Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Paging Dr. House!

That's funny because my fiance calls me that. We have talked about what job the other person "should" have had...if fate/fortune/life whatever turned out a different way. He always says for me...a doctor like House. I love science and biology and medicine and good mystery. I LOVE stuff like that. (Not right now, when it is me though...) Aaaand I wouldn't have the best bedside manner, a horseshizz bedside manner actually but I'd be so determined to fix the problem...I wouldn't REALLY be doing it for the patient but to satisfy my own curiosity and beat the thing. Baffles me that all these docs I see don't want to find out what is really going on with me...I'd HAVE to find out...for my own sake...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius Paging Dr. House!

That's funny because my fiance calls me that. We have talked about what job the other person "should" have had...if fate/fortune/life whatever turned out a different way. He always says for me...a doctor like House. I love science and biology and medicine and good mystery. I LOVE stuff like that. (Not right now, when it is me though...) Aaaand I wouldn't have the best bedside manner, a horseshizz bedside manner actually but I'd be so determined to fix the problem...I wouldn't REALLY be doing it for the patient but to satisfy my own curiosity and beat the thing. Baffles me that all these docs I see don't want to find out what is really going on with me...I'd HAVE to find out...for my own sake...

Yup. I would be googling furiously....

Also, definitely +1 to @bethanie0825 and her comments. You know your body, keep pushing until someone figures it out.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited December 2015
    Options
    After nearly 20 years in the workforce...I'm still baffled how people keep their jobs when they perform so poorly. I know @lilaclovebird & @belimawr understand this...well.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Always treat the patient, not the numbers. I don't care what the test said. If it looks like a duck and quack like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a yeast infection.

Agreed. You obviously have something going on...I hate they haven't found out what it is yet. Keep being persistent, you know your body best.

Had a guy giving a lecture one time that said, "In 1980 we didn't have heart worm in the US. Now it's all over. We probably had heart worm but you can't find what you're not looking for." If they haven't found something, it's because they aren't looking for the right thing. You obviously have something going on. So don't say everything is normal when there is obviously wrong. The correct answer would be, "The test came back negative. We need to be looking for something else."
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'd have rather heard that than "Why do you look like you are about to cry?"...which is what I heard before I walked out...
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Always treat the patient, not the numbers. I don't care what the test said. If it looks like a duck and quack like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a yeast infection.

Agreed. You obviously have something going on...I hate they haven't found out what it is yet. Keep being persistent, you know your body best.

Had a guy giving a lecture one time that said, "In 1980 we didn't have heart worm in the US. Now it's all over. We probably had heart worm but you can't find what you're not looking for." If they haven't found something, it's because they aren't looking for the right thing. You obviously have something going on. So don't say everything is normal when there is obviously wrong. The correct answer would be, "The test came back negative. We need to be looking for something else."

I hear this more often at a vet office....

Although in MY case it wasn't "It's not a yeast infection. We need to be looking for something else."
    It was basically "We preemptively tested for everything and THIS is what came back positive."
    I also got a "You're losing weight on purpose? Okay, we're going to run your usual cholesterol and blood panel and then I'd like to do a few more tests to see if I can help you in any way."
    I think that's the benefit of having a really good physician. She sees me as a person and not just a number or someone to get through to the end of the day.
    Unfortunately/Thankfully, there was nothing she needed to/could do to help me lose weight faster.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    After nearly 20 years in the workforce...I'm still baffled how people keep their jobs when they perform so poorly. I know @lilaclovebird & @belimawr understand this...well.

You have no idea... You really don't. I'm taking heat for them, they work in other departments but I can't go into detail because it wouldn't be politically correct...
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    man...i gotta keep my breaks shorter. every time i pop out for a day or seven, *kitten* gets real in here.

FF - keep the faith. we're all pulling for you.

J417 - proud of those marks, girl! go on with your bad self!

LLB - it's funny how some random moment will completely turn your life on a dime in another direction. it sounds like that call the other night may have done just that for you...good luck, no matter what you decide to do.

I took off for the weekend and went to Louisville, KY and spent the weekend in room 815 at the Brown Hotel downtown...significant in that it was where the Cameron Crowe movie "Elizabethtown" was filmed, and it was the room that Orlando Bloom's character, Drew Baylor, stayed in while he was there (his character in the movie, that is).

Walked around downtown, had an awesome stromboli at a great pizza joint on 4th, and ducked back in just before the rains came...a good time, all in all.

gotta get back at it...weird calls all week here. I thought it'd be dead, but people are breaking stuff like you wouldn't believe.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good time!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    So let's see who else is on tonight and who is out drinking. :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm hanging out at home...not drinking!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Hanging out at work, taking two very dead puppies out of a dog in order to save her life. I'm taking the uterus at the same time so I won't have to do this again next year to the same dog.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sitting at work wishing the last 90 min of my shift will go by quietly now that most of the crashes from drunk drivers should be over with.....hoping not to get too many more domestic disturbance calls....these can be funny though when you read the note of what the caller tells us and what the officers responding put in at the end of the call.....but please.....no more drunk callers wanting me to "send a message to the entire world using that thingthey call the world wide web".......
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The dog is doing well. No drunk people calling here so far. That's unusual. :wink:
  • belimawr
    Options
    So let's see who else is on tonight and who is out drinking. :smiley:

I managed to drink nearly a whole 750ml bottle of tequila and barely feel it. Which is odd being that when dad was here earlier in the week a bottle of lager was ready to knock me on my *kitten*. I guess I was just out of practice.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Censorship sucks... if Bart Simpson can say @$$ on network TV...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    This is going to be a really long weekend. I'm really learning to hate drinking holidays. If you're going to own a pet, don't blame me if you used all your money on drinks and now can't treat your pet. Don't make your bad financial management my problem.
  • belimawr
    Options
    sucks that you have to deal with that, hope it gets better
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I stayed in and drank wine. Now it's my turn to work.

@sufferlandrian people suck
  • sufferlandrian
    edited January 2016
    Options
    And as soon as I start hating people, in comes the nicest couple with a dog they have trained to be super good. I love clients like that. :smile: