30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Options

Replies

• ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Xee14 wrote: »
    I'm 7 days into keto, feel a lill bit of palpitation in my upper chest. Also muscular pain in my right leg. Also I'm super hungry every 2 hrs am I doing something wrong.

The leg pain is probably an electrolyte imbalance. Drink a PoweradeZero (no calories, no carbs) and it should help. I aim to drink a couple a week.
    It sometimes takes a couple of weeks with no going over 30 carbs to get into ketosis. I was amazed when I stopped feeling hungry. Stick with it, it will happen.
    Also make sure you eat your carbs throughout the day. If you have them all in one meal, that will give you an insulin jolt (which makes you hungry) and will keep you out of ketosis.
  • littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finally got to the doctor, got a new glucose monitor, and my fasting number was 95 today! YAY! Normally it is around 110 (Under 100 and closer to 90 is normal!) New doctor is not happy I am doing Keto and Intermitent Fasting 18:6 but I have FINALLY found something that works for me and she had no clue about the science as to why these two things combined are good for type 2 diabetics. She wants me to see a nutritionist but you know how they love to push the food pyramid and grains just give me huge numbers. Nope. I am sticking to what works!
  • looweesa
    looweesa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 10

Net carbs: 12

Feeling good today :smile:
  • ck2d
    Options
    21 total carbs today.
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    31 carbs today 5/18/17
  • kpdover
    kpdover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5/17 = 66 Total carbs. All from oyster crackers. It was all that I could eat - stomach flu

5/18 = 63 Total carbs and 42 Net carbs. Under calorie goal. 8 glasses water. Still only ate what appealed to my stomach. Did the best that I could.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    18 total - 1 fiber = 17 Net. Lot's of food today, but I was hungry! Dinner out with my honey. I try to eat when I'm hungry and not when I'm not.

Correction 30 total -1 fiber = 29 net. Forgot the Bell's Oberon Ale with dinner....more fiber less beer. ha ha
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    May 18
    Total carbs 10g
    net carbs 7g
  • ck2d
    Options
    Are you tracking exercise in MFP?
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Day 11
    5/18/17
    7 net
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    maxapeden wrote: »
    Day 10 5/17/17
    3 net carbs

Nice to see someone else get low numbers. I tell you I'm eating twice a day and today scored -1 carb till after dinner when I splurged on halo top ice cream coz I went for a run. And seriously - 1.
    Total carbs 26. Fibre 18 = net 8 carbs.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind about desert as I was full from dinner might do a fat bomb to hit my macros right on.
    Net = 2 this made me happy.

Day 13 following LCHF. Cleared out my secret frozen brownie stash gave them to my sister. No going back
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    34 Total Carbs and 20 Net.... Bring on the weekend!!! I will be spending most of it on a lacrosse field, so I picked up some cheese sticks wrapped in prosciutto to eat during the day
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Xee14 wrote: »
    I'm 7 days into keto, feel a lill bit of palpitation in my upper chest. Also muscular pain in my right leg. Also I'm super hungry every 2 hrs am I doing something wrong.

If you are feeling something in your chest don't *kitten* around, get to a Dr to be checked out. As for the hunger, make sure you are getting plenty of fat, like an avocado does a great job of filling me up for a long time.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    5/19 total carb: 24
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    5/19

Barely made it within the goal:

Total: 49
    Net: 44

We are in the process of doing a cross-country move (from TX to CA) and the process has been really stressful. No excuses, but I keep having that "I'm so stressed right now that I just don't care" feeling, of course I DO care in the morning when my weight is up, or stays stubbornly the same. Hopefully this weekend, since we don't have any formal "plans" outside of dinner out tonight (hoping to find a salad or veggie w/a protein and avoid any starchy potatoes/breads/sugary sauces/etc.) I will be able to pull those numbers back down.
  • maxapeden
    maxapeden Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    palsky wrote: »
    maxapeden wrote: »
    Day 10 5/17/17
    3 net carbs

Nice to see someone else get low numbers. I tell you I'm eating twice a day and today scored -1 carb till after dinner when I splurged on halo top ice cream coz I went for a run. And seriously - 1.
    Total carbs 26. Fibre 18 = net 8 carbs.

Thanks, yea I discovered if I only eat high fiber vegetables like avocado and spinach it's easy to stay below 10 net even close to 0. Wow -1 tho haha that's crazy I will aim for that. Btw I love halo top too I've tried almost all the flavors, best food discovery I've made in a while.

Keep it up, thanks for the feedback,
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Ended up with zero carbs yesterday! Was pleased with that. Have had 4 so far today.
  • littlecrunchy190
    Options
    May17: 25 total
    May18: 33 total ..... not good but still in keto!
  • littlecrunchy190
    Options
    5/19

Barely made it within the goal:

Total: 49
    Net: 44

We are in the process of doing a cross-country move (from TX to CA) and the process has been really stressful. No excuses, but I keep having that "I'm so stressed right now that I just don't care" feeling, of course I DO care in the morning when my weight is up, or stays stubbornly the same. Hopefully this weekend, since we don't have any formal "plans" outside of dinner out tonight (hoping to find a salad or veggie w/a protein and avoid any starchy potatoes/breads/sugary sauces/etc.) I will be able to pull those numbers back down.

Even with all the stress you are doing great! I hate moving! 14 moves in 19 years! (Military family)