WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now....

Joyce - I can see why they love this Roku! Kind of a pain setting up and adding the channels, slow process, but once your done this thing is great! I may not get channels like Animal Planet and Nat Geo, but there are plenty of documentary channels and other science and outdoor channels plus you can get Tubi TV on it which has wild animal shows of all kinds on it, so there is plenty of wildlife and educational content to keep my ever curious lil damaged pea brain learning and happy! I haven't even gone through the whole list of channels yet! After about an hour and almost 200 channels added later I was getting kind of bored with that and called it good. I can always explore more channels in time. For now I am more than content.

Toni - oh I am so contented! I have a nice clean rather big bedroom all to myself with a bed that is soft enough to kinda sink into but firm enough to support my back and a bathroom down the hall that's pretty much mine. It's a two story house, there are two big bedrooms upstairs which one of them is their bedroom, the other is the den/office and a bathroom, and my room is the main master bedroom on the ground floor. I don't have to clean the upstairs since I can't climb stairs anyway and all my housework for them is all done on the ground floor. I will have to ask them what the square footage of this house is, but I'm guessing it's big! All the rooms are oversized. Very comfy. Plus these are neat freak kind of people, which I like cuz that's the way I am, so cleaning the downstairs is a breeze.

Well, I'm gonna get off this thing again. Time to get some sleep. I hope everybody has a good night and gets plenty of sleep! Love you all!! Peace!

Sherry in "Yawnsville, Columbia River Gorge"
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.....

Goals, hmmmm....

Think I will just stick to these....

February:
    Maintain my 1100 calorie goal
    Walk my 4500 steps daily
    Find new docs and build up more medical evidence for my new lawyer
    Watch something educational and learn something new every day

2017:
    Lose 100 lbs by year's end (about 8 lbs gone already from January)
    Love myself more no matter how stupid I get....lol

Word for 2017:
    DETERMINATION

"If your looking for a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm." - Unknown Author

Sherry in "you know where"
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    yup been awake since 1:30 but slept like a rock from about 7:30 until then.. a whopping 6 hrs.. which is not great...
    On Tom... yes I do the cooking.. but he always lends a hand in laundry ,and he does the bathrooms, does most of the outside stuff..and I must say takes after his dad and works and works and works..thats one of the things that worries me
    Told him he needs to chill and maybe find a hobby and learn to relax..
    Today I was going to go down to the beach with my friend and out for lunch but will be to cold down there.
    Tom and I had a discussion last night about finances.. he really tried to push my buttons and wanted total control of my paycheck... and his thought was he was supposed to pay all the bills and I was going to just friviously use mine.. my compromise is that I will deposit say 2/3rds of my paycheck into the joint account for him to pay bills,and I want to sit down with him this weekend and have him show me how he pays the bills..
    I am trying and slowly I am hoping day by day we will make it work..
    Lisa~ so sorry bout Hubby.. hopefully he heals quickly..
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    After putting on nearly 15 pounds and ups and downs through my thyroid meds, I feel I really need to be coming to this group.Thanks Barbie and all you lovely ladies.
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Sorry to hear about DH's wrist, but it is great that the fall wasn't worse
    Meredith - being a missionary in Nigeria must be both exciting and challenging, hope you will share some of your experiences
    Sarah - thanks for the book recommendation; I love Halloumi cheese, but it is really hard to find where I live
    Charleen - liked the lettuce pun
    Toni - totally agree with the sugars in "healthy" foods. I eat very little processed food, but often find it hard to reach my 1200 calories and not go over the goals for sugar, fat or both.
    Lenora - loved how you met your husband and was touched by your hellhole experience. It is really scary how many dangerously bad things happen in the medical world.
    Re - I laughed when I read about DH's cooking. When my husband retired a few years ago, he started cooking some and is actually quite good, but he makes some crazy substitutions and wonders why the dish did not turn out properly. Until his retirement, he considered it cooking when he heated up leftovers from meals I had prepared. I love to cook, so our current balance of having him pitch in once in a while is perfect.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    A quick hello from NYKAREN <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Allie, not busting on you about trying to make it work with Tom. You don't have to justify trying as hard as you can.

Let's see, on the January goals, my "be lighter" usual one--I haven't had a cigarette in three weeks. I am one pound heavier weight-wise, but I consider that an absolute triumph. I had other, more specific goals for January, some of which I kept, some of which I didn't. So for February, it's back to "be lighter." I was 192 at the beginning of January, 193 at the end. I'd like to be somewhere in the 180s in February.

DH is uncomfortable and in pain this morning, got him to take a pain pill and have escaped over to my office. I'm hoping he can go back to sleep. It's how I always heal best.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning all, thanks for all nice comments on my coat.

Just returned from eye test, I have cataracts but they have got much worse. Lovely optometrist she is referring me to a private clinic which will be much quicker than general hospital. it it will be done on NHS so won't cost me anything. I was shocked when she showed me the photos of the back of my eyes, 3 years ago nice and bright and clear now all grey and murky

Kate UK <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    433965qzur0la2nd.gif
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    For those of you that are still following along with this challenge that I am in the following is what we are doing for the month of February. Remember to weigh yourself weekly and take your measurements!

For February, we're going to keep the current exercise challenge going - and add in a new component: sticking to your calorie goal. Each day will be worth a maximum of 2 points - 1 pt for your daily workout, and 1 point for staying at/under your calorie goal.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    I'm HOME! :drinker:

Slept for one hour on the plane, read some books and watched Mamma Mia. :D Long haul is an ordeal. :#
    But we are back and lunched and the post has been opened. How DH drove the two hours home from the airport on no sleep at all, I do not know. I kept nodding off. :o

Will nap for a bit soon.

Lisa - so sorry to hear about DH. Life is so good at throwing curve balls, isn't it. I agree with you, sleep really helps with healing.

Welcome new ladies! Just take us slowly. It can seem overwhelming at first. :)

Amrika - Good to see you back! Are you still running? Lisa has been having thyroid problems too. My DDIL has to take a low dose supplement since her second pregnancy.

Glad to be home. The journey is no fun. I'm sure I will soon forget my horrible illness and just remember the good times we had. There were some very bright moments and DH has apologised for getting so upset. I objected the the fact that he was telling me to hide the way I felt about noise etc so as not to upset him. I think I am entitled to my feelings and we should have good communication. He doesn't have to have a collapse when I have already resolved the situation to my satisfaction and I'm over it. I'm upset for five minutes and he's upset for half a day. Grrrrrrrrrr! Normally we get on superbly on holiday and are very compatible. I think he should MAN UP ! >:)

Love to all, Heather, back in the UK xxxxxxxxxx