B)
  • bulljm
    bulljm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    <3 love roses
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, Thank you for the suggestion of books by Margaret Maron. I just finished "The Bootlegger's Daughter". I liked it so much that when I was a just a few chapters into the book, I went in search of the next two books in the series,

:) Jake is having a great time on his trip to Southern California. I am enjoying my time alone during the day, but at bedtime it gets very lonely even with the three pets in bed with me. He'll be back on Tuesday afternoon.

:) The forecast is for no rain today but still colder than I'd like for gardening so even though the weeds are annoying to look at as the dogs and I walk past them, they'll have to wait for a few more weeks to get pulled.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington where it is a beautiful morning for dog walking
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    went to feed DFIL, in a jovial mood this morning which is always a good thing...
    now going to bake some cookies and and then go to grandaughters birthday party at my daughters house.. have to bring folding chairs as they have very little seating..
    need to get some new sheets for my bed, but hate spending the money.. since I am in charge of my paycheck, I am being very careful what I spend things on other than bills...no frivolous shopping for me..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Barbie, I'd share some of our sunshine if I could. We will be 89 today and record breaking 93 tomorrow. Pretty warm for the first day of spring. We have to be at a hospital downtown bright and early in the morning as Jack is scheduled for a stress test. The only thing stressing him is he cannot have any caffeine after noon today. :)

Janetr okc
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    picgifs-dogs-1842505.gif
  • BarbLanoue
    BarbLanoue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just reached my official "senior citizen" age of 55 and it has hit me hard. I thought 35 was bad, but this was worse. I looked at myself and said "I've got to do something to stay young." I turned back to MyFitnessPal, linked it to my Fitbit, asked my son for a bicycle so I can start riding again (and he gave it to me for my birthday). I've started to embark on a daily bike riding routine. This morning, I found this message board. Very inspiring, to say the least. Over the next few days, I am going to read through the posts to help motivate me. Thank you, Barbie!
  • colonagirl
    colonagirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had an outing with 4 of my favorite girl friends yesterday, of course lunch was involved. 4 out of the 5 of us are overweight, boy does that say a lot about our age group ( we're 55-61). Lots going on in our lives. Well, I'm off to Jazzercize. If you haven't tried it, it's a blast and a very good workout. Enjoy this last day of winter! YEAH!!!! Shari in IL
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-26X 10 X 35

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Finally a beautiful day today! It's supposed to get up to 50° today! Getting ready for my first of two-2 mile walks for today. I might go for three!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: The croissants look spectacular. Your DH is obviously skilled and detail oriented. :star:

BarbLanoue: Welcome to a great group. Enjoy your biking. :smile:

Shari in IL: Lunch with girlfriends is one of life's great pleasures. I notice your comment to enjoy this last day of winter. I just shipped winter scarves to my DGK in Illinois. They've been having cold weather. I hope they get some use out of the scarves this year. :flowerforyou:

I woke up with a few aches and pains this morning. I seem to have gotten much more than the usual amount of exercise yesterday. I'm not complaining. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Trying to post pics but not happening will try later

Kate UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, Spring may be starting tomorrow, but I wore my knitted scarf this morning when I walked the dogs and expect to wear it again for weeks. Your grandkids will get a lot of use out of their beautiful scarves.

:)Shari in IL, since I started on my weight loss journey I've begun meeting my friends for a walk instead of a meal.

:)BarbLanoue, I started this journey at age 62 and now at age 70 feel decades younger. For further inspiration and encouragement, consider reading "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin or "Younger Next Year for Women" by Chris Crowley and Henry Lodge MD. I found them at my local public library.

:)Janetr, Jake is the same way about the medical tests that require no caffeine for a day ahead. He has cut down on coffee at a doctor's suggestion but still drinks several cups every morning.

:)Heather, your baking project looks great. What fun that you and your husband can do it together and that you have enough space in your kitchen for the required work.

:) Dog walking this morning was great. No rain and the moon high in the sky. We walked for awhile alone before first light, then met a friend and her dog and walked with them for 30 minutes. When she went home, my girls and I walked for awhile until Bessie wanted to go home, then Sasha and I continued. Total walk was 2 hours and 17 minutes. We'll walk again later, but not nearly as long.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The croissants are not rising very much at all. :'( I am trying to be optimistic and have patience. It could be that the yeast wasn't fresh enough - it was two weeks past its sell by date. I'm still hoping they will grow. If not I will bake them anyway and they will be puff pastry crescents instead of croissants. :o

BarbLanoue - I married my current husband at age 55 and felt my life was just beginning! Breast cancer then slowed me down quite a bit, but then I put on a concerted effort to get fit and slim and transformed my life. I feel better now than I have since my 30s. :D I am now 67.

Shari - Lunch with girlfriends is great, but it is in my character to prefer lunch with one friend at a time. I love that kind of intimate conversation. That I consider heaven. <3 On Tuesday I am going out to a local pub with an old school friend. I know I will have salmon and vegetables, so not at all fattening and I will enjoy exchanging our deepest thoughts. <3B)

Wish me luck with the croissants!

Heather UK xxxxxxx

The TV series "Vera" is back tonight with a new series. I know some of you follow it in the US. There are also books. She is a middle aged detective, with an astonishing brain, despite her shambling appearance. Love it. :D
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Going to the 7 yr old's ball game at 3 and then to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner that will include frozen Margaritas.... Yum! Have tried to only have protein so far today so I can enjoy this one meal out. It's beautifully sunny but there is a cold Spring chill so will have to wear my coat.

Carol