No More Excuses - Week 6

Options

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I had the ultrasound, and boy let me tell you that girl pushed on my pelvic area something horrible. It hurt so bad. I was laying there to myself let me do this to you when you are in pain and push on you like that. I won't find out the results until tomorrow afternoon I hope. I have totally blew it for today calorie wise, stress eating again, I seriously have got to stop running to food every time I am stressed. I need to find another way to blow off stress!!!!

At least the tests are over, but I hate the waiting. Let us know when you find out. I don't have any advice about the stress eating because I do the same thing. It is hard not to. Try not to worry and we will keep you in our prayers:smile:

thank you so much. and I hate waiting, so not patient when it comes to that.
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey folks.

It's Friday yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (for me anyway, you guys will get here soon :laugh: ). It has been such a long week I am so glad it's over! I have a fun weekend coming up as well - my chinese friend has invited me to his parents house to learn how to make traditional dumplings on Saturday which will be fun. I will need to cram in a workout in the morning to make sure I can eat them!

I have been under calories all week - actually probably a bit too under as there have been a couple of days I haven't even hit 1200. It's so bizarre how some weeks I am ravenous and others I struggle to eat even the minimum, I don't understand at all as it doesn't seem to be related to my cycle. It probably won't do me any harm to be under this week but I am going to try and even it out next week as I don't want to get in a habit of undereating.

Laura - my thoughts are with you and I hope that all turns out well :flowerforyou:

Tammy - I am SO proud of you!!! Well done!!! Doesn't it feel amazing? I love this program, I never thought I would be able to run 20 mins.

Ann - if you are looking for a natural remedy you could try Valerian. I have trouble sleeping sometimes and find it really helpful. In NZ it is sold with the vitamins and herbal supplements, I guess the same in the states?

Dragonfly - I love the pic too! I agree, and sugarfree sweets is a great idea, wish I could find some of those here!

Amanda - you are SO motivated that I am sure you will get through the Christmas period just fine. Maybe you can make your workouts fun family games or something like that? Enlist the family - my little brother has already agreed to go running with me when I am home to keep me motivated and I plan on taking some soccer balls etc camping with me so I can get everyone up and about for a while.

littlebigbird - CONGRATS on running 10mins that's great! I totally understand how awesome that feels as until this week the longest I ran was 8 mins. (we also say chuffed in NZ, or maybe just me as my Mum is British :laugh: )

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hey folks.

It's Friday yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (for me anyway, you guys will get here soon :laugh: ). It has been such a long week I am so glad it's over! I have a fun weekend coming up as well - my chinese friend has invited me to his parents house to learn how to make traditional dumplings on Saturday which will be fun. I will need to cram in a workout in the morning to make sure I can eat them!

I have been under calories all week - actually probably a bit too under as there have been a couple of days I haven't even hit 1200. It's so bizarre how some weeks I am ravenous and others I struggle to eat even the minimum, I don't understand at all as it doesn't seem to be related to my cycle. It probably won't do me any harm to be under this week but I am going to try and even it out next week as I don't want to get in a habit of undereating.

Laura - my thoughts are with you and I hope that all turns out well :flowerforyou:

Tammy - I am SO proud of you!!! Well done!!! Doesn't it feel amazing? I love this program, I never thought I would be able to run 20 mins.

Ann - if you are looking for a natural remedy you could try Valerian. I have trouble sleeping sometimes and find it really helpful. In NZ it is sold with the vitamins and herbal supplements, I guess the same in the states?

Dragonfly - I love the pic too! I agree, and sugarfree sweets is a great idea, wish I could find some of those here!

Amanda - you are SO motivated that I am sure you will get through the Christmas period just fine. Maybe you can make your workouts fun family games or something like that? Enlist the family - my little brother has already agreed to go running with me when I am home to keep me motivated and I plan on taking some soccer balls etc camping with me so I can get everyone up and about for a while.

littlebigbird - CONGRATS on running 10mins that's great! I totally understand how awesome that feels as until this week the longest I ran was 8 mins. (we also say chuffed in NZ, or maybe just me as my Mum is British :laugh: )

thank you so much!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I had the ultrasound, and boy let me tell you that girl pushed on my pelvic area something horrible. It hurt so bad. I was laying there to myself let me do this to you when you are in pain and push on you like that. I won't find out the results until tomorrow afternoon I hope. I have totally blew it for today calorie wise, stress eating again, I seriously have got to stop running to food every time I am stressed. I need to find another way to blow off stress!!!!

Glad that is over for you, I hate tests and I hate the waiting part even worse. If you feel like sharing, would love to hear what you find out! Praying for you! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey folks.

Amy, don't worry about your calories being low this week. I have been eating them for you! :laugh: JK! You had better start eating girl. I know what you mean about some weeks, lately I have been hungry, hungry, hungry! Then for a couple of weeks, I don't feel like eating. It is weird, but I get it.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! Well Darn it....Already blew it today....One of my employees brought in donuts... SHOOT!!!! Oh well, I will eat right the rest of the day and it will be okay!!!! The sad thing is......I didn't even REALLY enjoy the donut!

Our MS Band concert was awsome last night. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful MS Band/Choir Director. I could only wish that we had such a great one at the HS. Unfortunately none of the kids want to continue because she is so bad! We are praying for a change for the better!

Tonight it is off to watch our community Christmas Play. We have such talented actors here in the valley that it is fun to watch the productions. The standards are set very high for all productions from Childrens Theatre in the summer to HS during the year, and the on going Community Theatre. Our youngest has been involved in several. I wish he could have done the Christmas one but with Sports, and school work, there is just not enough time. Then tomorrow it is off to Denver. Have to take my mom to the airport to go visit with my sister in California! I am going to really try to make smart choices on food the next few days. When you aren't at home, it seems so hard. Especially since my husband can eat anything and everything and stays a bean pole!!!! The scale showed a little increase this morning so I need to get to concentrating on what I am putting in my mouth!

Everyone have a super fantastic FRIDAY!!!!!

Ann
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've just caught up on everyone's posts.

Laura - I'm thinking of you and hoping everything turns out well for you. Waiting is almost the worst part isn't it?

Ann - if you stuck to one doughut, you definitely haven't blown it so don't fret. Enjoy the play and may the scales be kinder tomorrow!

Amy - pass your spare calories this way please. :laugh: No - seriously - I think you're right that we all have more and less hungry weeks, although sometimes we have to wait a while for a less hungry one to come along. :wink:

It's my birthday today and I've just done a great treadmill session so I'll have enough calories to enjoy the Turkish meal we're going out for (chicken shish and loads of salad) and some popcorn at the cinema. We may not get a white Christmas over here, but I've got a white birthday this year. Not a lot of snow - but enough to make even London look pretty! :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead and nobody's too stressed out by last minute Christmas arrangements.

Alison xx
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Alison......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU>>>>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!! You should be very grateful that you can't "hear" me. I can't carry a tune in a basket! :sick:

Hope you have a wonderfully fantastic day!!!!

Ann
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good morning fellow team! My scale also showed an increase this morning and I am not pleased and a little surprised. I thought I had been doing pretty good with only a few lapses so we will see what Sunday brings.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birhtday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday dear Allison, happy birthday! :flowerforyou:

Now the fat lady has sung! :laugh:
  • yvonneh
    Options
    Happy Birthday Alison! Enjoy your dinner!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning fellow team! My scale also showed an increase this morning and I am not pleased and a little surprised. I thought I had been doing pretty good with only a few lapses so we will see what Sunday brings.

Ya know.....I remember reading or hearing or something that it takes about 1 week for your body to reflect what you have eaten. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is......that would explain a lot sometimes. I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!

Also.....I tried my Melatonin again last night. I didn't wake up until 5 this morning. Felt a little restless during the night, but am going to keep at it and maybe it will kick in!!! Thanks for all the advise on it!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Ya know.....I remember reading or hearing or something that it takes about 1 week for your body to reflect what you have eaten. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is......that would explain a lot sometimes. I guess we will just have to wait and see!!!

Also.....I tried my Melatonin again last night. I didn't wake up until 5 this morning. Felt a little restless during the night, but am going to keep at it and maybe it will kick in!!! Thanks for all the advise on it!

I am glad you got some rest last night! Hope you are sleeping un-like a baby soon. I never could why they say sleep like a baby, none of my babies ever slept! :yawn:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday evening ya'll...I had trouble getting on MFP this morning and have been running all day so this is the first chance I had to get on. I had to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Every year I say I'm going to be ready early and once again I am NOT. We were supposed to go to Charleston to see the Christmas lights and camp this weekend, but it is sleeting and freezing with high winds so we cancelled. We have gone every year since 1994. Hopefully we will get to go down for the day on New Year's Eve and see the lights. I ran out of time today so I missed my Jillian's 30 Day Shred DVD. Now the family wants to watch a Christmas movie and won't give up the TV and the den floor, oh well maybe tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Alison...Today is my husband's birthday as well. We tried to take him out to dinner but the roads got bad and everything started closing early. We will have to take him tomorrow. Happy Birthday to you!

Amanda...My kids never slept all night either. My youngest still doesn't sometimes:smile:
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes everyone. We had a yummy meal and then went to see St Trinian's 2 which was just releasd in the cinemas here today. It was a good fun, brain-cell free film aimed at youngsters, so my girls loved it . . . and I was able to oggle 2 of my favourite actors with impunity . . . even more delicious than the meal!! :laugh:

Happy Birthday to Tammy's husband too. I hope you manage to get out and celebrate tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow is my younger daughter's 16th birthday so we really have a fun-packed weekend. Woo hoooo!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well I have hit another plateau. I had lost a quick pound and a half early in the week, but haven't lost anything since. Only down a pound for the week right now.

On a good note, I exercised all 5 days this week, and I am thinking about going for a 6th tomorrow. I have a big Xmas party to go to, so I will need a bunch of extra calories. Are we suppose to log alchohol calories? :-D I didn't see a place for that. Would that be considered a snack?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay team I have let my guard slip today. I have decided to just concentrate on being good until the 26th and then I will get back on in full force. There is just too many goodies laying around that aren't around all the rest of the year. I feel like a failure but obviously don't want to change it. I seriously doubt I will even hit my first December goal which was to get to 157.5. I seen it once this month and haven't seen it since. That is okay, I will not quit, just relax a bit.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ya'll...The roads are clearing up here. We ended up with just about an inch of ice but about 15 miles north of here they got 4-5 inches of snow. I just finished the first day of Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I can feel it already. I'm sure I'll be sore. I was amazed at how fast my heart rate got up. I was sweating profusely as my husband says. I think I will enjoy it. Some other people said they log it as circuit training.

Amanda...Don't stress. Look at how far you've come and be proud. I think everybody lets their guard down a little during the holiday season. After all, we are only here once so enjoy yourself. I am trying to watch where I can, but I'm not going to do without the extra treats that I want either:smile:

Good luck to everybody tomorrow on our weigh-in. I don't expect to see much change as I have been eating a little too much this week!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All!!! Gosh I was lost all day because we weren't around a computer so I didn't get to check in with you all. I can't believe how addicted I am to you guys!!!! ;0

We had to take my mom to Denver today and Catch a flight to California. She made it safe and we are safe at home as well. All is good!!!!

Having to be out, we ate at A & W.....we don't have one here so take advantage when we find one! Had a burger and only a couple of fries and I was stuffed. That was a good feeling. I don't know where I am on calories so I am going to try and figure it out to see if I can have dinner of some sort!!! Tomorrow is Football Sunday so we always have munchies then.

Amanda, I am with you, if we can make it to the 26th, and not go way over board, keep our excercise up, then I think we are doing pretty darn good. I am not hopeful for tomorrows weigh in as the scale has not looked good the last couple of mornings.

I did accomplish 5 days at Curves this week. That was great for me! I haven't done the 5 min run every day but just about every other or so. I will continue to try and do this. I think my goal for next week is to WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING. I have really fallen down on the job of keeping track. I have a good mind to make my log public so you all can get on me when I am not doing it!!!!

Well I am exhausted as we were on the road at 5:30 this morning so I think I better figure my calories and head to bed.

Oh yeah.....take my Melitonin first!!! ;) See I am remembering better!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Well team it is 9 pm here and another week is over. I have no idea where it went and I know tomorrow the scale will be up but that is okay, life is happening. Happy Sunday everyone!!