Stop saying great job when it's not!!!

Options

Replies

• bethbournias
    bethbournias Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You ARE on my friend list and I want to send you a private message about this conversation!!! :)))
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I only got irritated and removed someone when I was sick with the flu and puking so I ate like 200 calories. I stated that I was sick but someone still said Way to go!! Ummm i rather no comments on my food diary than blind wtg lol
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I'm a total diary creeper, mainly to get ideas for meals but also to see if a friend is actually eating as "healthy" as they brag about.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    If I see they are eating too low I tell them please eat more and if they are over on sodium I tell them to watch the sodium if they do really bad Im like just start over tomorrow but you do have to praise them for at least logging it instead of pretending they didnt eat it :bigsmile:
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    meh. does anyone really get worked up over this stuff. Good job all. Plate of nachos not so great, but hey, who is the judge.People applaud for the losing team too. Is that a bad thing?
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who thought thi! I never comment on someones diary if they are that low. And when they skip breakfast I usually just put "Try not to skip breakfast next time."
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I am not the only person to feel this way. I only comment on diaries I view and if they deserve it. If you ate McD's all day long idon't care if you stayed under your calories...I won't praise you.

And while we are ranting how about the people who post status updates like this "OMG I hope I lose weight this week getting under 300 lbs will be a milestone for me"
    You go check their diary and they eat fast food and cake EVERY day and like to never exercise. Yup they are staying under their calories but eating crap every day. Good luck honey!!!

Oh and what about the people who fall off the wagon ALL the time...seriously how bad do you people REALLY want this?? Not bad enough if you can't stay committed for more then one or two weeks.

I realize not every one has my level of commitment but seriously I do not want to see lazy *kitten* people in my news feed
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with congratulating someone on killing a plate of nachos?

Maybe it was impressive.

Lol, you are my kind of friend!!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Honestly- if I have the calories...I would eat 800 calories worth of nachos and it would still be a good day. I don't judge others on what they eat....and it doesn't bother me if they choose to eat junk. I guess I have been here on my own journey with wonderful supporters all along. Nachos, food binges, cake, chips and all- they still cheer me on! (though I don't always eat that stuff) I wouldn't waste getting mad over others diaries and if they choose to give out a WTG, or a good job on a diary post. Just my humble opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Kinda like in the rating threads....lol...never seen so many 8-9-10s in my life!
    Im a solid 6.5...7 when im lean.....but Im hilarious and have personality...

woodplow.jpg

LOL!!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Is this about the people who consume like 600 calories?? Because they're really starting to spook me...

Or the people who don't even read the diary, just post a generic phrase that summarizes with everyone else said? Yeah that's a bummer..

I saw something about Nachos...I'm so down.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've had people write "good job" comments on my diary when I put in the comment section "horrible day today..." It irritates me. Also, I hate that on the success story threads, people have a tendency to over comment. They put a lot of different compliments that basically mean the same thing, and when I read them, they seem forced.

As for posting a thread like that when your weight loss is not obvious, I have done this. However, it was in my blog, meant for me and my friends and I wasn't really looking for comments. I wanted to see the pictures together for myself.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less what anyone posted on my page.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    all i took from this was 800 calorie nachos and now want nachos. :noway:
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least the nacho person has an open diary and is willing to receive feedback.. i think. LOL
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    all i took from this was 800 calorie nachos and now want nachos. :noway:
    WTG! Good job!

Like someone previously said...someone downs a 1000cal plate of nachos...that's why they are my friend.

MMM nachos
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    My very first MFP rant. Feel free to get angry at me and have an entertaining internet battle.

I'm sorry but it irritates the heck out of me when I see someone finished their diary for the day and all they ate was a plate of 800 calorie nachos and everyone comments "Great job!!" and "Way to go!!". Seriously?!?!?! I see this crap EVERYDAY!!! I'm down for giving people moral support but I refuse to tell you good job if all you did was eat cookies all day. I am the person that will say "Don't worry, tomorrow is another day!!" Am I a meanie pants for that? Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? You guys know you've seen that before on here lol. WHY?!?!?!?! It bugs me!!!!!

I say good job whether they eat cookies or not because I don't look at people's diaries. I see that they are under their calorie goal for the day and that's all I really look at. I'm not going to be all critical over someone's diary. I figure they know what they are doing, and so be it. If they wanted help, they'd ask for someone to look at it.

as for the progress pictures, agreed. :\
  • MichelleLee73
    Options
    You had me until you said this,....

"Also, tell me why when people post progress pictures where you OBVIOUSLY can't see a difference at all everyone lies and says they can? "

Being real about someone's diary... ok

Being unnecessarily negative about someone's progress... that's just wrong. Pictures don't always tell the whole story and I doubt that people actually post before and after pics if there is no progress! So why would you shoot down someone's accomplishments like that?
  • jjh1024
    jjh1024 Posts: 36
    Options
    HAHA I feel the same. Dont lie. I know if I ate **** all day. I am usually the one to point it out first. We all have good/bad days but only praise on the days that deserve it. We are not children and should be able to handle the truth by now.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If one of my friends went to the gym for two hours then eats 600 calories of Nacho's at dinner and still has calories left over for the day damn right I'm telling them good jobs. Screw every morsel of food you put in your mouth being healthy. If you run 5 miles and save up calories for dinner damn straight you can eat those nacho's and I'll tell you good job!

I'm a small girl. Most people would be more than happy with my size but I want to tone up. The only reason I'm not more tone is because I haven't committed to working out as much as I should. I get a lot of my calories from crappy food, frozen meals, canned soups etc... and yep guess what I ate at BURGER KING today :o and I only ate 1180 calories in total for the day and almost 40 grams of protein and I didn't have a chance to go to the gym

Do I think it was a good day? Hell yeah I do.

I think people just obsess to much about what you're eating. If you're tracking your sodium, fat, carbs etc and you're under on all that who gives a s*** what food you put in?

Its bother's me more when someone is several hundred calories under and people praise them.

There's a guy on my friends list he eats 4000 calories a day no I'm not joking and it's all fast food and he looks pretty damn good so obviously everyone is different.