WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Things have been crazy. We get home from 3 weeks in FL, this weekend we had to go to VA to help Jess move (she has a real nice place), next weekend I'll leave on Sat. to go to VA then Jess and I will drive to PA on Sun to go dress shopping for the attendants, then I'll drive home on Mon. Not to mention that this week tomorrow we have senior bowling then ceramics in the evening, Rummikub here on Tuesday plus in the afternoon I go to the MD about my trigger finger, have to make cookies for Rummikub probably Tuesday morning, Wed. evening is ceramics, Thurs evening Newcomer bowling, Friday is a Newcomer outing to the local recycling place. I think that'll be real interesting. The next day I drive to VA, the next day Jess and I drive to PA and back to VA, the next day I drive home. Phew!

Got home and ran to WalMart so that the meats I need to make for dinners for the week can start to defrost, bought gas, made dinner and now making a chocolate banana bread for Rummikub. Hope it turns out well.

Exercised every day we were gone, walked on the treadmill one day and used the elliptical today. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the extremepump class

We were talking to the lady at Springhill Suites, and I didn't know that Canadians could only be out of the country for less than 180 days or else they lose their medical coverage. Maybe that's only Quebec, is it Canadians?

Beth - (((HUGS)))) So sorry you had to go thru all that. Get better fast

Loved all the pics especially Mia celebrating

Lenora - the Mother of the Groom is someone who'll do exactly what she wants regardless of anyone else. Yup, there is a Mars in Albany GA. Their primary product is the Combos. Vince said that he isn't aware of them having moved. Hey, Jess' birthday is the 22nd too!!! Loved how Mallory answered the priest

Welcome everyone new!

Vicki - you CAN do this

Heather - croissants look wonderful

Am I glad I made that banana chocolate bread today. One small part of it didn't bake all the way so I made another one and just baked it about an additional 15 minutes

Am thinking that for Jess' housewarming, her and colby's birthdays I'll send them one of those pots that can be a rice cooker, slow cooker, pressure cooker. I forget -- what are they called again?

Michele in NC
    who thinks she got caught up
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I have learned plumbers often do not have garbage disposals because of the problems they cause. I just have to be more careful what goes down the one we have.

:heart: Margaret
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    1 more page but just too tired yawn and night!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Greetings Lovelies,
    Going to do some Spanish before heading up to bed. Trying hard to get in a minimum of 7 hours EVERY night.

LOL - Yinka - it took me a moment to get that you were trying to get 7 hours of sleep. For just a second, I was thinking you REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLYYY wanted to learn that Spanish... LOL.

Great work on the weight-loss!

Hugs!

Re in TX

• IremiaRe
    edited March 2017
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Here is my problem, must eat a soft diet for 3-4 weeks. No fresh fruit or veggies, except shredded lettuce and some melons. SueBDew in TX

Aw, Sue... Is cottage cheese acceptable? I know cheese, in general wouldn't be - but, cottage cheese is a whole different animal... No fresh veggies? They want you to keep the fiber low? hmmm. I was going to say beans and lentils - but they would be prohibited if fiber is restricted. Sorry, Sugar!

Hugs!

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Hey Wonderful Women!

Not much going on. Did better this weekend in the battle of the M&M's. It turns out, my pre-portioned ones - the ones I keep handy - are all gone. I ate most of them - DH ate the last bag. So, I am just going to hold off on portioning them out. I am too lazy to get up from the couch, slog into the kitchen, dig around under the cupboard and portion more of them out, at the moment - so that is a good thing.

But, tomorrow is another day... and it will start all too soon, so, I am off to bed, now.

Hugs for everybody!!

Re in TX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Michelle that multi- cooker is called Instapot. The price range depends on extra functions. The 7 function Instapot has a yogurt setting--it's on Amazon for $99 but there are cheaper ones out there. What a great housewarming gift.

Rori you are in the zone woman--hitting your goals, good for you.

DD has gone back to school, so less cooking and conversation for me but it's all for the good, she is home in less than 2 months.

A full week of work ahead but I can handle it, meal plans and laundry on Sunday are the strategies that set that up. Gonna pack the gym bag and the lunch bag, so off I go.

NYKAREN

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Youtube vid of burning the fallas last night, not my clip

https://youtu.be/Y3bxm-LpWs0

Not sure if you can see it

Kate
  • spikeyhair
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well that didn't work never mind maybe someone can tell me how to copy the link
    Oh it has worked I'm so impatient
    Kate
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Lovelies,

My new digital body fat calipers arrived with the post this morning. To be honest, they look rather like a small instrument of torture! It'll be good to have an accurate measure of my body fat, though!

Heather & Re - I laughed out loud when I read your remarks about my reference to 7 hours of sleep being confused with 7 hours of Spanish study :D And I study with Duolingo, Memrise and some online TV/Radio magazines. For French and Spanish, I also belong to some Meetup groups that come together once a month in a Worcester pub. I've only just joined those, so I'll report later on how they go when I've attended one of them.

I'm studying Dutch, French and Spanish with an aim to being certified at the highest possible level in 3 years' time (i.e. 2020). I will be incorporating some deep immersion training into each language too, so it will certainly be interesting.

I'll be interested to know how your book, Cold Earth by Anne Cleeves goes, Heather, as I need a book to propose when I host our reading group in May. We've not read a crime novel for a long time.

Becky and Paula - I admire your swimming efforts. I work out five days a week with one of Fitness Blender's YouTube videos, sometimes adding 30 minutes of yoga on to the end. But I really need to include walking more (not today, though - rain seems to be incessant).

Love love love

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK (where the memo that it's the first day of Spring seems to have gone missing!)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 segment of 10 Minute Solution Pilates DVD, held my plank for 2min 50 sec, will take the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Slim in Six DVD. Gotta try this one, it's one of the ones I got while in FL

Portioned out my carrots for this weekend. Vince laughs, but I can't see even putting my suitcase away since I'll be using it next weekend. Made my sandwiches and will freeze them for next weekend.

NYKaren - thanks for telling me the name. I'm going to look on Amazon and I think I'll probably send one to Jess.

Yinka - I'd love to find a place that does hydrostatic measuring of body fat. That is supposed to be the absolute most accurate with the caliphers the next accurate. Only I don't even know of any place that does hydrostatic. I would think it would be pretty expensive, tho

Michele in NC
    just checking in
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)