Stop saying great job when it's not!!!

Options

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with congratulating someone on killing a plate of nachos?

Maybe it was impressive.

this totally make me :laugh: ...
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I want it all. The applause. The nachos. And a margarita. The unskinny kind. :drinker:
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the point!! It's not about nachos!! I ate nachos a few days ago! JEEZ!! lol Eat cookies all damn day if you want!! All I'm saying is that it annoys me that other people will comment on it saying how great of a job the person is doing when they aren't! That's like if your kid didn't study for a test and failed and you said "WAY TO GO!!! It's an accomplishment that you even showed up for the test!!!"

Whats wrong with eating nachos, get off your high horse.

I hate all things delicious and awesome. DUH! Oh, and I'm evil and judgmental apparently!!

Not to mention a drama queen! And a terrible one at that!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You guys are missing the point!! It's not about nachos!! I ate nachos a few days ago! JEEZ!! lol Eat cookies all damn day if you want!! All I'm saying is that it annoys me that other people will comment on it saying how great of a job the person is doing when they aren't! That's like if your kid didn't study for a test and failed and you said "WAY TO GO!!! It's an accomplishment that you even showed up for the test!!!"

Kewl, what if you are in a competition and you fall on your *kitten* while running. Are you going to expect people to tell you that you failed miserably lol. Most of the time they tell you good job anyways as a way to encourage you. I know it makes no sense to encourage anyone for pillaging a whole food court but deep down inside I bet they looked at the log and knew that day sucked bad but just don't want to say anything. I see your point since we shouldn't really encourage people to eat like crap everyday but take it for what it is worth.
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What if I have an 800 calorie day and it's filled with food? hard boiled egg, nuts, salad, dinner, smoothie and rice crackers usually fill my diary. I'm often under calorie but constantly picking at my food. Never go hungry!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

Whats wrong with eating nachos, get off your high horse.

I hate all things delicious and awesome. DUH! Oh, and I'm evil and judgmental apparently!!

Not to mention a drama queen! And a terrible one at that!

Oh shush. It's my thread I can whine if I want to!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhhhh....
    Bring me nachos!
  • JFae32
    JFae32 Posts: 15
    Options
    I totally agree!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I agree.......I see most of the people who think this post is right are new to MFP. Give it a year or more...and see if you are still here. Often we tell the other person WTG for logging and trying yet another day. The longer you are here the harder it is. Its just encouragement ..which goes a lot further than judgement any day huh?!
    Honestly- if I have the calories...I would eat 800 calories worth of nachos and it would still be a good day. I don't judge others on what they eat....and it doesn't bother me if they choose to eat junk. I guess I have been here on my own journey with wonderful supporters all along. Nachos, food binges, cake, chips and all- they still cheer me on! (though I don't always eat that stuff) I wouldn't waste getting mad over others diaries and if they choose to give out a WTG, or a good job on a diary post. Just my humble opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You have to take into consideration each person's goals.

A nacho platter might be a couple steps up from where they were a few months ago when they were eating chips out of the bag all day long in front of the TV with no exercise whatsoever.

I had Chinese take-out (orange chicken) the other day but I also got in some good exercise and burned some pretty good calories.

I am going to eat some food for the pure enjoyment of it once in a while.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You can still save the thread sweet child. One way to save the thread is basically post this.

231306bac2db520ae60aa432237655c0e4f9c93c.png
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people tell me "its ok, tomorrow's another day". No need to try to comfort me when I'm not feeling bad.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

AMEN!!! This is the only post in this thread i'm going to read. I don't care to hear all the whining i'm sure is in the rest. You hit the nail on the head and , KUDOS!!!

Wish I had had your foresight. This whole thin baffles me too. Even if someone had a dish of ice cream or whatever but the rest of their day was healthy whole foods I'll give them the good job. But I've seen diaries that were like- breakfast nutrigrain bar, lunch lean cuisine, snack banana, dinner lean cuisine. And they netted like 100 calories because of exercise. And people said Good Job and what not. Seriously?!?! Someone eats hardly anything and the only healthy thing they had was a banana and you're going to encourage that? I don't get it
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You can still save the thread sweet child. One way to save the thread is basically post this.

Worst photo ever.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I look at everyone on my feed's diary and i will comment if it warrant's so. I wont blindy say the wtg ... good job etc. to a "under calorie goal" feed if they don't deserve it. Also i wont say good job or w/e if they have more then 300 calories left either. Because that means they didnt feed thier body completely. Remember those that are trying to lose weight, already have their daily goal set at a deficit. So eating way less then that (in my opinion, not a good day) so i just don't comment.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Worst photo ever.

agreed ^^^ out of all the pictures on the interweb.... really?
  • diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    You know what? I used to weigh 526 lbs, and obviously I did not get that way eating salads. Maybe you should spend less time dissecting your friends' diaries, and more time learning about what constitutes "good" as opposed to "bad", because those things are very subjective from person to person.

If your friends are eating cookies and crap all day, every day- sure. Don't comment. Don't enable. I support that. If you're close enough, maybe offer some support... and by that, I don't mean getting all Jillian Michaels on their azz and rubbing their face in it.

I love food. I always have, and I always will. Occasionally, I will dive face-first into a disgustingly gooey, horrifically calorie-laden plate of nachos without apology AND without shame. I let myself do that once in a while. The number on the scale is creeping downward every day. I deserve a treat once in a while. I'm not going to indulge myself like I used to, but I'm not going to deprive myself of the occasional treat.

Today, I consumed 942 calories, which is woefully inadequate as I weigh 365 lbs. I'm not feeling well, and it took everything I had to keep that down. Those are the things that a food diary won't tell you.
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I personally do not comment on diaries if I have not looked at them, however with that being said I do not have the best eating habits so what I may think is a good day may not be to someone who's been on this road longer than I. All you can do is be honest and give constructive criticism to those you call your friends.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    all i took from this was 800 calorie nachos and now want nachos.

Yeah how did this turn into nachos? Now I'm feeling a little paranoid as I made my version of nachos last night. lol (400 calorie, not 800) :tongue:
    Hey, everyday can't be a salad, now can it? :bigsmile:
  • TheycallmeHotDonna
    TheycallmeHotDonna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's all true!! I eat healthy for the most part and well sure I could boost up my calorie burn. But cheese burgers, french fries, nacho's, pizza!! All of it's bad for you no matter how many calories you burn!! There forgetting about the big picture!!! There...thats my rant!! LOL