Foods You Hate But Eat Anway Because They're Good For You

Options

Replies

• SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese here too! I hide it in my protein shakes! Every once in a while I'll try it plain just to make sure I still don't like it:)
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't eat foods I don't like. It would be easier to find something you do like with the same nutritional benefits.
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta... I usually love most anything that's whole wheat, but there's something about whole wheat pasta that is just awful! Still trying my hardest to eat it, but I can't figure out how to make it in a way that it isn't so horrible...
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I used to hate avocado and peanuts, but I've developed a taste for them. Fish and I do not have such an agreeable relationship yet, but we're getting there.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Not a d@mn thing! :tongue:

There are plenty of healthy foods that I enjoy, why eat somethign that's yucky?

For everyone questioning why I would eat something yucky, it's for the protein!! :smile: As a long time vegetarian who also does low carb (er, is trying to do low carb, haha), it's tricky to get as much protein as I need. On a typical day I have a whey protein shake for breakfast blended with unsweetened almond milk, natural peanut butter, and half a banana. Then a protein bar for a morning snack, usually an egg and veggie based dish for lunch, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese in the afternoon, and quinoa or rice/beans with lots of veggies for dinner. Sometimes another whey protein shake before bed, depending on how much I exercised that day. I still only come out around 70-80 grams usually, and I don't feel like it's enough for me.

Taking your suggestions for non-squishy vegetarian protein sources other than the ones I mentioned that I'm already eating! :smile:

There are lots of other nut butters, why stop with peanut butter? And why not eat nuts themselves?
  • megabit2k
    megabit2k Posts: 12
    Options
    Plain rolled oats. I eat it every day for breakfast and its soooooooooo boring. I put a few raisins or Craisins in to spice it up.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I cant think of anything I eat because I feel I ought to...

But then, I love fish, avocado, cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, nuts, nearly all veggies (not keen on beetroot or potato or boring old iceberg lettuce) chicken, good quality wholemeal bread etc
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Plain rolled oats. I eat it every day for breakfast and its soooooooooo boring. I put a few raisins or Craisins in to spice it up.

Fill it with fresh or frozen berries! I put berries in every bowl of oatmeal I eat, along with a packet or two of no-calorie sweetener. Yummy!
  • sungminez
    sungminez Posts: 7
    Options
    Definitely celery. It's very low cal, (Some say negative cal) so I eat it! I will bring it in as my lunch sometimes.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything I hate except if I hate it the first time I try it. I always give foods about 5 or so tries before I decide I really hate it. Sometimes I just need to get used to the texture/taste and I'll start to like it, or at least be indifferent.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    raw carrots
  • ancarignan
    ancarignan Posts: 13
    Options
    I just eat what I like!
  • ophelia917
    Options
    Try adding a bit of sweetener of your choice (I use truvia) and a tsp of good, dark cocoa powder to your oatmeal. It turns it into a delicious treat.

Add a TBSP of nut butter or some fruit? Yeah. Ridiculously good.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta... I usually love most anything that's whole wheat, but there's something about whole wheat pasta that is just awful! Still trying my hardest to eat it, but I can't figure out how to make it in a way that it isn't so horrible...
    I find boiling it for an extra minute or two makes a whole world of difference with my whole grain pastas.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Carrots...raw or cooked....Ranch for Raw, pinch o' salt for cooked (used to be gravy but nooooo more, lol)
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes- i don't hate all of them , but I'm not really fond of any of them. I do need them to up my protein with the little I do eat, so down they go.
  • Tigger228
    Tigger228 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Water but I'm getting used to it. My body also feels better overall after drinking it :)
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat smaller amounts and enjoy my food - the only thing I eat that I quite dislike is salad, usually for lunch. I wanna save my calories for an enjoyable evening meal.... thats what keeps me going!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I can't handle foods I hate. I love raw broccoli, celery, cauliflower, etc. I guess since I know they're good for me, it's easier to eat.