Ladies: Best Way To Approach You In The Gym?

Options

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think I've ever been hit on at the gym, and it doesn't really matter because I have a boyfriend BUT when I have been hit on in another situation, I feel very awkward with guys who come on really strong. Honestly, if you want to talk to me, just be nice and say hi! Especially if you smile and I smile back , just say hi how's it going? Maybe ask me what my work out routine is for that day. Just anything NOT creepy or intimidating. I don't like it when people come on too strong--guys or girls in any sense. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you.

But then again, I have no idea how this girl is compared to myself lol

OH also, if she DOESN'T make eye contact and/or smile she probably doesn't want to be noticed by you...so hopefully she does! :)
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    seriously, at this point in my life, i'd be grateful to have anyone talk to me ANYWHERE.

I NEVER get hit on? I don't know where you ladies are from, or if you have beer flavoured nipples or WHAT, but I haven't been hit on in like.......7 years....(probably more, but i'm willing to lie to save face)

Lol! I barely am hit on, like, ever. Maybe once a year! But you my friend, you are gorgeous! I couldn't believe no one hits on you. Maybe you just don't notice? Seriously though, you are very pretty. Maybe you're just too intimidating by your good looks? :wink:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    When a girl is trying to do squats or pull ups, just give her a spot. She won't ask for one because of pride, so just walk up behind her and put your hands on her *kitten* (you could go hips, but *kitten* is more intimate, it tells her you're interested in more than friendship, a major turn on). Provide support as needed, she'll be extremely grateful when she's finished her set, you'll be in for sure.

Good advice. Try this, OP.
  • judkinsjenny
    judkinsjenny Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm going to guess that 'while wearing a ski mask' would be a bad idea.
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEHHEHEHHEEEEEEEEEEEE OH MY HELL!!!!!!!!!!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    seriously, at this point in my life, i'd be grateful to have anyone talk to me ANYWHERE.

I NEVER get hit on? I don't know where you ladies are from, or if you have beer flavoured nipples or WHAT, but I haven't been hit on in like.......7 years....(probably more, but i'm willing to lie to save face)

Hold on Hold on Hold on..... BEER FLAVORED NIPPLES????? Does that exist. You have any f--king idea how many issues this would solve for me? I am talking like 12 birds with one stone. Please tell me this is not a myth like the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot or Lady Gaga is a woman or something like that.......
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I dont like being approached so I dont go to the gym anymore really. when i do its bright and early and i keep my headphones in lol.
  • judkinsjenny
    judkinsjenny Posts: 220
    Options
    im so pmsing right now and just wanna kill you all. but how can i when you are alll soo damn funny. thank you for making my night just a little better.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    For the record...OP no longer cares.

I defied you all and walked right up to the girl I was curious about...while she was all sweaty and in the middle of her workout...and you know what? She was pleasant and receptive...She even gave me her number, without me asking for it.

Lesson learned.

You are all free to continue bantering about how much you hate social interaction at the gym, in fear that it may disrupt your precious workout.

You're my hero for the day. Way to go, dude!
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    If she has earbuds in, definitely NO. Otherwise it's your game, win or lose. :wink:
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    If she has earbuds in, definitely NO. Otherwise it's your game, win or lose. :wink:

not if you rip the earbuds out of her ears first.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

I say LIES. Do you live in a cave? No men ever around?

I call BS too. Maybe you intimidate men. If I were into girls (for the record, I am very much a man loving woman... LOL), I would totally hit on you! :D
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind have a convo in the gym with someone or at least saying hi to someone. Mostly it's because I work at the gym I use so I feel rude, but even when I went to a different one that I didn't work out if someone struck up a convo with me I didn't mind or would say hi to a regular I knew. I honestly don't understand why it's like gym taboo. Be polite say hi. Now I'm not saying kill an entire workout to have a chat but you can be friendly in the gym.
  • emmieloopy
    emmieloopy Posts: 13
    Options
    I really hope my gym crush is reading this board!! approach me, approach me!!!

I am freakishly shy and will never approach him! I just ignore him and have realised i probably have ***** face!!

Oh no!!

Will be super smiley this evening

:blushing:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    For the record...OP no longer cares.

I defied you all and walked right up to the girl I was curious about...while she was all sweaty and in the middle of her workout...and you know what? She was pleasant and receptive...She even gave me her number, without me asking for it.

Lesson learned.

You are all free to continue bantering about how much you hate social interaction at the gym, in fear that it may disrupt your precious workout.
    Way to go man....good for you. I stick by my earlier comment that the gym is NOT a bad place to meet. At least you already know you have something in common and that she cares about her appearance!
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A smile goes a long way...start with that (and make sure you practice it in the mirror and it's genuine and not creepy or Chandler 'how you dooin' type').

If she smiles back great...smile againg next day... then say 'hey' next time...hey she may even beat you to the punch and take it further.

Just avoid coming on too strong. If you do other things...like marathon etc...sign up for a charity one, and sugest she sign up too! :)
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A smile goes a long way...start with that (and make sure you practice it in the mirror and it's genuine and not creepy or Chandler 'how you dooin' type').

If she smiles back great...smile againg next day... then say 'hey' next time...hey she may even beat you to the punch and take it further.

Just avoid coming on too strong. If you do other things...like marathon etc...sign up for a charity one, and sugest she sign up too! :)

oops lol too late! Good for you though!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If I'm a hot, sweaty, red hot mess that just got off a treadmill, I do NOT want to be approached.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

:noway: It was Joey who said "How you doing'?" ...
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am engaged so obviously I am not in the mood ever for guys to try to come up to me, but one thing I've gotten several times at the gym is a guy coming up to me and trying to give me "tips" or show me how to do an exercise I am doing differently then try to talk from there. It's kind of insulting, don't do that.

But really ladies, if I guy thinks your attractive with a gallon of sweat on your face and no make-up on then hey, he might be a keeper. Just a thought.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    If a guy approached me at the gym and was nice about it, I would be okay with it, I'd be flattered that he was willing to approach me when I have probably sweated off what little makeup I have left on my face (I go to the gym right after work) and most likely look like a total mess. A simple "Hi how are you" works, ask me what music I'm listening to, what am I watching on the tv on the treadmill if I am watching it. Take the spot next to me in the class and ask me if I've ever taken the class before, do I like it?

Unfortunately, I'm one of those that while I'm working out I tend to look too serious, but I'm really just concentrating and trying to convince myself to stay and finish my workout. So give a girl a chance, you never know she could have that look on her face and just need someone to say hi to change that expression