Ladies: Best Way To Approach You In The Gym?

Options

Replies

• jaygregz
    jaygregz Posts: 104
    Options
    I wasn't going to comment on this thread until I saw the ad on the side of the screen.. So...

FUNNYSTUFF.png
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to comment on this thread until I saw the ad on the side of the screen.. So...

FUNNYSTUFF.png

As I stated in a previous post, the hands need to be on the *kitten*, nowhere else will do.
  • KittyMarie13
    Options
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to approach a girl who is in full make-up, hair done, matching outfit, and she's glancing around while casually RUNNING on a 3.5 setting on the treadmill. barely breaks a sweat, continues for 5 minutes, gets off, stretches for 25 minutes and then leaves.

THESE are the girls that are there to be hit on!!!

girls with serious sweat and a mission, you'd better not so much interrupt anything!!!

Thats fully unfair :( - like - **** blocking effing mean- kinda unfair.

I go to the gym in black and grey and baggy tank etc to lift and lift heavy and leave looking like Ive been gangbangeded. But I also am single and know that if I spend time doing the things I love to do, and working on goals that are important to me- then Im much more likely to run into men that are also doing what they love and working on goals that are important to them and those things will be similar to mine! So if a sexy guy walks up to me at the gym and starts a fitness-related conversation while Im waiting for a machine or getting water or signing in or waiting on the bathroom or im cooling down on the treadmill or stretching.... Im going to absolutely want to keep talking to him and hopefully he'll be leaving around the same time as me and we can GO GET A DAMN CHOCOLATE MILK

**** blockers. want men to assume that every chick in the gym is either a brainless flufftard or a married woman on the edge of her seat ready to man-bash.

yo there are normal friggin women in the middle still.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ...flufftard....

Okay, now that I got that out of my system. I agree with this ^^ and a couple other posts. I'd love it if a guy struck up conversation at the gym, especially if it came with any kind of compliment on my progress or how I have good form in my lifting. A guy at the gym approached my sister and I and told us he'd seen us training and that we were doing really good and he was impressed. He wasn't interested in either of us that way (he was a bit older), but it was just nice to hear that a beefed up regular had something nice to say to the gym newbies. Had he been closer to my age and interested, I'd've been all over that as long as he approached tactfully. Obviously don't interrupt an intense workout moment, just find the opportune moment.

And I'm probably one of those women that looks like I'd bite someone's head off. It's not that I would or even that I'm mad, it's that I'm not lifting pink dumbbells and swishing away on an elliptical with no resistance or incline. My face is flashing the mark of evil because I'm sore, tired, worn out, and I want nothing more than to rest and cool off. But that doesn't mean I won't be a civilized darling to any decent man with the balls to approach me. :)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Guy: Hey
    Girl: Hi
    Guy: You have great form.
    Girl: Thanks(as she slowly gets further and further away from you)

Or this

Guy: Hey
    Girl: Hi
    (do this once per gym session)x5
    then

Guy: Is that the new iphone(or whatever)
    Girl: Yea, i love it blah blah blah..
    BOOM convo started...

Sometimes ladies need warming up periods. Their creepdar is always up. :) your welcome lol
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It's the same as the difference between flirting and sexual harassment. If you are hot, it's flirting. If not, it's sexual harassment. I don't think anyone would mind a hot guy or girl hitting on them. Now the creepy looking guy who stares and has nothing clever to say...not so much. I also have this to add...if you aren't there to get hit on, stop dressing like you are!
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've lifted weights for a long time and I like to think I've got good form and I love when I guy is confident enough to ask me for a spot..that means he's seen you work out, he knows you know your stuff and if nothing else he can do a set with a little less weight and see how I react and then go from there..and of course you're either touching him, leaning into him or bending over him..that's a win all around :happy:

It's the most bad *kitten* thing a guy can do in a gym..trust me to watch his back.. hasn't happened in a while cause a lot of guys I've met here seem to think it's a knock on their manhood to have a female spotting them..but it's awweeesssooomeee!!

And I've seen some comments on people looking angry in the gym and as far as I've seen, it's focus not anger..I may not want to discuss global politics at the gym but I don't mind talking about the game that was on last night..that's a part of what makes working out with other people more fun!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    Walk up them them holding your junk and in your best Tony Montana voice scream, "Say halllo to my lil frend"

This is how I met my wife. Well, I call her my wife. The courts call her "woman I must remain 500m from at all times", but that is just semantics.

lmao!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    holy fvck worst advice ever. PSA: MEN DO NOT APPROACH A WOMAN IN A PARKING LOT.

that is the worst thing ever, and makes us feel unsafe.

But its so much easier to wait for you in the parking lot!

hide behind her car... and just as she unlocks the door hop in the passenger side. :) works every time! AND you get a ride home!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add, women love guys that draw attention to themselves. Look at nature, it's always the bird with the most vibrant and colorful feathers which finds its mate. Buy spaghetti strap tops so your nipples hang out a bit and grunt very loud when doing all your lifts. That way they know you're top dog. Nothing sets off the pheremones like a sweaty meat head.

Result? The women approach you. Flawless strategy broski.

Ya just the visual I wanted this afternoon...:tongue:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

hide behind her car... and just as she unlocks the door hop in the passenger side. :) works every time! AND you get a ride home!

Genius!

I'm so doing this later.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    "YOu look serious. What program are you doing?"
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me- my workout time is my ME time, personal and I'm there to get SWEATY, not pick of guys, although I do know of gyms where girls come in full makeup and everything! If its one of those girls go ahead and try and hit on her, if she comes in no makeup (makeup + sweat = eww), hair in a messy bun and some sweats she is probably serious about her workout and doesn't want to get hit on.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Genius!

I'm so doing this later.

that's how i plan to nab husband number 2 assuming my husband really does plan to divorce me if i lose too much booty. LOL hopefully that won't be the case, but you never know. ha! ;)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like being approached unless the conversation seems like he is not picking me up AND if it's a topic that is interesting to me.

I'm training for a Triathlon so anything about this subject is appealing to me.

Also, if someone comments on a piece of equipment: HRM watch or brand of shoe, I won't mind telling them how I like the product and my personal opinions on them. Again, it has to sound that you are genuinely interested in the object, not me. Ask the question, acknowledge my answer, then walk away.

Next time we meet in the gym, I will acknowledge you and say hi. Maybe something will develop from there.
  • AMIG2008
    AMIG2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't stare at women and don't hit on them in the gym! You are manking them feel self conscious, and they are there to focus on themselves, not think about anyone around them. A lot of women use the workout as a stress reliever, and you are just taking away from her busy day and the workout she probably depends on to be able to function. Find a woman in a place where they are looking for someone, that is NOT a gym. You may say hi and smile, but dont stare, and stop there. If a woman is interested, she may look at you a lot and MAYBE when she is all done with her workout and showered, etc, you can try small talk on her wait out at th desk or something, but don't be pushy.
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't personally think it's a bad idea to approach someone ANYWHERE if there is a mutual attraction going on. If she is glancing at you a lot, she obviously notices you. Why wouldn't you want to be with someone who has the same lifestyle you do? The best way to approach her is to just approach her! Say "hi" to her, ask her to spot you, just strike up conversation. Some women will never make the first move!

Life is too short not to take chances.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    One thing you do NOT do is ..... Ask some random person that you had seen talking to her; "Do you know her? Is she a cougar?" because the person you maybe asking could turn out to be that woman's 16 year old son!!!!
    True Story!!!! :huh:

HAHA!!! ROTFLOL!! That is too funny! What did the son say in response?
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    Estrogen levels are at its highest while working out; catch me in between sets or be a gentleman &spot me, yo!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Guess I am the weird girl in the room because I don't mind at all if a guy comes up to talk to me at the gym. I like when they come to the machine next to me and just strike up conversation. To me it shows they are fearless. Sure you could wait till I leave the gym but to me that's creepy and I think you were too wussy to talk to me earlier.
    To prevent being rude just say "Hey, I don't mean to interrupt your workout, but I saw you from across the room and you caught my eye. You look like you are going strong in your workout, but I would love to hear from you." Slip me your number and tada! Not only have you energized my workout by making me feel all good on the inside, but I will call/text you haha.
    Or "I heard you fart during your benchpress. That's some really good intensity."

You are a real charmer, aren't you! LOL
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    It's the same as the difference between flirting and sexual harassment. If you are hot, it's flirting. If not, it's sexual harassment. I don't think anyone would mind a hot guy or girl hitting on them. Now the creepy looking guy who stares and has nothing clever to say...not so much. I also have this to add...if you aren't there to get hit on, stop dressing like you are!

Maybe I sound like a conceited *kitten*, but I get hit on no matter what I'm wearing. I've gotten hit on with no makeup and sweats on, and I've been hit on in my cute matching work out clothes. It does not matter. Like I said before, nobody goes anywhere with the sole purpose of getting hit on, besides maybe girls night out at the bar or something. If you're polite and respectful, I see nothing wrong with being friendly and striking up a conversation, then letting chemistry go from there. And regardless of what a guy looks like, if he crosses the decency line, it's creepy.

Also, I'm not too comfortable with the whole "if you aren't there to get hit on, stop dressing like you are" thing. That's the same logic people use when saying a rape victim "had it coming" because she was wearing a mini-skirt or something.