Ice Cream Bread

Options
dakitten2
dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
I'm not touting this as a lo-cal recipe, but an easy one. Sometimes I just want an easy recipe or something different to take to a potluck.

Who out there has ever made ice cream bread? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? You use only two ingredients and two steps. All you have to do is mix self-rising flour with softened ice cream of choice and bake. Poof! You have bread!

You need ice cream that is not sugar free or low fat...just regular full fat ice cream. This one is made with just chocolate but just imagine how awesome a loaf of Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road or Cherry Garcia bread could be. I have made it with Chunky Monkey and it is delicious. I will include that recipe too so you can try it. Go with bold flavors of ice cream such as peanut butter or butter pecan. Don’t forget, you can also add extra ingredients into the mix to make it less plain and more flavorful. Experiment and have fun with it!

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
1 and 1/2 cups of self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Mix the ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until combined. Smooth it out so it looks even. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a while and then serve.

Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread (2 loaves or 1 large loaf)

2 pints Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, softened or melted
3 cups self-rising flour
1 very ripe banana, chopped
1 chocolate bar, chopped
Handful of walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add chocolate, banana and nuts. Pour into prepared bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes per loaf or 60-90 minutes for a larger double loaf. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake. The bread is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Replies

• jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ^ LOL

That sounds really interesting...does it really have the texture of bread? I want to try it!
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try it! Sounds fun! Thanks!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-JNOr.gif

Yes, this. Does it really work? Mind = BLOWN.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yes it really works and has the texture of bread.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well, I googled and there is a lot of info out there about it. I think I am going to try to make some tomorrow!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I must try this. Must.

Freshly baked ice cream bread with Nutella. Yes. YES!!!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to make my own bread for quite some time now. Thank you!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted this to their wall today...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Chunky-Monkey-Ice-Cream-Bread/
  • Elianne1275
    Options
    bump
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds really interesting. I am definitely going to try it!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted this to their wall today...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Chunky-Monkey-Ice-Cream-Bread/

Indeed! ;D
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not touting this as a lo-cal recipe, but an easy one. Sometimes I just want an easy recipe or something different to take to a potluck.

Who out there has ever made ice cream bread? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? You use only two ingredients and two steps. All you have to do is mix self-rising flour with softened ice cream of choice and bake. Poof! You have bread!

You need ice cream that is not sugar free or low fat...just regular full fat ice cream. This one is made with just chocolate but just imagine how awesome a loaf of Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road or Cherry Garcia bread could be. I have made it with Chunky Monkey and it is delicious. I will include that recipe too so you can try it. Go with bold flavors of ice cream such as peanut butter or butter pecan. Don’t forget, you can also add extra ingredients into the mix to make it less plain and more flavorful. Experiment and have fun with it!

Ice Cream Bread

2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
    1 and 1/2 cups of self rising flour

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Mix the ice cream and flour together in a bowl just until combined. Smooth it out so it looks even. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a while and then serve.

Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bread (2 loaves or 1 large loaf)

2 pints Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey, softened or melted
    3 cups self-rising flour
    1 very ripe banana, chopped
    1 chocolate bar, chopped
    Handful of walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bread pan, or line with parchment paper. Mix melted ice cream and flour until well combined. Add chocolate, banana and nuts. Pour into prepared bread pan. Bake for 45 minutes per loaf or 60-90 minutes for a larger double loaf. If the top starts to brown too much, cover it with aluminum foil and continue to bake. The bread is done when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: words cannot discribe my feelings here:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    O.
    M.
    G.

Mind=Blown

I think.., I must....just,

wow.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I must try this. Must.

Freshly baked ice cream bread with Nutella. Yes. YES!!!

:heart:
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What the hell? I have never imagined such a concoction. It sounds amazing!

Choc-chip cookie dough ice-cream bread.... drool!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You are awesome <3
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This might just be the best gif ever, EVER!
    post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-JNOr.gif
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: