and I only use half a wedge), or with a snack of crackers and cucumbers. It gives me that "chips & dip" sensation of something crunchy, salty and creamy. It's also good on toast with an egg on top, but I don't think I'd eat it plain on toast.... I'd just use butter. lol.
  • vlynnvale
    vlynnvale Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use it constantly. Yes, get into it!
  • bette6101
    Options
    I'm a cheese junkie and it is yummy. Just be careful with what you spread in on. I use the garlic herb wedges on celery, carrots, and a spread on sandwiches, instead of cheese. Good luck!