Called fat by a stranger.

Options

Replies

• bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Mean people suck! You go on and keep making your life better. With the attitude that kid has, his will only get harder.

I'm sorry someone was mean to you. I've been called names and it hurt even though I'm grown woman and know better. Sticks and stones and all that... :heart:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My roommate had an old saying for times like this:

"I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet"
  • melmur3
    melmur3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would go with the Winston Churchill response in this situation. "Yes, sir, I am overweight today, but I can lose my weight. You, however, will always be a *kitten*."
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    These children are our future.... sighs...
  • EmilyJaneRigali
    Options
    I've been asked when I was "due" about 5 times in my life. every time i had to say "ummm.... i'm not due......." one time i even had a customer at my job say "ohhh ohhh!! i'm really good at guessing... it's a boy isn't it." i was mortified.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This sounds horrible, but I would have cussed the little *kitten* out.
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    karma will get them. im proud of you for walking in the park. use this as motivation to get even thinner! :D theres a plus side to everything

and yes ive been called fat to my face from my grandfather as well as by a group of teenage boys who shouted "YOU'RE UGLY!!!"
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yep, once I was working out in my BACK YARD, There's a creek behind it, and then there's another neighborhood on the other side of the creek... I was at my start weight. I was working my a** off, my baby was in his pack n play.. Then I hear some obnoxious a**hole yell out "YOU'RE STILL FAT, B****!!!" Completely ruined my mood but did not ruin my determination. I'm now down 91 pounds and counting so they can kiss my less fat a**!
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Yep, once I was working out in my BACK YARD, There's a creek behind it, and then there's another neighborhood on the other side of the creek... I was at my start weight. I was working my a** off, my baby was in his pack n play.. Then I hear some obnoxious a**hole yell out "YOU'RE STILL FAT, B****!!!" Completely ruined my mood but did not ruin my determination. I'm now down 91 pounds and counting so they can kiss my less fat a**!

That's AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work! :) I used my anger as motivation. My HR was up to about 170 after that...haha...either from walking or being pissed. And it stayed between 160-174 the rest of the time. lol...maybe people should call me fat more often
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Did you guys see what those teenagers did to that school bus assistant?? Hell people raised over $500,000 for her.. Some kids are Despicable. They make you want to take their heads off. I really hate to see what it will be like 10 years from now. My mom used to say " Girl people talk about Jesus Christ, don't pay them no mind" It is hard but stay confident. Some people dislike themselves so much they make attempts to bring you down. They don't know who they are.
  • CassieD2008
    CassieD2008 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've gotten called fat by many people....you just get up and move on. I've realized that nobody's opinion matters except for your own. Like you said, at least you are doing something about it!
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I can't believe they said that to you! I'm only 17, but never in my life have I EVER said anything like that to anyone else, and I never would. Don't let this deter you from having kids. The kids didn't just happen to be the way they are, they were raised that way or have been affected by other children who were raised poorly. & I agree with you, there are plenty of them out there. When I was at my biggest (150 pounds, doesn't sound heavy, but I'm only 4'11), a young girl (probably no older than 12) asked me if I was pregnant while I was at work. Her mom smacked the daylights out of her for that, and then told her never to say anything like that to a stranger. It hurt my feelings, but the mom was obviously shocked. She probably learned the rude behavior from other children.
    My mom used to be 270 pounds and got made fun of all the time. She had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago and now weighs 150 pounds.
    Use it as motivation and take any negativity with a grain of salt!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

That's AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work! :) I used my anger as motivation. My HR was up to about 170 after that...haha...either from walking or being pissed. And it stayed between 160-174 the rest of the time. lol...maybe people should call me fat more often

Why thank you :blushing: Haha that's the best thing to do! I wish they could see me now, lol I'm half the person I was then. Consider it harsh motivation? I don't know, I was so pissed off at the moment I wished they were closer so I could smack them. I'm glad you spoke your mind to them and big props to you for exercising outside knowing she shi**y people are out there.
  • tatiannahayako
    Options
    my little brother calls me fat. but i use it as motivation and what's funny is that even though he calls me fat he motivates me to do push ups with him and sit ups and workout every morning... so i guess it not that bad.lol oh and he's 9.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    That little kid is an *kitten* and he shouldn't have said that...but YOU ROCK because you probably scared the holy hell out of him lol
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It amazes me how poorly some people raise their children and teach them to be heartless and cruel. I would never have disrespected someone like that. Not then, not now, not ever. For gooness sake, at 24 I still won't even say "crap" in front of my parents :)
  • Hou_LH
    Hou_LH Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just tell him that you can't fix stupid. I have been called fat so many times to my face that I have lost count. It's gotten to the point when someone calls me fat I just say," really? Is that the best insult you can come up with?! Your parents were brother and sister, weren't they?"

Love it. Some people just don't have anything better to do than try and make others feel bad because it somehow makes them feel good. You can't control what THOSE type of people say and do but you can control your reaction and response. Just know that their opinions don't actually matter.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't let a young, immature, and rude kid tear you down. Good for you for getting your exercise in!! Just keep your head up and keep doing you. Remember all of us on MFP here cheering you on and supporting you! :flowerforyou:
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Once (when I weighed about 30 lbs less than I do now), I was walking into the grocery store when this guy drives his car up ON TO THE SIDEWALK right by where I was was walking. He stumbles out, reeking of booze, red in the face, big ol' beer gut hanging over his pants, and staggers up to the ATM. I raised my eyebrows at him, and he turns to me and slurs "What? Chubby!". I was kinda flabbergasted for a few minutes, but once I got past that, I was terribly amused that such an abject loser was insulting ME. My point is, the kind of people who will insult a stranger without provocation are generally the people whose opinions matter LEAST.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    To bad being stupid isn't painfull, maybe they would wisen up!