Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* This thread is some serious motivation and hope! All you moms look amazing!!

Agreed!!! It's got me ready to go workout but i can't because im at work!!! Gotta wait til i get home! But everyone looks amazing and it shows that i can do it too!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have six kids. No c-sections, but I gained 50-60lbs per baby. The last four babies were 9+ pounds. I did not get stretch marks with the first three kids, but then the last three, just tore my skin up. And having my last child at age 39, I did not lose the weight until I actually worked it off. I got more stretch marks with her and loose hangy skin.

My tummy is not perfect, but it is a lot better.

This is me 1 year after she was born. I never had baby weight one year later, but I did with my 6th child.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me at the beach two weeks ago. I am on the right. You can see my stretch marks and when I bend over, I do still have some loose skin, but it is not crazy bad.
    2012-07-01_11-40-38_830.jpg

I think getting my body fat below 20% helped a lot. I also dry brush my skin, apply coconut oil, do planks, and ab vacuums

Wow you look amazing! Do you do any o0ther workout routines like cardio? (What do you mean by dry brushing your skin? And what is an Ab vacuum? I would give anything to look like you do after 6 kids!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba, BUT, I kind of customize my class to be a full body workout. I have a lot of moms in my class, and our schedules are so busy, we do not have time to spend hours in the gym. So, I do a lot of squats, brazil butt lift moves, hand weights, planks, ab vacuums. All my muscles that I have are from my class. I use to weight lift, so I know how to work areas. My class is cardio and calisthenic weight training.

Dry brushing is a huge brush made for your skin. I had a female competitor tell me to do it. You can buy one of those brushes at Walmart where the loofahs are. It is suppose to make your skin regenerate.

Ab vacuums is working your transverse abs (just like planks) and that pulls your abs in. You can do crunches and get a 6 pack, but the ab vacuums and planks actually pull in your abs. I do not do crunches, I do a lot of "hip hop" abs moves...like lots of hip pumping, so that is like mini crunches. Youtube Ab vacuums. I can not do them like they can on there, but I am getting a lot better.

Your tummy may not look like pre-baby, but it can improve...no need to get discouraged. :happy:
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I look very close to your before picture as well. Can you tell me a little bit about your calorie intake and how long it took you? Also, I'm finding the more abs I do the more my tummy sticks out so I've cut it out completely except planks. Also my pooch gets smaller but my measurement isn't changing. Did that every happen to you? Like between your first and second picture your tummy is clearly narrower and smaller, and mine did the same thing, but it still stuck out just as far in the middle! Ugh!
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg
    576100_4346055448751_1645270636_n.jpg

This seriously gives me major motivation thank you soooo much!!!!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    I look very close to your before picture as well. Can you tell me a little bit about your calorie intake and how long it took you? Also, I'm finding the more abs I do the more my tummy sticks out so I've cut it out completely except planks. Also my pooch gets smaller but my measurement isn't changing. Did that every happen to you? Like between your first and second picture your tummy is clearly narrower and smaller, and mine did the same thing, but it still stuck out just as far in the middle! Ugh!
    The top photo is my before and afters from January to March of this year. I have had 3 c-sections...TWINS 2007, singleton 2008, singleton 2011. The bottom photo is my CURRENT photo. I started Insanity in April but I got lazy during Recovery Week. I'm currently doing my "first" run with Insanity and pushing super hard this time around. I hope this is helpful.

front.jpg
    576100_4346055448751_1645270636_n.jpg

I actually do NOT keep track of my calorie intake as well as I should. I'm 5'1 (1/2 lol) and I just made 24 on the first of June so the amount of calories I should be intaking is 1750 but I either go way over or way under depending on what I feel like eating. My poison of choice for my exercise routine is Insanity. It just melts everything because its nonstop craziness! I love it! Any kind of HIIT routine you choose to do melts the fat like butter. I do still have a tiny bit of unflattering flab right above my scar that I'm sure will start to disappear with more hard work. My husband said if I bust *kitten* for an entire year with no luck of making it go completely away...he will pay for my TT to finish what I've been working so hard to accomplish.
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    I still have the shelf and have been back down to my pre-preggo weight and even lighter and still had the pooch. (I had a c-section) almost 4 years ago and it's still there.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    I have six kids. No c-sections, but I gained 50-60lbs per baby. The last four babies were 9+ pounds. I did not get stretch marks with the first three kids, but then the last three, just tore my skin up. And having my last child at age 39, I did not lose the weight until I actually worked it off. I got more stretch marks with her and loose hangy skin.

My tummy is not perfect, but it is a lot better.

This is me 1 year after she was born. I never had baby weight one year later, but I did with my 6th child.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me at the beach two weeks ago. I am on the right. You can see my stretch marks and when I bend over, I do still have some loose skin, but it is not crazy bad.
    2012-07-01_11-40-38_830.jpg

I think getting my body fat below 20% helped a lot. I also dry brush my skin, apply coconut oil, do planks, and ab vacuums
    OMG!!!! You look amazing for SIX kids and also to be 40 years old! Please pass the aging process to me!! You are seriously one hot momma!! :D
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba, BUT, I kind of customize my class to be a full body workout. I have a lot of moms in my class, and our schedules are so busy, we do not have time to spend hours in the gym. So, I do a lot of squats, brazil butt lift moves, hand weights, planks, ab vacuums. All my muscles that I have are from my class. I use to weight lift, so I know how to work areas. My class is cardio and calisthenic weight training.

Dry brushing is a huge brush made for your skin. I had a female competitor tell me to do it. You can buy one of those brushes at Walmart where the loofahs are. It is suppose to make your skin regenerate.

Ab vacuums is working your transverse abs (just like planks) and that pulls your abs in. You can do crunches and get a 6 pack, but the ab vacuums and planks actually pull in your abs. I do not do crunches, I do a lot of "hip hop" abs moves...like lots of hip pumping, so that is like mini crunches. Youtube Ab vacuums. I can not do them like they can on there, but I am getting a lot better.

Your tummy may not look like pre-baby, but it can improve...no need to get discouraged. :happy:

Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to YouTube it. Sounds like something I would definitally want to do. I wish we had a Zumba class here. But small towns are known for many things. I just started day 1 of Jillian Michales 30DS so hoping for SOME results even if its not much.
  • karagetsfit
    karagetsfit Posts: 191
    Options

Holy crap, I found a good video on youtube explainging/demonstrating the ab vacuum, and I tried it. I am sore!
  • GoodIntentions2012
    Options
    bump...need to read this later...I need help too!
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to YouTube it. Sounds like something I would definitally want to do. I wish we had a Zumba class here. But small towns are known for many things. I just started day 1 of Jillian Michales 30DS so hoping for SOME results even if its not much.
    [/quote]

I just started the 30 DS yesterday too! I started a boot camp 3 wks ago, but it's only 3 days a wk. I am praying that I see some of these beyond awesom results myself:) Good luck to you too!!!!!
  • applebaumb
    Options
    hmmm, I messed this post up.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWTn8JO0Oreuk6VO571wUxL3i65zDWdSSkWwYtdNvx6M-dZbtdB6uuBlRYYw

LOVE THIS!!!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Do a google search for diastasis recti. You can learn how to check yourself to see if you have it. From what I have read, if you do have it, doing traditional exercises can make it worse. I just had my 4th c-section 9 months ago and do still have it (had it before getting pregnant the last time as well). There are some videos and exercises on the web that are supposed to help. I have Lindsey Brin's bootcamp 2 video and have made some improvement with that but don't do it as often as I should.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options

Do a google search for diastasis recti. You can learn how to check yourself to see if you have it. From what I have read, if you do have it, doing traditional exercises can make it worse. I just had my 4th c-section 9 months ago and do still have it (had it before getting pregnant the last time as well). There are some videos and exercises on the web that are supposed to help. I have Lindsey Brin's bootcamp 2 video and have made some improvement with that but don't do it as often as I should.

I have heard this also and I think its why I have more scar tissue on my incision line than I should.
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks soooo good and its very inspirational! Any mommy's dealing with diastasis recti ( seperated ABS). If so I could use some pointers on how to work it naturally! My baby will be 2 in Nov and my ABS have yet to come back together!!
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xiaxiong09
    xiaxiong09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks very aspirational and GREAT JOB EVERYONE!! I hope to one day post my success up too! =]
  • Laurie061273
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!