Ice Cream Bread

Options

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My two favorite trigger foods coming together in a perfect storm of deliciousness...

2ff.gif
  • Beasterface
    Beasterface Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is happening tomorrow. Thanks :drinker:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy this thread was necro'd! Does anyone know if the banana can be replaced with something else?
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I would love to see pictures and hear how it was if anyone has tried this!
  • lyssasm
    lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've tried this before and it tasted disgusting. But maybe I did it wrong.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had to go looking for more just to see if I imagined this thread. Cool concept, cool share OP!

http://www.inkatrinaskitchen.com/cake-batter-ice-cream-bread/ <~~so purty! Oh, should of probably mentioned they made this in a bundt cake pan so it really does look like a cake from the outside. ;) But it's not, it's ice cream bread instead! It's merely an illusion.

At first when I opened this thread... it was a bit scary thinking wha? 2 ingredients.. but how? Then I thought, OH, eggs, dairy, flour, fat = bread ice cream! :D:p Then it began to make sense!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Earlier attempts at ice cream bread -
    singapoer.jpg
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    ElvenToad wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhG4w8HkKI

DROOL

I was really excited to try making some, but this photo makes it look absolutely disgusting.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I'm so happy this thread was necro'd! Does anyone know if the banana can be replaced with something else?

hilarious! I thought it was a new thread, didn't even look at the date on the first page. I probably need to start paying more attention but every one was so excited & it looked like a fun thread. :laugh:

@CafeRacer808 I think you can sub in anything for anything in any of these ice cream bread recipes. As long as you use the correct ratio of flour to ice cream ratio... you can add in what you like. Pinterest has a zillion more recipes or check Google... I just added a ton to my Pinterest.

Just looked up at the YouTube photo of the confetti bread (haven't watched it yet though)... it doesn't look like there's enough rise in it... something went wrong somewhere. I haven't seen any photos that look that shallow from a bread pan when I was cruising on the web.

You could always start less costly and use regular vanilla and the flour suggested and then do add-ins that you like, crunched up cookies, bittersweet chocolate, nuts, or whatever it is you enjoy. See what you think before picking up Ben & Jerry's .. just a thought.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options

hilarious! I thought it was a new thread, didn't even look at the date on the first page. I probably need to start paying more attention but every one was so excited & it looked like a fun thread. :laugh:

@CafeRacer808 I think you can sub in anything for anything in any of these ice cream bread recipes. As long as you use the correct ratio of flour to ice cream ratio... you can add in what you like. Pinterest has a zillion more recipes or check Google... I just added a ton to my Pinterest.

Just looked up at the YouTube photo of the confetti bread (haven't watched it yet though)... it doesn't look like there's enough rise in it... something went wrong somewhere. I haven't seen any photos that look that shallow from a bread pan when I was cruising on the web.

You could always start less costly and use regular vanilla and the flour suggested and then do add-ins that you like, crunched up cookies, bittersweet chocolate, nuts, or whatever it is you enjoy. See what you think before picking up Ben & Jerry's .. just a thought.

Thanks for the insight! So, it sounds like you're saying the banana is in there for the added sugar and flavor, and that leaving it out probably won't affect texture, rise, etc, yeah?
  • ElvenToad
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhG4w8HkKI

DROOL

I was really excited to try making some, but this photo makes it look absolutely disgusting.

I have to agree with you on that!
  • ElvenToad
    Options

Thanks for the insight! So, it sounds like you're saying the banana is in there for the added sugar and flavor, and that leaving it out probably won't affect texture, rise, etc, yeah?

The recipe is only two ingredients, ice cream and flour. The banana is part of the Chunky monkey variation of the recipe from what I understand.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited January 2017
    Options

The recipe is only two ingredients, ice cream and flour. The banana is part of the Chunky monkey variation of the recipe from what I understand.
    That's how I understood it as well @ElvenToad

@CafeRacer808 Yup, the banana is likely for added flavor for that particular recipe the OP shared. I saw a cookies and cream ice cream bread recipe, one recipe had you add vanilla ice cream and crunched up cookies and flour. Another recipe had you add cookies and cream ice cream and flour. Same thing just a different method.

The recipe shared by the OP could be made with just flour and chunky monkey ice cream without the added ingredients and probably taste pretty good.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options

Yes, it appears you're right. Thanks! :)

@CafeRacer808 Yup, the banana is likely for added flavor for that particular recipe the OP shared. I saw a cookies and cream ice cream bread recipe, one recipe had you add vanilla ice cream and crunched up cookies and flour. Another recipe had you add cookies and cream ice cream and flour. Same thing just a different method.

The recipe shared by the OP could be made with just flour and chunky monkey ice cream without the added ingredients and probably taste pretty good.

Perfect, thanks! Definitely trying this soon.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh, this looks good! *drools*
    topskaren wrote: »
    Sweetie how will anyone lose weight with this recipe I am so proud of all the weight you have lost just don't start putting it back on buy eating the wrong things. If I am wrong about this please do tell me why because I could be wrong and if I am you can help me Thank you so much.:bigsmile:

Weight loss isn't about what foods to eat/not to eat, it is ALL about calorie deficit. I even lost 100lbs including chocolate in my way of eating. @topskaren
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Pretty neat idea. I'll wait until more forum goers post their reactions to it before I decide if it would be a waste of a pint or not.