Large Framed Women

Replies

• raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Can you invite me please!

I just want you to know I love you all! I've always been the tall/broad girl. Big hands, big feet, never petite! You all are beautiful and it makes me so happy to see that there are so many wonderful gals in the same boat as me!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Being large boned or large framed is hard enough but adding the weight seems to make it so much worse.
    Im 6' tall and have huge hands (size 11 ring) and equally large feet (size 11-12) I have trouble with anything
    long sleeve because Im broad thru the shoulders and need to buy my jeans all in "tall" otherwise they look
    like Im expecting a flood.

I have an easy 100# to lose and have chosen this group here at MFP to aid in support and encouragement.

Thanks for adding me....

(Ive lost just a spit more than 20 lbs in the last 3 weeks)
  • Taryn1627
    Taryn1627 Posts: 120
    I'm 5'3'' and my goal weight is 180. For my height the "ideal" weight is like 120...There is NO way that is happening!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    i'm in! my BMI says healthy is 125-165. i weighed 125 in 6th grade and wasn't fat. sigh.
  • Emily_violin
    Emily_violin Posts: 4 Member
    Add me please! I am considered a large frame and although I have already made my bmi and weight goal, I am going to make new goals. :) I also felt bad about those posts about the 5'5" (which is how tall I am) ladies weighing 135... Thanks for this great idea!
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Large Framed here too.

SW: 318.8lbs

CW: 311.6lbs

GW: 185-200?lbs
  • Add please! I am going to post a picture here if you don't mind... this is me at 180, and I had a bit of a tummy that you can't see because of the way I'm facing, but I don't look fat! I felt and looked normal at that weight! normal for my body frame. Aiming for 160 because I think I can be in better shape than that picture and I want to be as physically active as possible.

There's no "right" weight, only healthy for you!

m_a9d3181ad6f1347e98a8618cde36b459.jpg
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I'm 6'2, SW 285-CW 268-GW 200? I am so tall and have a large frame, but my doctor said he thinks I should weigh 200lbs. I'm thinking more like 225, but who knows. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

I would like an invite too, please!
  • Wow! Thankful to read all the responses on here. Can I be added to the group?
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    wow this makes me so happy! i'm 5'5" and i have been a 'big girl' all my life. My family/friends say "you're not fat, you're just
    bigger-ish, you don't need to lose weight though, you're just broad" and it turns into this awkward conversation of them trying to evaluate that i'm not fat, just 'big'. LOL

I never understood this. When people guess my weight they always say something like 140/145. I actually weigh 160 lbs, my biggest at 167.

My goal weight is 145.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    I want to join too! Back when I was 188 pounds people always thought I weighed less. I have very muscular legs and arms and I know I could never be tiny. Height: 5' 4" Starting weight: 278 CW: 263 GW 175 but we'll see. I went for a physical before I lost weight previously and the doctor looked at her BMI chart and told me it isn't right for everyone and 145 is plenty low for my build.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    I went for a physical before I lost weight previously and the doctor looked at her BMI chart and told me it isn't right for everyone and 145 is plenty low for my build.

My BMI is consistently overweight throughout my life, and my doctor has always brushed it off, saying that i don't have to worry about it at all, that i don't need to lose weight. i have yet to get my physical this year, we'll see what she says
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    I've been told that I'm a large framed person...but that's by my father. I don't honestly know...

CW- 197
    SW- 235
    I'd like to get to 160

Right now I'm a size 10
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Can I get an invite? =)

Same!!!
  • jayne12469
    jayne12469 Posts: 52 Member
    I'd love an invite, please!

Just joined MFP last week after checking in with my doctor on my 3-month blood work...and the results weren't even close to what we were hoping for.

43 years old, 5' 3" and SW 268. I laugh when my health care professionals put me on the scale and try to start with the big weight at 150...and they are stunned when I move it up to 250. My first goal is to get my blood glucose under control...then moving on to my GW of 170.

Tracking my food on the diary has definitely been a real eye-opener for me...and just what I needed to begin this journey to better health!
  • Wow. Today is day 1, and i am in shock at how honest this site is!!! What i thought was a healthy restaurant choice was the highest over all! I wanted to see how i did on normal eating and needless to say I need to adjust my choices.
    Large Framed Woman describes me to a T....I am 5'2.5" and very large boned, I am not willing to admit my weight at this point beings that i am on day 1, but like many of you I have not set my gw at the standard chart, I am setting it at 150, I just feel that the standard for my height at 125 would make me look emaciated and frankly I like curves....my standard saying is that I have an hour glass figure, its just a 3 hour glass figure instead of a 1 hour glass!
    I want to do this so I don't hurt anymore when I move, I want to be active and actually be able to breath through it. And there are so many more reasons, but feeling better is the main goal!
  • puddies01
    puddies01 Posts: 17
    I am 5'5 and large boned. When I was 175 I wore a size 10/12. I look healthy at that weight. I wish I weighed that now! I would like to eventually get down to 150. I would like to be added to the group, Too. Thanks! :)
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    I'd like to join!
    I'm 5"10, I'm pretty sure I have a large frame... my goal is similar, anyway, about 175 lbs. I know it sounds kinda spiteful, and yes this is an extreme exaggeration coming up :p, but it kills me to watch people celebrate hitting their goal of 115, when I know that I will probably only weigh that much when I'm dead and nothing but a skeleton is left of me.
    (ETA: CW is 236)
  • Bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    having a large frame is not a good enough excuse for me to have more body fat than is healthy/than i'd like. my goal weight is 140-145 which would put me at 18-20% body fat. i'll probably end up being a size 6 or maybe a 4 at that weight