NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,571 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Evening all,
    Okay this is the third time that I've tried typing this... I've typed 2 long post and lost them both. I have to run out the door to church, but I wanted to touch base and let you know.... yes I've been going to the gym. I met with a personal trainer yesterday and he thinks it's my rotator cuff maybe that's giving me issues with my shoulder and not my bed... after doing exercises and stretches it does feel a little better so maybe he's right we'll just wait and see..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Trooworld. I have a iPhone. It was easier before iTunes changed their format If it’s not broke...... okay back to tracking each bite. I don’t know why it’s such an easy habit to fall out of. I did my first full day of tracking today. I have been sporadic too after months and months of tracking. Can you figure out what triggers your migraines?

Trishastime. So when you say muffin is that what we Americans call an English muffin? Our regular muffins are like cupcake shaped. I know we use different words sometimes. I have just been introduced to poached eggs and I love them. My dad always fried our eggs.

Cbabie. Rotator cuff That sounds like your dad I hope your trainer can give you exercises to strengthen the area around it plus some stretches for it Good for you for going to the gym

Today was a good day for me. Tracked all my food and was under I exercised 15 min with Leslie Sansone video drank 7 glasses of water.

I also have preplanned my exercise for tomorrow. I found this website called Freetrainer.com it will do a program for you I’m going out with friends for breakfast so my goal is to exercise before I go to make sure it gets done
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,938 Member
    Options
    @TrishasTime I'm pretty sure that the migraines are caused by the changes in the barometric pressure...every time the weather changes, I get them. I've got an appointment with my doctor on the 30th, I'll ask him though. I'm assuming when you say muffin, you mean an English style muffin...not an American sweet muffin. What a nice healthy choice, great!

@cbabie try typing your posts out in Notepad, and then copying them from Notepad and pasting them into the MFP box. That is what I do and I never lose a post! Sorry you lost your posts. To find Notepad, Click on the Start button in the bottom left, and start typing "Notepad" and it should pop up. I'm glad you've been going to the gym and meeting with a trainer. Yay!

@theslightedgeforever I thought you might. I hate iTunes. I used to have an iPhone and that is why I switched to an Android...because I hated iTunes! lol I hated that I needed to go through a program to transfer music etc. to my phone. I hope you get it figured out. Yes, the weather changes triggers my migraines. I know that for certain. If there is a chance of rain, chances are I will get a migraine. If there is a chance of high humidity, chances are I will get a migraine. I am going to the doctor on the 30th, I will ask him if there is a solution. Sounds like you had a really good day! Congrats.

Hi all. My head felt better yesterday, thankfully. I'm going to track today. Actually, I'm going to pretrack my day. I weigh in tomorrow but it's never too late to start tracking. I hope you all have a good day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all,
    I am VERY slowly getting back to a lifestyle of my choices for good health. I have always loved to workout, always felt better when I did. I have never been one to sit around. My DH loves to just sit and watch the tube at night...yuck. I know we are getting older, but I saw what inactive did to my parents. I don't have the money for the gym, but I don't have the money to be sick. LOL So gym fees vs hospital and Dr's...yes easy choice. I am trying to get back to my healthy eating as well. My problem is I want to do everything all at once and do it perfectly. Talk about self sabotage.

@trooworld My DH comes home from work with those same headaches. Have you tried peppermint oil to your temples? Sometime the peppermint is too strong for people and they need a carrier oil first. Even just smelling it sometimes helps me. Sounds like you are on a plan to get you momentum going again, good for you!

@theslightedgeforever good for you for tracking every bite...send your thoughts over here to me..LOL I am tying, but yes it is a hard thing to get back to. I have figured out one thing...when my DH gets home at 2:45, my life seems to stop...any thing that I had wanted to get done does not happen after that. If I am not sitting in the same room with him he thinks something is wrong...so trying to get a plan..you know it's only been 7 months since I got let go, you would think I would have figured this out already.

@TrishasTime I have never had a poached egg..I love eggs, but I will have to look up how to make one. I am not even sure of that. LOL

Cbabie
  • thelistenlady
    thelistenlady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone. My name is Myranda and I did WW for a while and always felt pretty deprived, so I'm trying to get healthy with MFP now. Feel free to add me because I don't really have people to talk to on my feed!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Well you can’t change the weather can you. My ds is in MD and covered with snow. I bet he threw away his gloves in January when he left Iowa to head to TX saying I’m not going to need these again. Lol He probably thought springtime in MD was springtime. He didn’t have to go into work yesterday because of a snow day. Isn’t it funny how I love my iPhone for the same reason you hated it. I have to figure out how to download all my music in the cloud at once vs song by song. It used to be plug in click done Guess I’ll go ask Siri. Did you pretrack your food. I should have done that as my last meal made me go over I did get in another full day of tracking

Cbabie. I have the same thing with my mil each night. I have to sit there for two and a half hours So on my Trello board I have cards that have a pink label which is all the stuff I can do while I’m sitting there. I have same problem on weekends. It’s hard to get stuff done because of DH but I’m trying to train myself to balance my need for getting things done vs his need to have me present with him. It’s still a choice though. While I dont want to make him mad I need to put on my own oxygen mask first. So aim for balance

@thelistenlady Welcome to the group. Finding the right meal plan is hard I think. I was doing well for 4 months then BAM started gaining again. I’m one that doesn’t like to be deprived either. I’m sure some childhood thing. So I eat what I want but I’m working on portion control and frequency. While trying to add in good things for me slowly. This week it’s salad in a jar. It’s ready to grab when lunchtime rolls around

So I did my weights before I went to breakfast. Usually I would have said I’ll do better tomorrow But I did better today Go me!

Tomorrow walking outside is planned

Oh yearly blood tests came back normal except for my hemoglobin. A little low and I can’t decide if I should take iron pills or not My sugar levels got a “watch it”. But no meds prescribed so I’m good with that. My goal is to have lowered that number by next year. I still didn’t get my EKG results yet.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Exactly...being sick costs more than the gym, so better to spend on the gym! It sounds like you are giving yourself some sound advice/self-talk. I have not tried that, I have peppermint oil so maybe I will try it. Yes, I tracked 85% of what I ate yesterday, which is better than most days this week.

@thelistenlady Hi Myranda! Thanks for coming by. I don't really use my feed, I don't track here on MFP, I just use this bulletin board to talk to everyone here, so please come back and talk to us here!!! Can you share some of your strategies that are working for you?

@theslightedgeforever no I cannot. Hahaha...yeah, everyone likes different things about their phones. Siri should be able to help you out, if not, Google! :) I did pretrack my food. I did well except...10:40 a.m. at work. I was hungry and I did not want the snacks I had at work. I wanted xxx at the cafe at work. I got xxx and a bottle of tea. :( I tracked it. Then, when I got home, I was ravenous and I ate a mini bag of pretzels and a mini bag of baked chips. I didn't track those. :( Good for you for tracking! I'm glad your tests results came back normal.

Hi all! It's supposed to rain today so my headache forecast is cloudy with a chance of migraine. :( I will bring the peppermint oil (thanks, cbabie) and try that. I'm glad it's almost Friday. Traffic should be bad today since it will be raining. I'm going to pretrack again today. I gained weight this week but I think it isn't all a true gain, as I ate noodles with dinner last night and dinner was salty. I will weigh again on Monday to see if I lost any weight.
  • thelistenlady
    Options
    @trooworld I don't really have anything working for me yet! lol
  • thelistenlady
    Options
    My comment was a lot longer but seemed to have been cut off.
  • cbabie
    Options

Afternoon all:
    Wow my day just got away from me. I went to the gym, was there an hour and a half. So yes this is good for me.
    I am trying to get into the good eating habits I have done for years, but last year just was not a good year. So one thing at a time and I will get and keep my health.

@thelistenlady Welcome!! Glad to have you on this board. I think we have all done WW at one time in our life..Some of us have been at this for years, some not...you will find the one thing that works for you.

@theslightedgeforever I can tell you are really upset about his gloves...LOL I know you care, I also know you believe adult children (per say) should be adultish. I am still trying...:) I miss my Iphone!!!

@trooworld Hope your day was without a headache...and you tell that thought in your head to go pick on someone else...you have a plan and it should leave you alone..LOL That's what I try to tell my head when the PB calls my name.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld so did you eat lunch? Trying to figure out why you were so hungry. So now we know you need a Plan B for snacks So next time you are hungry and don’t like the snacks you brought
    A. Is it you don’t like it or wasn’t in the mood for them. B keep extra snacks of something you do like in your desk C keep extra snacks of something you do like in your friend’s desk D. Add a solution. For the ravenous problem could you keep a protein bar or something similar in your purse/car for on the way home

thelistenlady. I have found if I use an emoji from my phone then everything else after that gets cut off. MFP wants you to use theirs. So tell me about the kind of things you like to eat for breakfast

Cbabie good for you for going to the gym. Exercise is a great stress reliever plus endorphin booster to help fight depression Adult children......yeah

So I fully tracked another day. Stayed within my calories and walked outside for 30 min. Another successful day Tomorrow will be my rest day
  • trooworld
    Options
    @thelistenlady well, stick around, you might find a tip that helps you, I've found some good things...like pretracking or breaking exercise up into smaller increments. Sometimes people lose their comments. I recommend pre-typing your comment in Notepad and then copying and pasting into MFP so you don't lose your comment. ;)

@cbabie wow, and hour and a half, that is incredible! My day WAS without a headache (thankfully) and I ate well. Thanks!

@theslightedgeforever yes, I ate lunch. I wasn't in the mood for the snacks I brought. I need to do something. Maybe I'll buy some protein bars, but they are so high in points (thelistenlady--- I am still on WW so track there). But then again, if I don't eat something like that, and go eat something unapproved, that could be worse. Congrats on another great day!

Hello all. I'm glad it's FRIDAY!!! I ate pretty well yesterday, was busy all day so I didn't have time to eat off-plan. Last night, we had pita pizzas for dinner. Oh, I did have something small that someone brought in for their birthday, but it was literally something that was an inch by an inch and I don't feel at all guilty about it. This weekend when I go to the store, I'm going to get some protein bars and some fancy drinks (I tend to buy those too when I'm at work as a treat). We'll see how next week goes. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all!
    I have a Mary Kay Conference starting this afternoon and until Saturday evening, so not sure what I am doing about food yet. Plus no gym time, but it's one weekend. LOL My shoulder really hurt yesterday, but I think it's because I benched pressed and need to just stay away from that for a bit. I got my hair cut and my DGD did my make up and it was fun and I looked younger she said..LOL

@trooworld I am glad to see you still so positive. You are an awesome lady. So glad you didn't have a headache.

@theslightedgeforever great job on getting back on track and staying on your plan. Might as well walk outside when you can, the kind of winter we have had here in AZ makes me wonder what kind of Summer we will have...LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning all

Very busy time at work for me. I am on leave next week, but will also dial in to get some testing done.

Glad everyone is back on board and having fun.

@cbabie - Glad you like your Gym
    @theslightedgeforever - glad you got back on track again
    @trooworld - Glad you were able to enjoy something at work
    @thelistenlady - Hello - welcome. Which part of the world are you from.

Off now - need to buy some carpet for when our tenant moves out

Take care

Trish
  • trooworld
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @cbabie woo hoo for the haircut and makeup! I just got my hair cut and got some new makeup recently, and it made me feel younger, too. I'll change my profile pic to my new hairdo, I like the new 'do, it's a bit edgy, a little like me, but I like it. Take care of your shoulder. Thanks! Unfortunately, that headache came back today but I'm pushing through it not letting it stop me. :D I hope you have fun at your conference and get lots of motivation!

@TrishasTime I hope you enjoy your week off next week.

Hi all! As I said to cbabie above, I do have a bad headache today, but I'm not letting that stop me. I went to the grocery store and bought some healthy groceries (and some snacks and beverages to take to work so I'm not going to the cafe!), I gave myself a manicure, I'm going to dye my hair too. All part of Self-Care Saturday. Hubby is out in the garage cleaning it up. I went out there to lend a hand but he gave me the cold shoulder like, "Get out of the way" so I took the hint and took the dog for a walk instead. My family member gets out of the hospital on Monday and we should be able to get back to a fairly normal schedule. There will still be days when my husband has to go over there and spend the night, but at least we won't have to go to the hospital every day. This means that, except the days that my husband has acupuncture appointments (Tues & Thurs), we can go to the gym after work. Have a good Saturday, everyone!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Trooworld. Did you check out low point WW snacks on instagram? They have such good ideas on there. I like your haircut. Seems like life is getting back to normal for you. I see weight loss in your future

Cbabie Enjoy the conference and make good food choices. You can always walk outdoors even for 10 min when there is a break in the action

Trishastime what color of carpet did you buy? Do you have your meals and exercise all planned out during this busy time?

Fully tracked today and Friday. Under cals today but over on Friday.
    No Exercise today. Rest day was Friday.

Hormones got the better of me today and could not motivate myself to get up and move
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever no I haven't, I will look, thanks for the tip. Thanks, I like it too. Yes, I hope it is. I need normal lol. I need weight loss too! I know you didn't move today but at least you tracked. Yay!

Hi all. I'm so disappointed that I go to the doctor's on Friday and I haven't lost any weight since the last time I saw him and he's going to frown at me. I'm going to say what I usually say, which is: I'm trying! Which I know he doesn't believe, but I am trying. I hope to one day go in there and wow his socks off with my weight loss.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Congrats on your weightloss - well done.

@trooworld - Love love love your hair!! It does indeed make you look younger

The carpet we bought is brown - it is supposed to a party arpet where it is hard wearing and resist stains (apparently good for tenanted properties). I have planned my meals, not sure about exercise yet but I can tell you we are having ratatouille tonight. Did gardening yesterday. Put some new plants at front and transferred on to the side garden (DH) thinks the side garden is here and threaten to pull them out.

Hope everyone is okay

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime thank you! Good for you for planning your meals. That usually leads to success! ;) What is a "party carpet"? That is a term I'm not familiar with.

Hi all. I've decided that I feel better when I wear makeup, so I have made a goal of trying to wear it every day. This means I have to play on the computer less time in the morning. We'll see how that goes! Things are settling down over here, I should be able to get back to a normal routine this week or next, which I look forward to. I hope everyone is well. Have a good day.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    @trooworld - It seems it is mainly you and me at the moment. Party carpet is built to resist stains etc. It is more a flat carpet hard wearing.

I am pff to the dentist again today - wish me luck