Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I love that I can work OT and not have to work an entire shift. I get to blow this popsicle stand in less than 30 mins.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Apparently a couple people think me making a status about my 300 lb dream equalled me fat shaming. I didn't mean it that way, the main reason I was horrified in the dream was that me looking so big meant that all my hard work had not paid off, which I mentioned in a later comment on that status. What do you guys think?

Totes fat shaming, fo' sho'! XD Nah, I think too many people are way too sensitive when it comes to weight and just assume everything is about them. I've dealt with it before in the past and that's partially why I created a separate FB page tracking my entire weight loss thing which reminds me, I haven't updated it in a while. I should start again....
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Time for my weekend at work. I see I didn't miss much...everyone ready for Christmas?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I finished my finals and had a more hectic week than I expected, not much down time. I'm hoping to actually slow down a bit next week, but we'll see. As for Christmas, I'm mostly ready. Just got to get a few more things wrapped and shipped off to various nieces and nephews.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Made the wife upset again. It's pretty easy to do around the holiday time. I get things like candy or cheap toys and put them in the stockings about every other day. The kids love it but the wife thinks I'm undermining her schedule because the kids want the toys and candy rather than get ready for school right away. Most of the time they wouldn't have gotten ready right away anyway. They would have played on the iPad or computer for 30 minutes first. I just gave them something besides the electronics to look at. I think she thinks that makes them like me more than her. :frowning:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    They should be on break now though, right?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm very tired.
    I'm watching SSP's dogs this weekend and unless I am exhausted from walking/hiking/mattress gymnastics, his bed isn't comfy.
    So I got almost NO sleep.
    Although Gunner and Brody(SSP's dogs) are adorable, Gunner is WAY too easily excited and Brody will NOT STOP LICKING GUNNER! :angry:
    I never notice any of this when SSP is with me. :confused:
    I could also blame the cup of coffee I had before shopping with my mom at 7am this morning(Friday) for my inability to sleep well.
    I needed to go shopping because I needed new underwear because it kept falling down inside my leggings. I also got a new pink hoodie(yes, it IS as awesome as it sounds) and two new pairs of plain black leggings. All of which are in a size MEDIUM!
    I kept holding up underwear like "there's no way my butt has gotten this small" but I just hit 165, so I guess it has. Bonus: I won a gift card at the holiday party so it all ended up costing me only $7. Plus I had a $25 HEB gift card so I was able to pick up some more Muscle Milk Naturals. That chocolate flavor is DELICIOUS!
    Also went to the post office and dropped off all my Christmas cards for this year. I tried to get everyone but I ran out of stamps....and then cards...and then it was all just a bust because the holidays are exhausting.

After I expressed my concerns regarding the schedule for next week, Sergeant Young and Sergeant Smith both INSISTED I take a mental health day on Tuesday again, since I was only scheduled 4 hours on Tuesday to make up for the 12 hour shift I'm pulling on Friday(Christmas Day). So I'm using 4 hours of Holiday, that I will be earning RIGHT BACK by working on Christmas for 12 hours. :lol:
    They really had to twist my arm. :laugh:
    So queue another week of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday off! Also, I don't mind working Christmas because I will get the morning with my family, get some sleep, and I can take Christmas dinner for my lunch while I'm at work. :naughty:

Also, Star Wars for me on Tuesday. :mrgreen:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Also, Star Wars for me on Tuesday. :mrgreen:

I'm planning on going Sunday morning!
    Time for my weekend at work. I see I didn't miss much...everyone ready for Christmas?

Define ready? lol I'm only ¼ of the way done with my Xmas shopping. I talked with coworkers and since they all have little ones, I volunteered to work Xmas eve/day and they in turn will work New Years eve/day and I get it off to spend time with my gf.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @lacroyx I use to do the same thing. Very cool of you

@lilaclovebird Star Wars on Tuesday for me too!!!! Me and the hubs need a new mattress. Cha-ching. I have to work Chirstmas eve night but off Friday and the weekend. Plus we'll be without my stepson, he'll be at his momma's. I hope I'm exhausted after this weekend lol! :D
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I've worked Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving every year for 13 years. My family has gotten used to celebrating holidays either before or after the holiday. This year, the vet I just got working for me said he would work a 36 hour shift from Christmas Eve through Christmas day. He is taking New Years Eve off. I questioned his sanity, but when he assured me he wasn't drunk or having a stroke, I said, "Deal!" So this will be the first Christmas that three of my kids will remember having me at home on Christmas day. Actually it might be all four. I'm not sure my oldest was old enough to remember me being home for Christmas.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I've worked Christmas, New Years and Thanksgiving every year for 13 years. My family has gotten used to celebrating holidays either before or after the holiday. This year, the vet I just got working for me said he would work a 36 hour shift from Christmas Eve through Christmas day. He is taking New Years Eve off. I questioned his sanity, but when he assured me he wasn't drunk or having a stroke, I said, "Deal!" So this will be the first Christmas that three of my kids will remember having me at home on Christmas day. Actually it might be all four. I'm not sure my oldest was old enough to remember me being home for Christmas.

Well THAT'S pretty smurfing awesome!
    YAY!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    That's frickin awesome!!!!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I know! :smile: I am pretty excited. With all the snow we are getting, I'm taking the kids sledding. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Man, before I was a parent...I put it to work every holiday...not off...please schedule me EVERY holiday. I love holiday pay. I'm scheduled to work Christmas but come in at 11 that night so I miss out on holiday pay this year. My family does Christmas Eve as a big shindig and that falls on my normal day off and I'll be home Christmas morning...so I can't complain too much.

Elka's party was great! Barbie everything! We took her to pizza/game place a few days before and the lady heard her say she wanted this 2000 point unicorn pillow and when Elka said she had 695 tickets, the lady asked her if she wanted to make a deal and get the unicorn but only the unicorn. She did and named it Boba (after the boba balls she put on her froyo while there, lol). Six years old now. Wowzers.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Man, before I was a parent...I put it to work every holiday...not off...please schedule me EVERY holiday. I love holiday pay. I'm scheduled to work Christmas but come in at 11 that night so I miss out on holiday pay this year. My family does Christmas Eve as a big shindig and that falls on my normal day off and I'll be home Christmas morning...so I can't complain too much.

Elka's party was great! Barbie everything! We took her to pizza/game place a few days before and the lady heard her say she wanted this 2000 point unicorn pillow and when Elka said she had 695 tickets, the lady asked her if she wanted to make a deal and get the unicorn but only the unicorn. She did and named it Boba (after the boba balls she put on her froyo while there, lol). Six years old now. Wowzers.

The bolded is me. Completely. Give me ALL the holiday time. Give me ALL the overtime. I have NOTHING ELSE going on. PAY ME! $$$$$
    Although my mother is happy that she will get Christmas morning with me. :smiley:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Oh, and here is a tmi tidbit courtesy of me. Several years ago I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. Docs checked it out, no biggie, it will go away on its own most likely. I could FEEL it, kinda like gas or or baby kicks or a balloon being inflated slightly and deflated. Eventually, went away. The other day, I felt it again. On Friday, it felt like baby kicks! Not painful but intense. And I can feel it (weird sensations) down in my hip. I know I'm not pregnant, fyi. So I google it. Apparently when ovarian cysts get big (like a mothertruckin' grapefruit big) they can present this symptom. Ga-rate. Great. So I called the doc and was like "Uh, my kiddo's birthday party is tonight...do I need to go to the ER or can this wait?" They said as long as I wasn't in any pain, I could wait. So for the last two days, it feels like a baby is in my left hip/lower abdomen kicking around off and on. Soooo...I have a feeling I'll be needing surgery to get that sucker removed...assuming there is something actually there. My luck, they're will be nothing...just phantom baby kicks...
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Loooove holiday pay
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I don't get holiday pay where I work, but I volunteered to cover the other auditor's shift on Christmas Eve anyway. I figure the extra shift is still extra $, and working overnight, I'm not exactly missing out on any festivities...though my family assures me I better be ready to open presents as soon as I get home...I think I can handle that....
  • jennifer_417
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sooo...looks like I'm more or less obligated to go to the company Christmas party. It's Monday and I have to take something. What should I make?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Oh, and here is a tmi tidbit courtesy of me. Several years ago I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. Docs checked it out, no biggie, it will go away on its own most likely. I could FEEL it, kinda like gas or or baby kicks or a balloon being inflated slightly and deflated. Eventually, went away. The other day, I felt it again. On Friday, it felt like baby kicks! Not painful but intense. And I can feel it (weird sensations) down in my hip. I know I'm not pregnant, fyi. So I google it. Apparently when ovarian cysts get big (like a mothertruckin' grapefruit big) they can present this symptom. Ga-rate. Great. So I called the doc and was like "Uh, my kiddo's birthday party is tonight...do I need to go to the ER or can this wait?" They said as long as I wasn't in any pain, I could wait. So for the last two days, it feels like a baby is in my left hip/lower abdomen kicking around off and on. Soooo...I have a feeling I'll be needing surgery to get that sucker removed...assuming there is something actually there. My luck, they're will be nothing...just phantom baby kicks...

I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit that I had to have surgery for about 3 years ago...it wasn't much fun. But what made it really bad is I developed a hip-to-ankle blood clot the day after. The thing that no one tells you about those is that they're incredibly painful. When I 1st got home from the hospital (I was in 8 days), I couldn't even stand for anyone to sit on the end of my bed because even that much movement was excruciating.