30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Hey everyone I posted on here the other day but got behind since. I've been keeping my carb count between 0-20. Although none of my days have been zero. Looks like you guys are doing well! :) Keep up the good work!
  • Fabulous50
    Fabulous50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 16
    34 carbs
    16 fiber
  • gh8787
    gh8787 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - 05/16/2017
    Total carbs - 46
    Net carbs 24
  • gh8787
    Options
    stephyyyo wrote: »
    So I had an awful day. TMI ALERT.
    I didn't tell you guys but I had a surgery last Tuesday and I was put under anesthesia and have been taking meds daily. Well in addition to that AND keto diet my digestion has completely been blocked off. So today I have literally eaten less than 250 cals 31 net carbs and not eating anymore cause I feel like throwing up just the thought of food. I have not gone properly to the bathroom for 6 days now and have massive migraines. I've been taking a lax since yesterday with nothing helping.
    Anyone else suffering from not going to the bathroom??

Yup, same struggle here. I started taking chia seeds yesterday to try and increase my fibre so hopefully that helps. I'm also going to try and eat more celery. Hope you feel better soon:)

• gh8787
    Options
    ck2d wrote: »
    I got my 5 pounds, so I guess I'll up my goal to 10.

Way to go! That's great!
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    gh8787 wrote: »
    I got my 5 pounds, so I guess I'll up my goal to 10.

Way to go! That's great!

Thanks!
  • Aikar
    Aikar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to go way under on my fat today - like 75 grams under. The only way around it is to eat some extra protein.
    Looks like I'm going to go way under on my fat today - like 75 grams under. The only way around it is to eat some extra protein.

what about a fat bomb or bullet proof coffee?

what about a fat bomb or bullet proof coffee?

I did a coffee. Not sure about fat bombs. Something tells me they could be quite triggering. If I continue to have low fat days I'll have to give them a shot.

nooo! Fat is not a "Goal", it's a limit!
    NEVER "eat more fat just to get more in"

Protein is a REQUIREMENT
    Carb is a LIMIT
    Fat is a FILLER

You only need to hit your protein number. Hit it (and going over is ok too, just no benefit to going extreme)
    Don't go over your carb LIMIT
    Then the rest to fat should only be to keep you satiated! If you are not hungry, don't eat!

If you are following a ketogenic diet, every fat gram you eat is fat your not burning from your body instead.
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 9 for me 5/16/17
    7 net carbs
    Goodnight Neverland!!.....
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 17
    Total carbs 11g
    Net carbs 4g
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    May 15th
    TC = 36
    Net = 30
    Cal = 1163

May 16th
    TC = 25
    Net = 17
    Cal = 1209

I don't even want to talk about it or make excuses :(
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    5/17 total carb: 21
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Net carbs = 8 day unbelievable this is getting easier. Really cut my calories low but I'm hoping to shift some numbers.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    38 Total carbs and 22 Net carbs.

I do love having an avocado for a snack, only problem was the one I had yesterday was a little less than ripe and was kinda hard to chew, like tree bark. I hope the one I have today is a bit better.

• UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I noticed even sugar-free gum has at least one carb in the brand per piece of gum that I happen to have
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Total: 36
    Net: 24

Scale is heading the right direction again, thank goodness

Total: 42
    Net: 27

A little higher than normal, but still within the limit.

• kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Question - I'm desperate!!! I now have the stomach bug/virus/flu that my daughter went to the hospital for on Sunday. She had it from Thursday morning until Monday morning. What are some Keto foods that I can eat to soothe my stomach? Bananas, bread/toast and crackers were all my "go-to's" in my "prior life." This is the 3rd time I've had a stomach bug/virus/flu in the 3 years that I have been low carb and every time I give in to my old "go to's" to get by and can't get back on track easily. I need to make a change. I have Joseph's Pitas and Extreme Wellness low carb tortillas. They are 5-6 NET carbs each. I can go with that but would like to know of other lower carb options that aren't dairy or eggs... I am drinking water and diet ginger ale (I know, not the best choice but the water isn't tasting so great at the moment. The ginger ale is going down better and I need to hydrate as best as I can). I have Zevia ginger ale but can't stomach it right now. The after fast is killing me. I appreciate any and all suggestions! And so does my stomach!
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    kpdover wrote: »
    Question - I'm desperate!!! I now have the stomach bug/virus/flu that my daughter went to the hospital for on Sunday. She had it from Thursday morning until Monday morning. What are some Keto foods that I can eat to soothe my stomach? Bananas, bread/toast and crackers were all my "go-to's" in my "prior life." This is the 3rd time I've had a stomach bug/virus/flu in the 3 years that I have been low carb and every time I give in to my old "go to's" to get by and can't get back on track easily. I need to make a change. I have Joseph's Pitas and Extreme Wellness low carb tortillas. They are 5-6 NET carbs each. I can go with that but would like to know of other lower carb options that aren't dairy or eggs... I am drinking water and diet ginger ale (I know, not the best choice but the water isn't tasting so great at the moment. The ginger ale is going down better and I need to hydrate as best as I can). I have Zevia ginger ale but can't stomach it right now. The after fast is killing me. I appreciate any and all suggestions! And so does my stomach!

I'm sorry! That sounds rough. My only advice would be tea and bone broth or chicken stock.

Would a simple chicken vegetable soup w/veggies like celery, onion, turnips, light carrots, kale, tomatoes, etc be an option? It might be higher carbs than normal, but would have a reasonable fiber amount, and would hopefully be soothing to the stomach while giving you a little more nutrition...

If you are going to have bread, maybe make French toast so that you are at least getting some protein. My son used to eat French toast with butter/jam like regular toast, which would cut down on sugary syrup.

Also, yogurt is good for digestion if you can stomach it. Maybe make a smoothie with a little bit of banana, berries, yogurt and either water or almond milk?

I hope you feel better soon!
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kpdover wrote: »

I'm sorry! That sounds rough. My only advice would be tea and bone broth or chicken stock.

Would a simple chicken vegetable soup w/veggies like celery, onion, turnips, light carrots, kale, tomatoes, etc be an option? It might be higher carbs than normal, but would have a reasonable fiber amount, and would hopefully be soothing to the stomach while giving you a little more nutrition...

If you are going to have bread, maybe make French toast so that you are at least getting some protein. My son used to eat French toast with butter/jam like regular toast, which would cut down on sugary syrup.

Also, yogurt is good for digestion if you can stomach it. Maybe make a smoothie with a little bit of banana, berries, yogurt and either water or almond milk?

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much! The broth idea doesn't turn my stomach at all! I think can do that! I'll add veggies for some nutrition and it will hydrate in adddition! I really appreciate the advice!
  • KristySnow0729
    KristySnow0729 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    May 16th
    Total carbs 16g
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My day 6 was 60n gms. Just when you figure it out sorta, you sabotage yourself by mindless eating. Grrr