New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    These look interesting @hgycta

32138127241_da73264e97_z.jpg?resize=640%2C391&ssl=1

Found at Wal-Mart.

So now I need to find this, the Ginger yogurt, & Oreo cereal.

I want these! :)

THESE look so good, heads up @hgycta they have a contest for giveaway on facebook page ;) you are so good at winning those LOL!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    3-New-Pints-with-Logo.jpg

Tried the Mint Chip tonight & it was amazing! For the price though I'll probably just buy Edy's Mint Chip since it basically tastes the same.

I tried the chocolate tonight - LOVE! The birthday cake and chocolate are tied for first place. Lol.

I also tried the s'mores. It was just okay. Not sure if I would purchase again.

I tried the oatmeal cookie last night and I will not be purchasing that again. It was very grainy and had a weird texture when scooping it out. (And yes I left it out for a few minutes before diving into it). Also wasn't turned on with the rolled oats.

Now I'm just waiting for the red velvet!

I saw the phily cheesecakes today. They were 2/$7 so I didn't pick them up. Interested to see what others think. Cute little oval tub that it comes in.

Oh - and thanks to whomever shared that ibotta had the halo top $1 coupon. :)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hostess-deep-fried-banana-filled-twinkies.jpg
    Okay, I LOVE the banana deep-fried Twinkies. The deep-fried outer skin is everything I didn't know I wanted and doesn't overpower the cream. As was suggested on this thread, I didn't bother heating it in the oven.

It's also not too sweet, a nice change of pace. I'll pick up another box if Krogers has any left, even full price lol. It does make me want to try the other flavors.

Also, I went to Red Mango for the first time and tried lucky taro. If I was closer to home, I would have bought a quart of the stuff. I did about half cake batter half taro in case the taro was disappointing and completely regret it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    [/quote]

Man you're lucky!

Weren't you the one who won the Quest Cookie contest?[/quote]

Yes, I also won Halo Top's contest and got 2 free pints and Kodiak Cake's for a free box haha I don't know if I'm lucky or I just enter way too many xD Every time I see something pop up in my news feed (which I follow a lot of brands so there's always at least three each time I log on) I enter it! I'm telling you guys, there's so much out there to be won!

Also, decided to finally pick these up and try them. Surprisingly I liked them baked more than I liked the cookie dough raw; VERY delicious and totally worth the calories!

xpwcl34moep1.jpg

Also tried Eat Me Guilt Free's pumpkin cake. I'll admit, I wasn't blown away by any of their products until I tried this one. VERY moist and the first one that didn't taste fake (unless I'm getting used to it by now). 5/5 and would buy it again easily, but apparently they're discontinuing it (seasonal flavor perhaps, hopefully not forever gone)! It's labelled pumpkin spice, but it tastes like PUMPKIN bread and it wasn't heavily spiced flavored like many "pumpkin" products out there. Very high quality tasting, not candle-wax like at all ;P

bbuwtrtbmkcy.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Picked this up today and not impressed. It reminds me of a slightly minty Cocoa Puffs when eaten plain, but when eaten with milk I don't taste the mint at all. Definitely not buying it again.
    Although, I thought the same thing about the mocha Dunkin' Donuts pop tarts but both my father and mother said they were the best pop tarts they've ever had and already picked up three more family size boxes of them (but note, my mom normally hates coffee; she said she tasted it [I didn't] but that it wasn't bitter).
    I still think the vanilla latte was WAY better.

aaoj8utzj718.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Picked this up today and not impressed. It reminds me of a slightly minty Cocoa Puffs when eaten plain, but when eaten with milk I don't taste the mint at all. Definitely not buying it again.
    Although, I thought the same thing about the mocha Dunkin' Donuts pop tarts but both my father and mother said they were the best pop tarts they've ever had and already picked up three more family size boxes of them (but note, my mom normally hates coffee; she said she tasted it [I didn't] but that it wasn't bitter).

aaoj8utzj718.jpg

I'm hoping one of us finds the new Oreo cereal soon.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    zk3igy8z8gbo.jpeg

Thought of you guys when I saw these at my brother's house today. He has no idea of the discussions people have about Red Velvet....everything!
    Have a good Sunday all!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone's brought up the Edoughable Cookie Dough. I tried the chocolate chip, birthday blast, and cookies and cream at Whole Foods and liked the first two (maybe a little too much) but not the third. The cookies part wasn't good to me.

They're around 110-120 calories per 28 grams, 7 servings in a container. I have noooooo idea how comparable thst is to the unedible cookie dough. :)

I bought the chocolate chip and birthday blast. :)
  • hgycta
    Options

aaoj8utzj718.jpg

I looked for them and didn't see them :/
    But, if you like Halo Top check out their Facebook!!!! You can really make out good right now with their pints!!! Huge giveaway posted today ;)
    joans1976 wrote: »
    zk3igy8z8gbo.jpeg

Thought of you guys when I saw these at my brother's house today. He has no idea of the discussions people have about Red Velvet....everything!
    Have a good Sunday all!

I actually work for companies occasionally sampling out products and these were something I was assigned with their s'mores flavor! I loooooove them, especially when heated up about 5-10 seconds ;)
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm sure someone's brought up the Edoughable Cookie Dough. I tried the chocolate chip, birthday blast, and cookies and cream at Whole Foods and liked the first two (maybe a little too much) but not the third. The cookies part wasn't good to me.

They're around 110-120 calories per 28 grams, 7 servings in a container. I have noooooo idea how comparable thst is to the unedible cookie dough. :)

The toll house lemon poppy seed cookies I bought today were 80 calories for a 19g serving, which is about 118 calories for 28 grams, so I'd say that's pretty average!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

aaoj8utzj718.jpg

I looked for them and didn't see them :/
    But, if you like Halo Top check out their Facebook!!!! You can really make out good right now with their pints!!! Huge giveaway posted today ;)
    joans1976 wrote: »
    zk3igy8z8gbo.jpeg

Have a good Sunday all!

I actually work for companies occasionally sampling out products and these were something I was assigned with their s'mores flavor! I loooooove them, especially when heated up about 5-10 seconds ;)
    glassyo wrote: »

The toll house lemon poppy seed cookies I bought today were 80 calories for a 19g serving, which is about 118 calories for 28 grams, so I'd say that's pretty average!

Thanks for the heads up! Definitely would be a great way to try all of the new pints without having to drive far away or order the flavors online.
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oreo has a red velvet flavor coming out the first week of February for Valentine's day. I'd try it.

Yum!!!! I hope they come to the Uk!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    eday79 wrote: »
    Oreo has a red velvet flavor coming out the first week of February for Valentine's day. I'd try it.

Yum!!!! I hope they come to the Uk!

Red velvet oreos were actually one of my favorite flavors of all time!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tried the Vanilla Halo Top & Chocolate Halo Top tonight (what can I say I live dangerously with sweeteners LOL).

I liked the Vanilla Halo Top & found it creamy & smooth. I wasn't much of a fan of the chocolate ice cream, but then again I am not a huge chocolate ice cream fan in general.

The only chocolate ice cream I've found that I really enjoy is Gelato Fiasco's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.

dark-chocolate-caramel-sea-salt.jpg

So far I would rank the four flavors I tried as:

1. Birthday Cake
    2. Mint Chip
    3. Vanilla Bean
    4. Chocolate
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Tried the Vanilla Halo Top & Chocolate Halo Top tonight (what can I say I live dangerously with sweeteners LOL).

I liked the Vanilla Halo Top & found it creamy & smooth. I wasn't much of a fan of the chocolate ice cream, but then again I am not a huge chocolate ice cream fan in general.

So far I would rank the four flavors I tried as:

1. Birthday Cake
    2. Mint Chip
    3. Vanilla Bean
    4. Chocolate

Bummer. I loved the chocolate. Tasted like a frosty from Wendy's to me (just not creamy).
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been looking at workout apps. I'm eyeing Carrot Fit or doing the Fitstar through Fitbit. Anyone tried either one?
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    For anyone wondering about the new Smores Gurl Scout cookies...

Your local council gets to decide which bakery they source cookies from. There are two: Little Brownie Bakers, which makes the sandwich like smore cookie, and ABC Bakery, which makes this cookie below. There are also differences between other cookies, but if you don't know them, google it.

So, here's the inside of the ABC "smore" cookie.

9b5rfhv7r4q7.jpg

As you can see, there's not much "smores" going on here. There is a faint white line of some sort of icing that I can't really taste. It's simply a fudge covered Graham cookie, like you can buy at every grocery or dollar store.

Personally, if I'm going to shell out $5 for a box of cookies, I want something a bit more unique. Pass for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    007Aggie wrote: »
    For anyone wondering about the new Smores Gurl Scout cookies...

Your local council gets to decide which bakery they source cookies from. There are two: Little Brownie Bakers, which makes the sandwich like smore cookie, and ABC Bakery, which makes this cookie below. There are also differences between other cookies, but if you don't know them, google it.

So, here's the inside of the ABC "smore" cookie.

9b5rfhv7r4q7.jpg

As you can see, there's not much "smores" going on here. There is a faint white line of some sort of icing that I can't really taste. It's simply a fudge covered Graham cookie, like you can buy at every grocery or dollar store.

Personally, if I'm going to shell out $5 for a box of cookies, I want something a bit more unique. Pass for me.

Yep :( only $4 here but still.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I never understood the fascination that the rest of America seemed to have with Girl Scout Cookies anyway. I mean, they taste okay, but that's just the thing. They taste okay. No better or worse than Keebler cookies, IMO. Not worth nearly $5.00 for a small-ish box, in any case, unless you just want to give the scouts some money.

I haven't found a Keebler cookie that tastes nearly as good as Thanks-a-lots.

I found these on sale at Shop Rite

Saga-Dairy-on-mission-to-bring-Viking-Icelandic-yogurt-to-masses_strict_xxl.jpg

I actually like it better than Siggi's! Will definitely buy again, just wish there were more than the same old boring flavors.