WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Lovelies,

Kate and Marcelyn - what gorgeous pics! Thanks for sharing them - made me smile.
    Heather - nice looking croissants. Enjoy!

Thanks for the positive reinforcements on today's weight loss. I will surely try to keep it up.

Going to do some Spanish before heading up to bed. Trying hard to get in a minimum of 7 hours EVERY night.

Night night ladies <3

Love love love

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    All croissants safely in the freezer - Thank goodness! :D Just had the small one I shared with DH and a tiny scrap one. :o Heaven. <3

Enjoyed "Vera". There will be three episodes more in the series this time. I am reading the latest of the author's other book series, the Shetland series. That has also been made into TV. Reading COLD EARTH by Ann Cleeves. Love detective series.

Barbie - it's fun working with my husband on a cookery project. We used to do it a lot before my healthy eating started. At least we will only be eating the croissants when we have visitors. :o One thing we enjoyed making together was ravioli. Haven't done that in a long time. Another two man job. :D Again it would only be to share with people so I can have a mini portion. Next time we have vegetarian visitors maybe.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Yinka - At first reading I thought you meant 7 hours of Spanish each night!!!!! Phew! I practise my language (currently German) for 10 - 20 minutes a day. Are you using Duolingo?
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    GS's team won their game! Yeah for them! :)

Didn't get to go out for Mexican cause DH has a bad tummy. :'( Will have left over vegetable with meat soup.

Carol
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kate ~ I really like your new pic.
  • cpopal6
    cpopal6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Becky.
    I'm going to start swimming as well. I have had small weight loss 11 lbs overall but clothes are definitely fitting different. Great Becky!!!

Paula. IA
  • loseweightbb
    loseweightbb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Swimming today was also a nice break from doing the treadmill most days. Don't mind the treadmill, but my knees appreciated the change.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Weird day... but got a number of things done. Onward...

Lisa
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Spent the morning doing books, got most of the paperwork off my desk. Cleaned the house this afternoon, then sat and did some quilting. Back to work tomorrow.

Hugs to all
    Paula Y.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :)Becky, My husband makes great marinara sauce in huge batches and then freezes it in canning jars. When we eat it, we have meatless meatballs (I don't eat meat), he has spaghetti and I cook a package of frozen cauliflower. Much fewer calories and tastes just as good as pasta. When I exercise for an hour or more, I have to eat some of my exercise calories or I wouldn't have the energy for the rest of my day.

:)Janeice, how great that you are finally able to walk more after your ankle surgery.

:)Heather, making ravioli sounds challenging and fun.

<3 Barbie
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Good evening lovely cyber ladies! It has only had a high of about 50 today but wonderful sunshine so it is just sweater or sweatshirt weather today. Much better than the 19 degrees we had just 4 days ago. And they say what a difference a day makes. I believe it now!!!!

Heather, love your goodies. Love your chef stove! I was going to ask if you had a gas stove and I see you do. My DH doesn't see why people would even consider a gas stove. We had a house blow up and it engulfed the one next door from an unfortunate gas leak. We could feel it here and we are about 5 miles away. It was like an earthquake. Of course I have never felt a bad earthquake. So he is electric all the way. I do like it that our new stove has a good preheat feature. We have found out that we have not been preheating long enough.

When we were kids at home and Mom would be making a pie, she would trim off the sides and those cuts were ours. Butter, cinnamon and sugar later and pop in the oven a few minutes and heaven was in our hands.

Katla, what does lunging your horse mean? You are going to be in the Olympics soon!!!!!

Church was good this morning. We had a baptism and the man was pretty huge and our pastor isn't. He had a deacon help. Oh, the chairman of deacons was in the hospital for a few days this week. He was having some vision problems, his doctor did some chemistry studies and his blood sugar was 800!!!!!!!!!!! So he is home now and taking 4 insulin shots a day but going to be OK. I can't imagine being a Baptist and being a bad diabetic. We love our church socials. We love to meet and eat or eat and meet whichever you want to say.

The song our choir sang this morning was one of my favorites. Our choir bought a license so they can put our more difficult songs on a CD and let us practice on our own. Now our Christmas cantata practice CD has all the music and each individual is emphasized. So I hear all parts but my alto is the loudest. But this CD is jsut a whole choir and I have to pick out the alto part. some of the harmony is quite tight and it's kind of hard to pick out my part but I guess I did OK. We have 3 more songs on it to perform, one will be for Easter, another on Mother's Day and I don't know when the last one is. But I won't be happy to turn the CD in. We have asked and we do have to, it's all part of the licence to copy either on paper or CD.

Love you guys and see you tomorrow when we will have our two exterior doors put in. When the weather improves, rainy weather goes away, all will be painted. I guess we will have to put Melody in the office so she doesn't get out the front door. The best way to get her in is to close the front door and she gets terrified and runs in.

Joyce, Indiana
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Here is my problem, must eat a soft diet for 3-4 weeks. No fresh fruit or veggies, except shredded lettuce and some melons. I find that I am eating way too many carbs. Today was the first day that I feel almost normal. Tomorrow I plan to walk then work in my garden. While we were at son's ranch this morning I found some beautiful white iris growing along a fence line and in the pasture. We dug up several to plant in my garden.
    Enjoy reading about your lives and your journey.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    j5uuc91gkz8m.jpg
    Bullwinkle n bootz
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Janetr, gosh your DD and DGS are so small. Or, ah, er is that just a really big Texas size chair? Cute pic. ;)

Re, ya know, if we “could” go to the gym in our pj’s I might actually go a little more often. I agree on the nice legs in all the fancy leggings. I wear my “yoga pants” as DH calls them, only to the gym because my legs aren’t legging ready for the public yet.

Joyce, I suggested that you show the before/after pictures of your house. But what is that sign in ID that you are using????

Katla, I am tickled to death about your and Arrow becoming such good buds. I agree that it is a win, win all the way around. I love it when dreams come true.

Gloria, I wore my St Patty’s t-shirt to work-out Friday. When I checked in at the gym both the ppl at the front desk said, “Happy St Patrick’s Day” to me. It was cool. animaatjes-st-patricks-day-37249.jpg

Dianna, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. You are right up the coast from me. You have done great with your weight loss. The closer we get, the harder it gets because our bodies react differently than they did when we were heavier. Keep it up and it will come.

Margaret, I hate plumbing problems. Sorry for your ordeal and the $$$$.

Kate, I’m enjoying your pictures from Spain. Thanks for sharing. (later) Gosh they just keep getting better. The flowers are beautiful. Great new profile pic.

Sarah, how big is your garden? That’s a lot of plants.

KarenVA, thanks for the Olivia pic. She is sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

Beth, hope you can get back on track. (((Hugs)))

Sharon, what beautiful roses. How many years have you been married?

Heather, I love the pics of DH cutting the exact measurements and Edie is so cute. (later) They look wonderful. I think I can smell them right on my computer screen.

Barb, welcome. Sorry you let a number get to you but just know we add to it each year. I’m going to be the BIG 7 0 next month and that doesn’t even bother me. (I know I’m lucky that way) Just come here often for support and information and be as healthy as you can. I think the 50’s and 60’s were the best times of life and hope the 70’s are too. We’re glad to have you.

Sarah, I’ll bet that cross country skiing is great exercise. I hope someone let your DH out of the cage? LOL

Heather, I think I prefer lunch with one at a time also. When you get two or more it is harder to have a conversation on some subjects and I have one friend that will talk the whole time and not give anyone else a chance.
    Yinka, picgifs-congratulations-0880690.gif Keep up the good work.

Allie, you should be proud of your DD. That is terrific.

Marcelyn, it all looks wonderful for the shower. Hope you can have fun.

Joyce, I’m surprised that man with the high blood sugar even survived. That’s unreal. I love hearing about you going to church and singing in the choir.

Sue, I know that diet can’t be easy but can you eat canned green veggies? That sounds better than all the carbs and they are pretty soft. Good luck. (((Hugs)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

The temperature was around 60 today but it was very, very windy. So much so that I talked myself out of going to the gym. I had planned to go today and then not tomorrow as I have a Moose meeting tomorrow night. Now I think I’ll try to go pretty early so I can work it in. I just don’t like to go when all the working people are there. You guys are amazing with all that you do and I love reading about it. Thanks for being my Cyber Sisters.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Allie – 2 thoughts on bed sheets – if you don’t mind if you can’t get an exact match, I have found queen sheets at the second hand store – I got a set for $3 or $4 no pillow cases, but I was ok with that. The other is if you have a queen bed, I have an extra set of flannel sheets I’d mail you…

Great flower pics

Heather – yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue - I would hate a soft diet, I like texture! Can you do some soups and maybe smoothies to add some variety in flavors?

I got a new gardening client - and that will mean 6 days a week… I am happy to have the work, but after 5 hours of gardening I am too tired to get enough done on the embroidery… I am really going to have to spend some time looking at my micros (something I pay almost NO attention to) I am wondering if tweaking them might help with the energy level.

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Gloria – Hope you sister is going to be ‘ok’ and has a speedy recovery. When I flipped my car in Jan of 2012; that is how my sister’s found out I had been in a wreck, thanks to my DDnL#1; both of them called her and were NOT at all pleasant about it. Then, they called me at the hospital and asked why she would have posted this of FB without somebody calling them first. Because this is the way she ‘does things’. Never thinking of the consequences of such action. I had been in a near fatal accident over 20 years ago; no FB, no DDnL#1 either.

Louis called each one of them. I was ‘hot’ that she had not only ‘posted’ about the 1/12/12 wreck but had posted pictures, including the white sheet they put around me because I had to be pulled out through the sunroof. I told her that she had better NOT post ‘anything’ about us on FB ever again. I think FB is partly the problem that couples have marital problems. She will definitely be in my prayers. Also, sorry that you had to find out about your sister, Jill, on FB. That is terrible!

Janetr OKC – You’re right; we are the only ones ‘in control’ of our ‘reactions’ to what others say or do. It is a ‘hard’ thing not to ‘react badly’ when we are hurt in some way. But, it takes 2 people to argue … I’m learning to ‘walk away’.

Meredith – WOW! I have broken into the 160 barrier several times; but, what I lose, I find again. I don’t even think about weight until weigh-in day (which is Tuesday), every other month. I am trying to start incorporating ‘regular’ food back into my diet. But, I do have one NSV – I went down a ‘cup size’ in my bras!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! Good thing, because last week I washed 3 of my ‘old’ bras and the underwire came out of one side. No way to ever sew them back in and not have the punch through. Went to Dillard’s where I normally buy my bras. One exactly like I purchased 2.5 years ago for $38 was not $65. I went on the day that they were donating money to the Susan G. Kohnan Breast Cancer Awareness week. So, I decided I would go to Victoria Secret and found one for $42; ended up buying 2; came home and tried one on, and I did not like the way it fit when I leaned over; so I took it back the next day for an even swap. Then she asked if I had a Victoria’s card; and, since I didn’t I signed up for one and got the other bra for ½ price. Got 6 pair of panties that were also ‘on sale’. No lines, love them!

Janeice – Sorry about your DH. Praying for him to get better real soon. Great loss! Keep at it, and come often and post often.

Heather – Is this you DDnL? Good advice. I certainly can use it. I’m learning to ‘walk away’; and, I ‘dare’ them to follow me home. I also realized when you are talking about going to see the grandkids … it is a ‘long’ trip. Would be like driving through 3 or 4 states for us to get someplace. I guess sometimes we don’t realize how big a country is unless we look at it on a map.

Carol – I have done the same thing; but, mine has been a wider spread. So frustrating when I am ‘so close’ to my goal. Just seems harder.

Lisa – I am beginning to wonder if my DOS is ever going to ‘actually fall in love’ like our DYS did. I had to laugh when my DDnL#2 said that DYS said ‘he wished that a woman would come along and knock his socks off’; but, he’d never ‘cheat’ on his wife, nor would DYS. DDnL#1 makes so much ‘drama’ that it has gotten irritating to the point that I ‘try’ to avoid her. That’s bad, especially when they live next door to us. Not close as in a neighborhood setting; but, still close enough.

Beth – DOS and DDnL#1 are going to be finding out what it is going to be like to have to ‘live within a budget’. I can tell them ‘several things’ that are being done (mostly by DDnL#1) that can be ‘cut out’. Not going to like my stance on certain things. I haven’t had but 2 or 3 Mani-Pedi's since I retired (early) from work. DDnL#1 gets hers done about every 2 weeks. That would be one of the things to ‘go’. She can paint her own nails.

Buying presents for a niece’s child’s birthday, that isn’t close enough to spend money on something. Give them a card and ‘do NOT feel like you have to explain why that is all’. Just sign it and stick it among the other cards and presents. We don’t need any presents.

The first time I was pregnant, Louis’ company changed insurance companies and they tried to tell us that my ‘complicated’ pregnancy was a ‘pre-existing condition’. The did end up paying. His big boss got on the phone with them and explained why they needed to pay and what WOULD happen if they didn’t. It cost them several 100’s of $1000’s and they ‘nit-picked’ every single bill.

Margaret – Our garbage disposal isn’t put in correctly either; but, plumber who came over (he owns the land across from us); said to just watch what and how much we put down it; but, if it gives us any more trouble he suggested we take it out. Really not supposed to have one because we’re on a septic tank.

Leigh – I’m on Medicare and have been since I was disabled from my job; it is always primary. My secondary insurance is the one I had at my job; and, I COBRA’ed it because Louis is self-employed and doesn’t have any. The premium takes more the ½ of my retirement check each month. My retirement check down when I turned 62. That was a ‘surprise’. Now that I will turn 66 this month, my ‘disability’ will just now be called ‘SSI’. As long as they don’t change my amount, they can call it ‘Twiddle Dee, Twiddle Dum’.

This year, if DOS’s had not gotten insurance through his wife’s job; the ‘fine’ would have been $1900 EACH! What I think was the ‘worst’ thing is that nobody read the entire bill; 2600+ pages of it. Then Pelosi said, ‘we’ll have to pass it to find out what’s in it’. Hell’s Bells – much harder to ‘change’ a law than to ‘pass’ one. When DOS checked on The Affordable Care Act to find insurance it was going to cost them about $1000 a month; then they would have a $6000 deductible. No wonder he thought the $1900 fine was worth paying; but, for the past 3 years the fine has gone up significantly. Wife now has insurance (that she doesn’t have to pay for); but, is in an ‘entry level’ job after being someplace for 12 years. She told my DOS not long ago, that she was ‘thinking’ of ‘quitting the job’ and looking for another one. At the moment it covers his college-aged daughter until she reaches 26 provided she stays in school and doesn’t get married. He told her ‘if she did that; she’d be served with divorce papers that very week, because he’d go file them the next day’. MMmmmm … so she hasn’t talked about quitting since. Then she comes up with ‘saving money’ by ‘home schooling their youngest child’. DOS told her ‘that isn’t about to occur; how do you think you will do it’? And still ‘work’? Finances are very ‘raw’ … he told her ‘if’ she got another credit card, store credit, catalog credit and activated it and used it’ … she’ll be ‘gone’. I told him that he needed to ‘stop with threats unless he is willing to go through with it’. Not good on the girls.

Katla – DYS and DDnL#2 and their child live about 6 blocks off the Mississippi; and, there are 2 levees between them; but, if the River gets up to a certain level, they do start putting things up on concrete blocks or moving them out.

Becca
    – {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I’m so far behind at this point; I am just going to ‘read’ to catch up.

No more posts today. Finally caught up. Loved all the pixs.

Lenora
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    2.30am Monday 20 Mar just got in going to bed listening to Spanish bin men (as we call them in UK) they even wash the streets !! Will log In tomorrow and catch up Had a few too many local beers so excuse any typos

Kate (going to bed in Spain)