Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That's a few NSVs you're looking at there, @lilaclovebird! Nice work.
    @sufferlandrian -that sucks...good luck!

SPEAKING OF NSVS!

I totally unintentionally (ETA: Forum) stalked a certain user on MFP(rabbitjb) a few months back and she seemed like she was getting a wee bit annoyed by it. Anyway, just now, on another thread, she TOTALLY COMPLIMENTED ME! :flushed:

I'm like BEAMING right now. She's the smurf!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - Nice! Way to go. :smile:

Got the pile down to an inch. :wink: Maybe I will get out of here in time to go skiing. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm not looking forward to going to Wal-mart today. It will be so damn busy! But alas...the cupboards are bare. Also stopping by Sally for some fresh color!!! I'm thinking darker purple...unless they are out...then who knows? My kid keeps trying to get me to go yellow. I kinda want to try it but I can't even wear yellow clothes because NO yellow shade flatters me. Buuuut...I want to look like a cartoon! Yellow hair with a bright red lip...no...no...don't do it...think of the fading! I'm a pale pale purple with a still rather vibrant turquoise swath up front. I think we'll just top the whole thing with darker purple, the turquoise will give it a different tone there...

I'm also thinking we need one more thing for Elka. Santa only has three presents for her right now...and we didn't get her that one big thing this year. I want something BIG for her...maybe not pricey but just BIG...I was thinking bean bag chair maybe? But the pooch...he isn't a chewer in general but some kinds of foam tempt him...those little styrofoam beads make me wonder if he'll be tempted!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    OMG...this broad just talked my ear off about her and her family. They are staying here so her 16 year old daughter can meet the dude she has been dating online for a year. What!? The two families are going to meet for dinner tomorrow. She was saying the other mom was a "rich b*%#h". I hate to judgey...I take that back, no I don't...I love to be judgey...this broad was an effin' GOON. I wish I could be a fly on the wall at that eating establishment Tuesday...
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    kinda bummed that the "intermittent farting" thread is closer to the top than this one...so i'm doing my part to fix that. :)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Soooo...I saw maple bacon cookie mix at Wal-mart. Didn't get it...I regret it now.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I just want bacon...no cookie part necessary. But I know how that salty sweet combo gets you @Frankie_Felinius
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Got in an hour of XC skiing this morning. The snow was FANTASTIC! Hoping to get out on the fat tire tomorrow. It's snowing pretty heavy tonight which should make the Fat Tire trail pretty good. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    hmm...maple bacon cookie mix? that's unique, I wonder how that would taste...

After I posted a pic of the mix on Instagram I checked out others who had made them. Everyone said they were delish! I didn't see any negative comments. Dammit!

Hahaha @lilaclovebird! So true!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    You know what is sad? Until this year, I'd never watched "A Christmas Story". Never even caught a part of it on TV. My fiance bought a copy at Goodwill the other day. I was raised (primarily) by my grandparents so I missed out on a lot of movies other kids my age watched (Goonies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Big, Dirty Dancing, Star Wars, etc). I've seen most of them now because my fiance will find out I haven't seen something and is so blown away that he makes a point to make me watch them. Somehow "A Christmas Story" slipped through and I've just NOW watched it at 34 years old...and I LOVE it! Everytime my kid watches it (it is the only movie she has right now), I end up watching it with her...so good! I can't wait to watch it every year now!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hm. Just slept for about 14 hrs straight. I knew I was tired...but I am seldom able to sleep more than 5-6 hrs at a time these days.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    You know what is sad? Until this year, I'd never watched "A Christmas Story". Never even caught a part of it on TV. My fiance bought a copy at Goodwill the other day. I was raised (primarily) by my grandparents so I missed out on a lot of movies other kids my age watched (Goonies, Nightmare on Elm Street, Big, Dirty Dancing, Star Wars, etc). I've seen most of them now because my fiance will find out I haven't seen something and is so blown away that he makes a point to make me watch them. Somehow "A Christmas Story" slipped through and I've just NOW watched it at 34 years old...and I LOVE it! Everytime my kid watches it (it is the only movie she has right now), I end up watching it with her...so good! I can't wait to watch it every year now!

I love that movie! There is a summer vacation sequel that isn't as good but is still pretty funny. It's hard to find. It's called Ollie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss. It's got Ralphie, Randy and many of the other characters. However, the people playing them have changed so you'll have to get over that before you find it funny. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hm. Just slept for about 14 hrs straight. I knew I was tired...but I am seldom able to sleep more than 5-6 hrs at a time these days.

Sleep is good! :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

I love that movie! There is a summer vacation sequel that isn't as good but is still pretty funny. It's hard to find. It's called Ollie Hopnoodles Haven of Bliss. It's got Ralphie, Randy and many of the other characters. However, the people playing them have changed so you'll have to get over that before you find it funny. :smile:

I think I could get over new actors since it isn't a memory from childhood. I love the style of the movie, the director's/writer's style so I'd love to see more by whoever did it!

• BodyByBex
    Options

I REALLY hope this happens to me when I get home. Send me some of this good mojo!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I found it on YouTube. The video quality isn't good but you can still see it. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited December 2015
    Options
    SPEAKING of STAR WARS!( @Frankie_Felinius)

So, I watched SSP's dogs while he was out of town this weekend. I stayed over there and slept on Friday, then stayed over Saturday. Friday, I look at his calendar as I'm leaving the bathroom and he had WRITTEN A STAR WARS SPOILER ON HIS FREAKING CALENDAR!!!! :rage::rage:

I was super mad. Like that quiet, plotting murder, kind of mad. I took a photo and sent it to him proclaiming him a [expletive] [expletive] and he sent me 'lol' in return. I told him it's not funny and he tells me "It's not a surprise in the film." followed by "You should be asleep"
    I followed up with "And YOU should not be posting hurtful spoilers where people, who put aside their own viewing pleasures to help you, can SEE THEM!"
    I knew he went to see it on Thursday, which is fine. He wanted to take me but I was too tired and needed sleep in case I didn't sleep well while at his place, which is exactly what happened(dumb dogs).
    He did apologize and said he wrote it down when he came home, because he was drunk(I swear he never goes to the movies sober *eyeroll*) and meant to erase it Friday morning before he left but got distracted by the smurfy realtor. Who actually was really smurfy. I understand it's a multi-million dollar property(SSP rents the apartment above the garage) but maybe I'm an heiress who likes looking at property in her jeans and glitter slippers!
    No need to treat me like an invalid, lady.
    I can attest to his distraction level because he is really BIG on oral hygiene and he forgot his freaking tooth brush!
    I asked him if he really meant to erase it and he said 'yes' which he never says. He'll usually say 'sure' because he knows the word 'yes' is kind of a thing for me :naughty:
    Then I made some comment about his drunk handwriting being better than my sober handwriting and he said it's practice. I made a crack about him being older and having to hand write all of his essays to which he promptly agreed and then apologized again and asked if I would go with him on Tuesday to see Star Wars and I said sure. Then I changed my mind and said I wanted to go with my Uncle and he said he would still pay for us all to go.
    I think it's a win but I'm not sitting next to him. I don't need him whispering spoilers in my ear or attempting to fondle me in public. :angry:

ETA: Also, I'm saving as many calories as I can and I'mma make him buy us snacks too. It's the LEAST he could do.
    Messing with my Star Wars like that. He's not getting his house cleaned for like a MONTH!
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options

I always do this myself... Up for days at a time and sleep for days at a time... I need to stop forgetting about this thread, as nobody else understands working nightshift. Oh and I also gt to work Christmas Eve, good thing my children are convinced that i am Santa
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We've got a foot of snow so far and we are expecting snow until 5 PM tonight. I've loving it!!! :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    We've got a foot of snow so far and we are expecting snow until 5 PM tonight. I've loving it!!! :smile:

So. Jealous. Next few days are mid 40s to mid 50s 'round these parts. No hope for a White Christmas this year... :'(