WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Allie - your post about your happy, relaxing, grown up evening, warmed my heart. <3 You know, life can be like that for you, most of the time, now you have claimed your life back. :D

Medical advice nowdays is not to drink too much water. Liquids count as water and some vegetables contain a lot of water. There is no health advantage in drinking more than you are comfortable with. As long as your urine is light coloured and you have a good throughput, you are fine. It is, in fact, dangerous to drink too much water. If you are consuming around 64 oz in total liquids a day, that is good.
    I am a tea-aholic and drink around 5 or 6 large mugs during the day and evening with a splash of semi skimmed milk. I drink one large mug of strong milky coffee after exercise in the morning. I log 100 cals for all my added semi skimmed milk. I drink a glass of fizzy water with bitters or fresh lime juice in it with lunch. I sometimes have a very spicy tomato juice or a carrot juice around 5 pm. (60 cals.) I have a drink with my evening meal - sometimes non alcoholic, (slimline tonic, lime and bitters) sometimes alcoholic, which could be pastis, (70 cals), manzanilla sherry, or, once a week, wine. I try to avoid wine because we always finish the bottle between us and I don't feel good about that. :noway: I am trying to have more alcohol free days. I was doing brilliantly before the cruise and want to get back into that habit. :D I want to get back to below 14 units a week, which is the government guideline. I had got down to around 10. That made me very happy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for September thread
    Welcome any newbies
    Hugs for those who need them and congrats to those who've lost weight
    I'm struggling to stay on track foodwise, good days and bad but exercise every day. Need that boot everyone

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    Regarding beverages ... except on odd occasions, I don't drink my calories.

Black coffee. Tea with no sugar or milk. Lots of water. Diet coke.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle, nice to have another girl from UK not many in this group in fact think there are only 2 now, Heather and myself. Apologies if there is anyone else. My brother and his family live in Derbyshire, lovely part of the countr. I am in Liverpool

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~ early start to the day,, going to take the dogs for a walk, get granddaughter on bus, then work 8:15 to 5, have most stuffed packed and will finish making deviled eggs tonight.. sleeping on the couch as Taliah is staying overnight and we are leaving super early tomorrow.
    the dogs and I all got our haircuts yesterday , and except for driving for 2 hrs in the morning to get the wicker bureau which I love... the day was great...the living room is getting full of my stuff as is the spare room down stairs
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Joyce I am an orchestra teacher at elementary school level so yes september is new year's to me!

Michelle welcome aboard, keep checking in, the accountability and support is terrific here.

Rori as a first baby step, sounds like a good plan. Start out small and build that relationship. Good for you on the weight loss.

Goals:
    • maintain gym habits
    • maintain meal prep habits
    •read more-watch less
    •steer clear of toxic or negative folks at work

NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I lost 0.5 lb last week. Delighted! :D

Michelle - Welcome from me down south. B) Hampshire.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx, getting ready to leave for my nephew's 16th birthday bbq.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Goals:

Did get most of the paperwork done.
    Now trying to not let it get so bad again.

Did eat a high fiber diet last month

Did swim 12 times

This month:
    Work on clearing my stuff out our attic. Kids and DH is their responsibility.

Continue eating high fiber.

Watch my portions.

Swim 12 times

:heart: Margaret

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good morning-a bit rainy here in Virginia. Can not complain about this week-of course, maybe later today I could have some disaster. Read through our new month and glad to see everyone is kicking it forward. Big plans-grocery shopping, eat leftovers, and go to Y. I read that weight loss is most effective if you combine watching calories, cardio, and strength training. Ugh. I guess I will be adding strength training. Would 1 hour a week be enough?
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow, September is here. Past week was busy with paperwork and and a bit of stress. IRS is auditing our 2015 taxes. My husband keeps great files and I've almost gotten all the documentation we need together. It was hard to fit time in for walking with Ella (my dog) but I made it happen everyday and that kept me sane. ;)
    Wishing everyone the best with the goals this month. Thanks Barbie for the new thread.
    Betsy in NW WA
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    August:
    19,418 meters (12 miles) swimming
    47.5 hours purposefull exercise
    Weight down 1.5 pounds.

September goals:
    Exercise:
    --Prepare for cancer research swim on Oct 1: http://www.swimacrossamerica.org/site/TR/PoolSwim/Dallas?fr_id=4493&pg=entry
    --Exceed August swim and exercise goals.
    --Ride bike to and from gym without needing to resort to walking the last few blocks.
    --Do a lunge without holding on to couch (right now front knee will not support this move without the help)
    --Do daily feet/ankle exercises.

Eating/diet:
    Due to some serious physical fatigue and difficultiy mentally on previous diet I am resetting this month or two
    --Eat at maintenance for a month and do not weigh myself until end of month (9/25 or later)
    Keep 40 protein 40 carb 20%fat ratio (+-5)
    --

Other:
    --Find job I can walk to that I won't hate or require me to stand all day.
    --Submit photos to at least one jurried show.
    --Take at least 5 portfolio worthy photos a week
    --Get cats their yearly physicals (major production as arrangements can be a big deal b/c I don't drive and our regular vet not open in weekends so husband can't do it).
    --Arrange for junk haulers to get the two old (20th century behemoths) 250 pound tv's ( and anything else I think of) out of here.
    --Clean out my home office

Pretty depressed, hot flashy and grumpy here so I'm just gonna sign out now. Hope everyone is well.

Rye in TX
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)