Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nice haul @lacroyx

Also SSP Update:

So Star Wars Tuesday was a no go. My uncle wasn't feeling well so we were postponing until Wednesday. If SSP was a little miffed about it, he gave NO indication. He invites me over Tuesday night. He doesn't normally do that with the 'I want you to come over' bit. He's just not that forward. Something is up. :smirk:

Since I gave him his gift(it was a $6 T-shirt that said 'Meh.' which is basically him toward everything) and he already opened it and wore it the whole time he was with his parents while I was watching his dogs and all that, he decided to get me something.

So in recompense for him spoiling a big part of Star Wars for me, I got a back massage(with some fancy massage oils :wink: ), some fabulous sexy times( :wink: :wink: ), and I go to leave because I'm hungry and he asks what I want and I told him I had a craving for Chinese food and I also wanted an avocado burger from Chili's. So he drove me to both restaurants and bought me both! Then I said I wanted to watch a movie and he asked what I wanted to watch and I got this man to lay next to me, NOT playing on his phone, NOT reading on his nook or Kindle, and watch a chick flick(Under the Tuscan Sun) with me!

Then after the movie, I go to leave, and he gives me $50 because he has to sleep for work Wednesday night, but still wanted to pay for my uncle and I to see Star Wars. I guess he wanted to cover all of his bases because it's $6 per ticket for the matinee showing. So it covered popcorn, candy, drinks of the alcoholic variety and tipping the bartender, with some leftover for the vending machine at work. :naughty:

In the spirit of reciprocity, I got up at an ungodly 5am on Thursday morning and raced over to SSP's and cleaned his house and washed all of his bedding and had the blankets coming out of the dryer right as he pulled into the driveway at 8:15am. I tucked him in and got him all settled, he thanked me for the cleaning, kissed me and I was on my way home. I get home and he sends me a text thanking me again and saying that "coming home to a clean house and warm, fresh from the dryer, blankets after the night he just had was THE BEST!"

I said "I know <3"

ETA: I only hope we can keep this up for a little while before one of us goes full [expletive] [expletive] again.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

zuy91g40pctb.jpg

ETA: It makes me almost cry when I look at it... :cry:

That's amazing. You look terrific!

Thank you @jennifer_417 and @lacroyx!

It was a smurfing long journey for sure. I hope to be on the wagon again by Sunday but we'll see.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So I thought it would be super great to have slow nights at work, where I didn't have homework to do.
    Turns out it just gives me lots of time to think about how tired I am. And how I want to eat all of the things ever.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    So I thought it would be super great to have slow nights at work, where I didn't have homework to do.
    Turns out it just gives me lots of time to think about how tired I am. And how I want to eat all of the things ever.

Not a slow night, quite busy actually for me. Everyone at my work decided to bring and share all their leftovers. Tons of food but on the plus side, I won't have to worry about bringing food to work for the next few days.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

This. I get this. I am thinking of that pecan pie waiting for me at home and the ham and eggs I wanna eat...and the mashed sweet potatoes...and the dutch apple pie...*drool*
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Side note: I am taking the 29th off AND the 5th off! BOO YA!
    So, Jeanette can suck it up.
    OR...I will come in and work for her because she will probably call in 'sick' a few more times before the year is out.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have tamales waiting at home. :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I have tamales waiting at home. :)

:angry: No FAIR! *stamps feet*

At least I have pecan pie.... *sniff*

My friend Alycia made me some tamales and she's got 'em waiting for me. I just have to get out to her place to pick them up. Right now. During the holiday travel nightmare. In Austin. :scream:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    But I have no pecan pie...and won't have any this season. Never even saw a slice...

We had tacos for (pre) Christmas dinner at one in-laws, tacos at the other in-laws for Christmas day lunch, tamales (plus white people food) at my Grandma's for Christmas Eve and we still have a bag o' tamales from the neighbors (which we exchanged home brew for). And Christmas Eve eve, we had tortas. Yay Mexican food!
  • BodyByBex
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @bethanie0825 You're a dispatcher right? How do you deal with sending officers out to a potentially dangerous situation(like one you KNOW is bad)?
    I just had both my officers, Sergeant Smith and Sergeant Wiland(SSP) head out to a call that could have been really bad.
    Man called into county and said he had 10-15 people trying to break into his house and it was just kinda of right down the street from where we work. Not CLOSE but certainly not far.
    They both left. County closed the channel and Sergeant Smith announced they would be on scene with their officers.
    They both left and I just had to sit here, in this stupid smelly office, listening to that stupid infernal BEEPING!

I think this is how my dog Tessa feels when I leave. No idea when I'll be back. No idea if I'm ever in danger. And she's a little scared because she can't go.

I'm afraid for them because I can't go! All I can do is JUST SIT HERE!

They have opened the channel and just called for EMS to the scene, there's people yelling in the background...
    All I can do is sit here and listen...

ETA: They're back!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    No loot here, I guess a benefit of living alone.

@lilaclovebird great job, certainly a big difference, excuse the pun.

I have one pre-loss pic and when I looked at it I didn't cry, but smiled, one of the extremely rare events in which I've done so.

I should do one of them before and after pics of better quality but meh... even after over a hundred pounds later I still think I look like crap in photographs.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

So the dude HUGELY exaggerated on the initial call. He had 4 people trying to break into his house because the dude is crazy and high as smurf and they were trying to help him.

He had to be taken to the hospital and everyone was fine.
    Some of county even came back to the campus and had some coffee with SSP and Sergeant Smith and Sergeant Smith set up a mini chimp tour with Heather(Chimp specific animal tech). Definitely fostered some good will there.

Also, I have decided to keep watch every week for a police cadet opening in Houston. I can't sit around anymore. I want to be able to help people more and going to the academy is a more direct way to do that. I have the next couple Tuesdays off for SSP to give me some one on one fire arms training to brush up on my basics and I'm doing some serious circuit training to help set me up for success.

I will probably have to live in the dorms in Houston while working there, but that's life. It's super cheap and close access to the fitness center there. And if I can work in Houston for UT Police Systems then I get first choice for a lateral transfer back to Bastrop.
    I'm not super monetarily motivated but if I DO become a cadet, my pay rate is at least doubled. If I get the transfer to Bastrop, it triples from what it is now. Let's not even begin about if I get a bachelor's degree...

This is the plan. It's new, which makes it scary. But I've done scary before and this will be nothing. I lost 56 pounds I can do anything!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @lilaclovebird you look awesome!! And go for the job you want! Don't be me going 'what if?'

As for dangerous calls, usually it's not as bad as the caller says it is. We hold the channel and wait. It was much more nerve wracking when I worked at the sheriffs office bc their backup could be 20 mins or more out. The town I work at now is not too big. Just have to trust the guys and their training.

And it was harder working at the sheriffs office too bc my now hubs works there too and there were times I worked his channel. But I have this habit (which I've decided isn't always a good one) of emotionally detaching at work.

As for Santa, he brought me the shoes which I haven't been able to break in bc the park I hike at is closed due to flooding. I also got a Bodyguard .380. My hubs is awesome.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My mom is a state police telecommunicator (dispatcher)...has been most of my life. All of her boyfriends (that sounds bad, she's had two loooong term boyfriends, lol) have been officers. I know the one guy, she never worked in the same district with so she never had to deal with that (but he also did MEG work so that is stressful) but I think her and the dude she is with now worked like that for awhile. I couldn't imagine that. When my fiance goes ice fishing...I'm sta-ressed the entire time. I couldn't imagine him being in possible danger every damn day.

Thank goodness there are people like you & SSP out there @lilaclovebird...

On a side note: I wish the loss of weight gave me that feeling of being able to do anything! I lost about 80lbs in the couple years prior to getting pregnant and it never gave me that feeling! Damn!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @lilaclovebird you look awesome!! And go for the job you want! Don't be me going 'what if?'

As for dangerous calls, usually it's not as bad as the caller says it is. We hold the channel and wait. It was much more nerve wracking when I worked at the sheriffs office bc their backup could be 20 mins or more out. The town I work at now is not too big. Just have to trust the guys and their training.

And it was harder working at the sheriffs office too bc my now hubs works there too and there were times I worked his channel. But I have this habit (which I've decided isn't always a good one) of emotionally detaching at work.

As for Santa, he brought me the shoes which I haven't been able to break in bc the park I hike at is closed due to flooding. I also got a Bodyguard .380. My hubs is awesome.

Stupid flooding...
    Definitely going to stay compassionate at work.
    I don't wanna to my rounds tonight..... it's yucky outside....
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    My mom is a state police telecommunicator (dispatcher)...has been most of my life. All of her boyfriends (that sounds bad, she's had two loooong term boyfriends, lol) have been officers. I know the one guy, she never worked in the same district with so she never had to deal with that (but he also did MEG work so that is stressful) but I think her and the dude she is with now worked like that for awhile. I couldn't imagine that. When my fiance goes ice fishing...I'm sta-ressed the entire time. I couldn't imagine him being in possible danger every damn day.

Thank goodness there are people like you & SSP out there @lilaclovebird...

On a side note: I wish the loss of weight gave me that feeling of being able to do anything! I lost about 80lbs in the couple years prior to getting pregnant and it never gave me that feeling! Damn!

Well you have had blue hair. THAT should give you the feeling you can do anything. :laugh:

I can do anything EXCEPT rock blue hair....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Christmas loot...some cash, some gift cards, some bandana/scarf holders, a Ninja bullet thing (you know I'm making margs with that bad boy), a stocking of junk food, an apple pie and zuke bread, dried fruit/meat/cheese box thing, a Shotski. We do my mom's Christmas next week.

The Shotski. So, my father in law does woodworking for a hobby (we have a MASSIVE bookcase from a couple years prior) and he made us kids a Shotski. It is a wooden ski about four feet long with four holes for shot glasses so four people can take a shot at once. Funny thing is...I can't tell you the last time I took a shot. And we don't have friends. But it looks awesome hanging in our kitchen!

We didn't give each other gifts this year. He just bought the crap he wanted and I bought the makeup I wanted and called it a day. We just bought gifts for the tater tot. (Who by the way...has probably 15 Barbies complete with a froyo stand, a pool, a shizzing dog...and we still have two Christmases to go...one of the gifts is a pack of EIGHT Barbie princesses and another is a camper with a pool and top deck...plus other stuff I don't know about...sheesh).

My kiddo asked for Barbie stuff...that is it. But so far the three things she plays with are a can of slime, a stuffed dog with a whoopee cushion inside and a Barbie dog that you feed biscuits and it poops (complete with pooper scooper). I chose all of those. YES!!!! That is the kind of mom I am! LOL (I also bought Barbies, for the record.)

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I'm working some OT tonight and there are bagels in the breakroom. To include everything bagels which are my favorite!!!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I want to do NONE of the things... I wanna sit and eat. I have been working out like crazy and this weather is making my allergies all nuts so my face hurts and my teeth hurt and I'm not in a great mood.

But I did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 when I got home and then got on the elliptical for 20 minutes before coming to work today. I managed to stay in my calories thanks to all the activity and I at least hit my protein macro.
    I cannot wait for tomorrow night's shift to be over and I am going to take some allergy meds and sleep for 3 days. With maybe some intermittent workouts and eating...maybe.
  • BodyByBex
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm working some OT tonight and there are bagels in the breakroom. To include everything bagels which are my favorite!!!!!

I MIGHT actually murder someone for a bagel right now..... if it had jalapeno cream cheese on it.