WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• bulljm
    bulljm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went with my girlfriend for a walk and walked a mile and a quarter. Felt good and tired after working this morning. But I am feeling good not loosing a lot of weight fast but I know I am trimming up some and that makes me feel good.
    Janeice
    Mn
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Goochinator: Welcome. Weight loss takes its own sweet time. 3.5 pounds in a month is progress the right direction. Celebrate your accomplishment. Stick with us as long as you like. To succeed at this task, I need to keep on counting calories forever; otherwise I'll slide back into old bad habits and end up where I started. I suspect that is true for many people. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I'm glad you're doing so well. I guess I misunderstood something you said earlier. I am having a little bump in weight and need to deal with it now. There has been quite a bit of stress connected with DH's eye surgeries and their timing, and I've slipped a little. I'm back to good behavior now & expect to see things back where they belong shortly. :embarassed:

Karen: I'm going to copy your Churchill quotation into my list. It is eloquent. :smiley:

Kate UK: Thanks for shahring the photos! :smile:

Yoga today was delightful. This was my first class with one of my favorite instructors in several weeks. She's been gone part of the time & I've been gone part of the time until this morning. It felt wonderful.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – When I lose weight I lose it from my face first; and, it is my plan not to look ‘haggard’ no matter what my goal ultimately becomes. Right at the moment my goal is to get to the middle of the range that includes 27. I’ve been 1 point off before and that was when I was under 160; then I found those 5 or 6 pounds. Hiding somewhere between my den and kitchen (when I by-passed my treadmill). I will be so happy when the pool can be opened and I can get in it.

Becca – Looking good!

I’m hoping that next week will bring the ‘smile’ back to my DOS’s face. Hate what he is having to do. Hate that this marriage is ‘hanging by a thread’, at best. Just guess I hope that DDnL#1 ‘surprises’ him by not doing the 2 things he has threatened he’d do if she did. Maybe it will stop the arguments and cursing and threatening to do things that make the girls unhappy during it. On one hand, I hope she decides to leave him; on the other I don’t want him to be ‘lonely’. Unfortunately, we did not meet under ideal circumstances and that has always been a ‘bone of contention’ that she keeps dredging up. At least the last time; Louis was home and I let him do all the talking. But, when it starts coming to my ‘doorstep’ it is time to speak up; and, I did to my son this last week. Cleared the air, so to speak.

KYKARN and Katla – “… before the devil even knows you’re there!”

Kate – I was just about to ask if they are like NYC; after a confetti parade and clean it up as soon as it happens. I see the trash truck and street sweeper. I’m not sure that I would want to be on that float in the 2nd picture unless they have a brace around their waist.

“The Dummy Line” by Bobby Cole is a good book and the first in a series of 3; then he has 2 stand-alone books. It’s been so long since I have read “The Dummy Line” but, I do remember it was ‘good’. Local library told me they were 'not in their system'; but, a week later they call me and tell me they are available. They are 'new' books, too (paperback, never been read before). I'd rather have a 'hardback' because I am rough on a paperback. I usually put a couple of rubber bands around then until I take them back.

Lisa – You’re right … “This too shall pass … and it ‘will feel like a kidney stone’. DOS has not passed a kidney stone; but, I think he will soon … “but remember it’ll pass!”

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Somehow, I missed about 20 post. Keep thinking I am keeping up and then find out I am behind.

Beth ~ It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Hugs for you and all your family. Prayers also.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Katla, Beth, Margaret and many others - the stress of worrying about other people takes such a toll. :flowerforyou: When I was so sick on holiday it was DH who felt the strain. I was just resigned and "surrendered". I have been trying to ignore DH's chesty cold this week, but sometimes his grumpiness irritated me. He is getting better now. :) I am not much of a nurse and would do everything I could to avoid that role. I know my limitations. Short term is fine, like when DH suffers from severe anxiety, but I really admire those of you who have taken on long term caring roles. I am not a patient person.
    I have never asked anyone to go to the doctor with me, or even go to the hospital with me, other than a short visit. I really would not like it. Of course, if I were truly incapacitated I would have no choice. My great fear is to be dependent on others. I intend that never to happen long term.
    When I took the Myers Briggs test it confirmed how I feel. I used to feel guilty that I wasn't a nicer person and thought that I could make myself nicer if I tried hard enough, but I am happy now with my limitations. I have other strengths. :laugh: One of those strengths is selfishness. :o:*;)

Sending love to all the true carers out there. So glad you are in our lives. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Rita Aw I hope things get better <hugs>
    Margaret I like to believe that most people mean well. They don't always have the skill to know what to say or do or the mindfulness to know what not to do. Hope things improve for you <3
    Katia I would love to see that voracious cherry tomato plant, mine didn't do so well last year. So jealous of your blueberries. I go to an organic blueberry farm nearby every weekend from when they open until the last berry is gone!
    Goochinator Welcome
    Re We must have the same scale. Mine does not want to go under 200 but I WILL succeed and the scale will lose, pardon the pun!

Had a great day, work was productive, worked out with my trainer at noon, ate well and good stuff planned for dinner. I go to Toronto tomorrow until Sunday for work. This is where I will be challenged as I can't prepare any of my meals. I can workout so that is good. Wish me luck!

<3 Sarah, Ontario, Canada
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Re- I am very impressed with your hard work and dedication to exercise. Your DH Chasingyou around the room is one of the consequences of losing weight good or bad ;) like you say you are very curvy! I would definitely get rid of the M&M's. They were the downfall of one of my dieting attempts! My freezer is full of candy and desserts. In case I really really really want something. I am planning ahead for a carb refeed day this Saturday. I will have 2 a month. Knowing that I will be able to have whatever I want then keeps me inline now.

Katla - <3 Happy Anniversary <3 tomorrow! Enjoy your dinner with your DH <3

Margaret - fantastic picture! I hope you are feeling better!

Heather - your croissants looked delicious! You are so talented!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    evening Ladies~
    today has not been a good day for me..walked into work today to find that they had hired a new office manager..
    we knew they were looking, but gave us no clue, until she walked in and said Hi I am the new office manager...
    she is 26 yrs old and has worked at a dental office for 2 yrs...
    and all of us well you know we have been around for a long time.. so the girl that is working part time who is the office manager in Hartford will be going back to her office once she has helped Claudia settled in... but they also have a young girl that is the assistant on Mondays and Weds.. I have been working up in the office on mondays and weds... I am having kittens.. Until I talk to my boss, it feels like they are sorta pushing me out...
    I don't need this on top of everything else..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: It is spring for sure now, the horses are shedding like crazy. We have had two dry days and I actually got a small part of the front lawn mowed. Spread the clippings out on the horses hay and they enjoyed a little bit of fresh grass.Doing well on eating today and did an hour of yoga in addition to the lawn mowing.

Katla - Happy anniversary. Enjoy your meal out. I am glad the water is staying away from your door. Your day with Arrow sounds heavenly.

Lisa - Such a lovely poem from a talented woman.

KJ - That boy is a cutie. When will you get to see him again? I know it won't be soon enough.

Rita - Hope your month gets better.

Kim - Hang in there! You are one strong woman.

Margaret - Glad that things are looking up a bit.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Sunday's Progress (3/19)
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B6, L0, D24, BBS 25 = 55)
    2. Fiber 30g (got 20g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

• Fiber - Backed off fiber yesterday. Stomach pain on left side - slightly constipated. Didn't want to add to it. But got 20g anyway. More than I would before I was focused on it.

• Exercise -Only got 13 minutes of exercise yesterday. Need to do some intentional exercise. Thinking of joining a Spring 100 mile challenge. Walk every day and report it on Fridays.

• Sleep - I was up until 5am... for no apparent reason. Had a nice relaxing soaking bath then got on my sofa with my iPad and watched YouTube videos.

• Declutter - I did some decluttering - just not in my listed areas for this month's goal. I've got 2 weeks to catch up!

--Ginger in Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I'm sure your Mama would be bursting with pride and shedding a tear, as am I. Thank you for sharing.

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm not working, all applewatch-
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 14.16min, 12.3amph, 2.9mi = 114c
    SPIN CLASS- 43min, 78ar, 77aw, 155mhr, 10-15g, 10.3mi = 341c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 8.22min, 10.5amph, 1.4mi = 65c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.47min, 9.33min mi, .5mi = 57c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.40min, 10.45min mi, .5mi = 64c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.39min, 8amph, 2.6mi = 149c

total cal 787
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add today's official weigh-in. It's Monday!
    Lost .2 lb this past week. I'll take it... after 2 binge nights this week. I'm happy.

SW: 291.6
    CW: 285.2
    Jan: +5.4
    Feb: -5.0
    Mar TD: -6.8
    2017 TTL. -6.4

--Ginger in Texas
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening MFP friends.
    Lisa-I loved your tribute to your Mom. I still miss mine everyday.
    Kate- I saw your video and also the fire that burned up the statues.
    Re-thanks for your suggestions. I'm not a cottage cheese fan unless it has pineapple in it and pineapple is not allowed. One of the nurses told me if you can cut it with a spoon you can have it. I need to get some canned fruit tomorrow. Never ever give up and good things will happen with your scale. (((Hugs)))
    Becky- .8 is a good loss. Remember to look back at how far you've come and be proud.
    DJ- I can do canned veggies but I prefer fresh or frozen. But I have to cook them so much they are like mush.
    Joyce- the photo of your home without the shrubs shows an amazing difference. Good for you. It took me several years to convince DH that the Line of shrubs dated our house.
    Kim- I have made some soups but not smoothies. I guess that is something I need to do. Thanks.
    Michele- I get tired just reading what you do in a day. You are a super woman!!,
    Karen- Olivia is growing so fast.
    Kelly- love the picture of Joaquin after nursing.
    Katla - Happy Anniversary. Yes, I can have canned fruit but unfortunately I need to buy some. I finished up the antibiotics on Saturday and am beginning to feel normal.
    Worked in my yard this mornings nag for a couple of hours. Planted my "rescued" irises then made a new bed so I would have somewhere to plant all the he irises I dug up a couple of weeks ago.
    SueBDew in TX
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Re said, "Since I have had some questionable eating days, I will not just assume it's water, as I have in the past. I must say, I preferred the certainty of KNOWING it was just water to this ridiculous feeling of dread that it might not be." So I had to post this for you. It's one of my favs.

cbt499gncvvc.jpg
    Love to all of you, <3
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC