Men: Best way to approach YOU at the gym.....

Options

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Just say hello, and let it go from there.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Those lines in the first post are gold. I need to use the "spot me" one sometime just for ****s and grins.

I've met a couple people up at the gym and I'd say it's maybe 50/50 on if I or the woman initially engaged the conversation. Simple stuff like you mentioned like the weather or last Tuesday our AC was out in the weight room and it was like 105 degrees outside. Plenty of conversation to be had there.
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I think my intensity at the gym sometimes scares women off..so I try to give the occasional smile haha. The best way to approach me would definetley be asking for a spot or ask if you are doing a certain exercise right. Men like to have their egos boosted and making them seem like a pro will be a great way to start a conversation
  • McBully4
    Options
    A. I'm curious about your tattoos, what is their meaning? (if not self explanatory)
    B. You seem to know lots of lifting exercises and have great form, how long have you been working out?
    C. Would you be able to spot me sometime?
    D. You are the best looking man in this gym and if we lived in Hollywood, you'd be on TV (not hitting on, just paying a compliment :wink: )

Go!
    Every one of these questions I'd roll my eyes and ignore you forever.
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    Ask for a spot.
    Asking about my tattoos will probably just piss me off because 95% of people who ask "oooo what does that mean?!" touch your tattoos while they say it. Other than asking for a spot, you would annoy me *personally* simply because I do not like being bothered when I'm in the gym.
  • RahmaB823
    RahmaB823 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "but I'm doing bench press"
    "so spot me maybe?"

HAHAHAHA!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    As a somewhat introverted fellow, I'd be taken aback if any woman approached me and asked me anything but a strictly excercise related question while in the gym.

However, I'd likely open up and go on and on and on and on and on (because I'm in to excercising) about anything you asked about...(but I obviously wouldn't cross any line since I'm married.)
  • KINGoftheBUFF
    KINGoftheBUFF Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turning up my headset and going back to the squat rack.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    The best way to approach is with "baby steps". Maybe a smile followed by a hi, how are ya, followed by a can you spot me. Not all on the same day I would add!

Unfortunately though, lots of us are on time constraints and tend to be pretty focused on what we are doing. The best time is when a guy is resting between sets.

Good luck! I would love it if somebody, anybody! would occasionally chat at the gym.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options

.. "Hey I just met you"
    "and this is crazy"
    "but I'm doing bench press"
    "so spot me maybe?"

HAHA, yep...I would totally do something like this in my mind, and I'd probably trip and fall on the way over. But I really dont talk to anyone in the gym except my trainer friends ...even the guys I think are hot. I'm too shy in person, i guess!!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ask me if i want to go take a shower with you after we're done :laugh:

Hmmmmmmmm :blushing:
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    As a somewhat introverted fellow, I'd be taken aback if any woman approached me and asked me anything but a strictly excercise related question while in the gym.

However, I'd likely open up and go on and on and on and on and on (because I'm in to excercising) about anything you asked about...(but I obviously wouldn't cross any line since I'm married.)

And this would be great with me cause I'm married too!
  • McBully4
    Options
    Turning up my headset and going back to the squat rack.

exactly
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    There is no wrong way. Just talk to me. If you're attractive, I probably wont even care what you're actually saying.

Nice :smile:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is this: Anything you say will be fine .. if there's an attraction. Guys aren't picky like girls. We don't get handed lines often, so when we do, no matter how cheesy the line, it's cute because it's so damn rare! . .

Guys are flattered when a girl initiates contact. .

NOTE; I'm seeing the world through the prism of my own experience and none of my guy friends are douchbags. .so if you happen to be going after that douchbag guy in the gym. . well. . I have no knowledge or understanding of how guys like that think or act.
  • michaelocampo
    michaelocampo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A. I'm curious about your tattoos, what is their meaning? (if not self explanatory)

Go!

Obviously I am a huge fan of this, not just in the gym and not just from women (happily married and she is tattooed as well). People with large amounts of work usually spent a lot of thought, time, and money to exhibit lifelong art. i dont like talking about what people should or shouldnt be doing in the gym, everyone is different. But i never tire of talking about the most impotant cosmetic decision I have ever made.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    "Hey.. Is that a mirror in your pants.. cuz I can totally see myself in them " :tongue:
  • Maryaly40
    Options

Go!

Obviously I am a huge fan of this, not just in the gym and not just from women (happily married and she is tattooed as well). People with large amounts of work usually spent a lot of thought, time, and money to exhibit lifelong art. i dont like talking about what people should or shouldnt be doing in the gym, everyone is different. But i never tire of talking about the most impotant cosmetic decision I have ever made.

My body is an "ink virgin" still. I have never even thought about getting a tattoo until this journey. Not only did I lose weight but I also quit smoking after 22 years!!!!! I feel transformed and I now want a tattoo that represents that! I haven't decided what or where I want it yet, but I'm facinated by a certain guys' at my gym cause his are not the self explanatory tattoos. His have meaning and I'm curious.
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    "Hey.. Is that a mirror in your pants.. cuz I can totally see myself in them " :tongue:

(If I were single) LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! THIS :bigsmile:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

Go!

I'm not a huge fan of this question, just because my tattoo has literally no meaning. I took a couple designs I liked and blended them together to fit to the muscle, its completely symmetrical and countours to my shoulder and bicep. Its just art, on the best canvas I could offer up, myself.